9,843 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, yesterday said:

So i am in group 3

Any one seen any projections on when I will be offered the vaccine.

Does anyone know which group they are currently vaccinating at the moment.

I had my vaccination (group 2) last week but the 2nd jab is not till 6th July, you may be waiting a while yet before you have both.

@MikeMelga given the long delay between 1st and 2nd jabs I would say herd immunity in Germany by August may be optimistic!

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

@MikeMelga given the long delay between 1st and 2nd jabs I would say herd immunity in Germany by August may be optimistic!

I am counting on herd immunity with 1 jab. Pfizer 1st jab (majority in Germany) is around 85% effective and the second jab is more as a long term effect.

I think 70% of people with at least 1 jab should be reached around end of June/mid July. This means 3 weeks later after the jab you have full effect, so beginning of August looks doable. And if 60% is enough, like shown by Israel, this can be achieved 2-3 weeks earlier.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

So i am in group 3

Any one seen any projections on when I will be offered the vaccine.

Does anyone know which group they are currently vaccinating at the moment.

Should be about now. Group 4 should start mid-end of May.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I'm so sorry. I made a mistake. I had gotten moved up into group 2. Still, they must be close to group 3 soon.

Thanks for the correction

So it looks like at least a couple of weeks to wait then for me :angry:

if needs be we can come back earlier (from UK to DE) and quarantine for 5 days.

Despite it being admittedly a bit tough to take, seeing all friends in UK out and about on social media etc is a nice thing for me, personally speaking. A - we never had a full hard lockdown like the UK had and B - it is a sign of things to come.

I suppose I may eat the above statement and sentiment if we are lumbered with an extended period of schools shut again on the build up to summer here in DE #facepalm

4 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

if needs be we can come back earlier (from UK to DE) and quarantine for 5 days.

What are the UK quarantine requirements for travellers (British and non-British non residents) arriving in the UK from Germany though?

I'm 74 and now eligible for vaccination in my Kreis. Just registered online with the Impfzentrum and got an appointment for my first jab for tomorrow, second jab 1st of June. On offer was Biontech or Moderna. 

55 minutes ago, bramble said:

I'm 74 and now eligible for vaccination in my Kreis. Just registered online with the Impfzentrum and got an appointment for my first jab for tomorrow, second jab 1st of June. On offer was Biontech or Moderna. 

Ooh not heard of anyone who has had the moderna.

Another very good week of vaccinations with 3.5M vaccinations. That's a 10% increase. Last week had a 70% increase.

At this rate, by the end of the month we reach the necessary speed to achieve herd immunity by July.

6 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Another very good week of vaccinations with 3.5M vaccinations. That's a 10% increase. Last week had a 70% increase.

At this rate, by the end of the month we reach the necessary speed to achieve herd immunity by July.

They are now saying that in May everybody can get a vaccine. Exponential growth was to be expected in a wealthy, industrialized society so I'm not surprised. 

Just now, mtbiking said:

They are now saying that in May everybody can get a vaccine. Exponential growth was to be expected in a wealthy, industrialized society so I'm not surprised. 

Source please

24 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Source please

It's a no brainer. There are around 37 million with some sort of priority. Right now there are around 16.5 million with 1 or 2 jabs. This is increasing by 3 million per week. So in 6 weeks priority 1,2,3 should be covered. But as not everyone will want it, and as speed will still increase, it is expected Prio 4 will be allowed perhaps around mid May.

6 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

It's a no brainer. There are around 37 million with some sort of priority. Right now there are around 16.5 million with 1 or 2 jabs. This is increasing by 3 million per week. So in 6 weeks priority 1,2,3 should be covered. But as not everyone will want it, and as speed will still increase, it is expected Prio 4 will be allowed perhaps around mid May.

You can only make a mid May guess, if you know how many people are in groups 1,2 and 3.

Then you can make a guess on on how many people have been vaccinated plus a calculation on on how many people are left to be done and the current rate of vaccinations

Si I need to how many  are in groups 1,2 and 3, if you know that with a source I would like to know, thanks

Even then it's hard to predict if the supply of the vaccine will go down, stay the same or increase 

2 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Si I need to how many  are in groups 1,2 and 3, if you know that with a source I would like to know, thanks

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-impfungen-deutschland-bundeslaender-weltweit/

Last quarter of the page.

2 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Even then it's hard to predict if the supply of the vaccine will go down, stay the same or increase

Yes, but this is assuming minimum deliveries. I also started thinking there might be a surplus within a month because US is slowing down vaccinations due to lack of demand.

Yes an awful lot will depend on vaccine supply and don't forget maybe the first dose availability can get impacted by the need to give 2nd doses. As per the UK at the moment, they did over 600k vaccinations yesterday but nearly 450k of those were 2nd jabs.

Exponential growth will happen when you have all the world industrial powerhouses researching, producing and distributing vaccines. Particulary in Germany, you have a country that once a decision is made it has a tremendous machinery at its disposition to implement it. There were some hiccups in the decision making process (again, typical German) but it ought not come as a suprise that anything that the British or American government can do in regards to logistics and healthcare, Germany can do as well or better. The rest is flag waving.  The real danger to us is mutations happening in the virus that render the vaccines ineffective.

37 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Yes an awful lot will depend on vaccine supply and don't forget maybe the first dose availability can get impacted by the need to give 2nd doses. As per the UK at the moment, they did over 600k vaccinations yesterday but nearly 450k of those were 2nd jabs.

This won't happen in Germany before August or July. Right now the ratio is about 9:1 between jabs. It happened with UK because they went with the risky (but reasonable) route of delaying the second jab and not holding stock for the second.