9,854 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I'm with you on that, they won't admit that but they know its true, just look how sensitive they are, we have British, South African and Brazilian variants but woe betide anyone who calls it the Chinese flu!

So racist people in the U.S. should start assaulting and punching out not only Asians who they think are Chinese but Brits, South Africans and Brazilians as well?

Please don't tell them that.

39 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So racist people in the U.S. should start assaulting and punching

I did not know they had stopped!

13 hours ago, mtbiking said:

It’s a little known historical fact that Germany ultimately lost WW2 because the Bavarian regiment called Feierabend on a Friday at 13:00 o’clock, and instead of making the final push to Leningrad went looking for a Biergarten. Urgent calls and requests on Saturday and Sunday were simply put on hold until Monday morning. 

Since that day the rest of Germany doesn’t really trust Bavarians, see Söder and his failed Kanzler bid.

well, 'freitag um eins macht jeder seins' - one of these unwritten rules

14 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Even less well known is that romans only managed to take over Britain as the Ancient Britons were taking a tea break.

Actually, it as just hot water at the time, the Gauls introduced herbs to the island forming the base of what would become tea later.. This event has been well documented in books..

I see you know your Asterix - kudos to you.Pity that the author stopped publishing new ones when he died. Your description of British tea at the time is wrong though. It was hot water with a drop of milk in it, not just hot water.

On another note: There is hope that the vaccines will protect against the Indian variant B1.617 as well: https://twitter.com/3RakeshMishra/status/1385245798544207875

On 4/25/2021, 12:16:29, fraufruit said:

Himself was in and out in 30 minutes on Wed. with a 17:45 appointment. They were pretty much shutting down for the day. Maybe later is better.

Well here up North, we've got it sorted.

2mins to check all papers at the door (incl 30sec hand sanitized under observation), 3 mins typing something whilst another more thorough paperwork check).

Dr asked a question, commented that my paperwork was perfect and legible (smooth talker) ; jab; 15 mins observation in case of immediate side effects.

Impfpass stamped and see you in 6 weeks and I'm out in the sunshine again.

3 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

2mins to check all papers at the door (incl 30sec hand sanitized under observation), 3 mins typing something whilst another more thorough paperwork check).

Dr asked a question, commented that my paperwork was perfect and legible (smooth talker) ; jab; 15 mins observation in case of immediate side effects.

Everyone keeps on about their paperwork.

All I needed was ins card,ID card and rezept from doc saying I fell in the group for vaccination.

Oh and the confirmation of my appt email which I showed them on my phone.

Considering this is Germany and sometimes you need more than that just to have a shit in a public toilet I didn´t think the paperwork was over board.

The paperwork is no more than when you visit a new doctor for the first time: medical history form, consent form and signed information sheet (two copies, one they keep and one for you), which you load down and print out and sign at home - and Personalausweis. I didn't even have to show my Gesundheitskarte. I had to fill in and sign more forms - mainly because of Datenschutz - when I visited the Tierarzt the first time. 

The paperwork was fine. My issue were the million checkpoints at the impfzentrum. I felt like I was going through security, then immigration then security and another security at an airport. It went smoothly and was highly organised, just felt weird. 

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

Did you feel a small prick ?

Stormy Daniels sure as hell did

3 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

My appointment was at 20.00, so as they requested I got there early, dealt with the paperwork and was given a ticket number. In the waiting room the 2 numbers before mine and another person were called, then it all went quiet. At 20:15 one of the doctors came through saying it was all right to leave now.The lady who was waiting with me pointed out that we hadn't yet had our jabs. They got us sorted eventually, and with the recovery time we finally left at 20:35.

11 hours ago, jeba said:

I see you know your Asterix - kudos to you.Pity that the author stopped publishing new ones when he died. Your description of British tea at the time is wrong though. It was hot water with a drop of milk in it, not just hot water.

On another note: There is hope that the vaccines will protect against the Indian variant B1.617 as well: https://twitter.com/3RakeshMishra/status/1385245798544207875

I'd have been worried if he hadn't stopped publishing :lol:

Although in other books, death doesn't always mean you have to stop working, I know of a zombie lawyer...

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

I'd have been worried if he hadn't stopped publishing :lol:

Although in other books, death doesn't always mean you have to stop working, I know of a zombie lawyer...

Composers have posthumous works!!

Us Group 3 people can start on Monday in BW apparently so I've suddenly begun to pay attention. What I don't know is whether I should ask the Hausarzt or the Facharzt for the required proof, and  whether I actually need an Impfpass - I thought there was meant to be some digital system? Can anyone answer that? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Us Group 3 people can start on Monday in BW apparently so I've suddenly begun to pay attention. What I don't know is whether I should ask the Hausarzt or the Facharzt for the required proof, and  whether I actually need an Impfpass - I thought there was meant to be some digital system? Can anyone answer that?

Group 3 started registering a week ago yesterday.  If you aren’t 60 then I suppose you will need proof from the doctor. Doctors can give you a yellow book.  

16 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Us Group 3 people can start on Monday in BW apparently so I've suddenly begun to pay attention. What I don't know is whether I should ask the Hausarzt or the Facharzt for the required proof, and  whether I actually need an Impfpass - I thought there was meant to be some digital system? Can anyone answer that? Thanks.

Group 3 could be vaccinated since 19th April.

116117.app (impfterminservice.de)

If you are under 60 and have one of the conditions that qualifies you, you need proof from your doctor.  They may be doing AZ vaccinations at their Praxis.

14 minutes ago, Dembo said:

I am in NS and they asked us to bring an Impfpass if you have it. They stamped mine and that was the only paperwork I got. I suppose if I hadn't brought it they would have given me a new one or just the stamp on a card. 

6 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Group 3 started registering a week ago yesterday.  If you aren’t 60 then I suppose you will need proof from the doctor. Doctors can give you a yellow book.

Okay so actually it's people from the 3rd group with Vorerkrankungen (like me). I guess up to now it's just been over 60s.

https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/service/presse/pressemitteilung/pid/impfterminvergabe-fuer-mehr-menschen-aus-der-dritten-prioritaet-moeglich/

If you haven't got an Impfpass (like me) you get a certificate (Impfbescheinigung). The second jab will also be certified on it.