9,781 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

(sigh) But the Impfzentren still don't know about it...

read the article... AstraZeneca in Bayern is only for the doctors' offices now (started April 19th). Impfzentren do not use AstraZeneca anymore here.

If you want AstraZeneca now, without waiting for your "turn", talk to your primary care physician - or any doctor you may have visited in the past.

As a 60+ person, I'm hoping that we get a choice of vaccine fairly soon. Astra is a good vaccine, but the data seems to show BionTech offers slightly better protection. Its obvious the German authorities are trying to use up those Astra supplies available,  but I'd just feel more comfortable having BioNtech as it seems slightly more adaptible to the newer mutations. 

Here in Hamburg,  there was a slim chance of getting Astra this week, though the appointments were quickly snapped up. Just difficult knowing when the BioNtech is going to come on stream in larger quanities. Apparently their new factory in Marburg has started producing, so you'd hope we will be offered it in the next couple of months.  

It's quite sensible to allow AZ to be given in doctors' practices only. There is time for a consultation beforehand, to remind the recipient of the side effects to look out for and which ones can be safely ignored. Also AZ is easier to handle. I hope further states follow. Let anyone who wants to take the small risk take it. I think I will if Brandenburg follows suit.

Got my vaccination appointments today, first one on Sunday, second in June

1 hour ago, balticus said:

According to her, this virus does not exhibit a high degree of mutation.  

Ah bad news, it won't be mutating into something harmless any time soon then?

2 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Ah bad news, it won't be mutating into something harmless any time soon then?

If it does not mutate quickly, then people have a chance to build immunity over a longer period of time.  

Outside of that detail, it is worth listening to those 16 minutes of interview.    She and her husband are focused on much bigger things.   

5 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

Got my vaccination appointments today, first one on Sunday, second in June

Good on you! All the best!!

20 hours ago, balticus said:

If it does not mutate quickly, then people have a chance to build immunity over a longer period of time.  

Outside of that detail, it is worth listening to those 16 minutes of interview.    She and her husband are focused on much bigger things.   

I confess I did not have a convenient means to listen to it, but thank you for confirming that another one of your theories has bitten the dust!:lol:

Question: if you are receiving guests in your house, living with you for extended time, does that count as "two households"? Detail: they come from Portugal, no it's not a courtesy visit.

7 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Question: if you are receiving guests in your house, living with you for extended time, does that count as "two households"? Detail: they come from Portugal, no it's not a courtesy visit.

Why are asking? Do you really care if you are not allowed to have visitors living with you? 

2 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

If people are moving home to live, or into a new WG  that is not "visiting".   

Considering new tenants require the approval of the landlord and need to register with the authorities (anmelden) along with everything that goes along with it, I don't think classifying guests as residents qualifies. On the other hand, I don't understand why Mike is bothering to ask, because he's going to do what he wants anyway.

If your neighbour calls the cops and says you have a lot of ppl visiting and the cops show up at your door, will you be able to defend that these ppl have joined your household permanently or will you get a fine?  The cops would probably ask how long they are staying, did they do an anmeldung at your address, sign up for healthcare etc.

Sure you can take the risk.  Maybe your neighbours wont make that call.  Myself, don't think I would risk it.

They might be staying with us for a few weeks (nothing permanent!), out of necessity. It's 2 of them and the current rule is 1 adult from another household... no, it's not a social visit. They will come from a no-risk zone and I will pick them directly from airport. No need for quarantine, that is clarified.

I'm evaluating the legality of this. My understanding is they are living with us for a few weeks, therefore is a single household.

If it's not legal, only one stays.

4 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

They might be staying with us for a few weeks (nothing permanent!),

I'm evaluating the legality of this.

It is really not that difficult. Temporary house guests are not permitted if the rate of infection is over the specified threshold. 

My understanding is they are living with us for a few weeks, therefore is a single household.

Like Leon said, if your neighbour complains and the cops show up you can argue the finer points of the law with the authorities and why it doesn't apply to you  using your excellent German.

Great plan! :wacko: