9,840 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Do you really think that people who say such things are capable of doing the math?!??!? 

Seriously, close to 3 million dead worldwide (that we know of because Russia, India and China are not correctly reporting and much of South America may not have the infrastructure to correctly report) and these whiners are complaining about being fucking inconvenienced as if doing these bare minimum things that human beings should do for one another is such a fucking trauma.

They should hide in shame.

Oh, wait, they do. None of them outside of the grifters will actually admit in person that they are selfish assholes.

On every news, replace the word "Virus" by "Zombies". Then those type of people wake up!

Example:

The German government agreed Tuesday on controversial changes to a national infections control law, handing Berlin more power to impose tougher measures such as night-time curfews to halt the raging ZOMBIE pandemic.

43 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Seriously, close to 3 million dead worldwide (that we know of because Russia, India and China are not correctly reporting and much of South America may not have the infrastructure to correctly report) and these whiners are complaining about being fucking inconvenienced as if doing these bare minimum things that human beings should do for one another is such a fucking trauma.

They should hide in shame.

Oh, wait, they do. None of them outside of the grifters will actually admit in person that they are selfish assholes.

You seem to dismiss the safety issues with the AZ and J&J vaccines.   You seem to dismiss the accelerated "clinical trials" performed on the other vaccines and the lack of liability for the manufacturers.    Go ahead and participate if you believe your risk factors make it a good decision for you.  

The lack of cancer screenings, and the rise in spouse and child abuse, murder, depression, obesity, substance abuse, and business failures are not really minor inconveniences or "minimum things".   

It is quite selfish to be unable to consider the experiences of others and to trivialize the risks they face because you are not necessarily affected (yet).  

If you believe that masking, sheltering in place, and vaccination are suitable for you, please make the appropriate choices.   Your body, your choice.  ;) 

36 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

On every news, replace the word "Virus" by "Zombies". Then those type of people wake up!

Example:

Some do. Others will always piss and moan about how inconvenient it is to wear masks and follow curfews to avoid zombie attacks and complain that the entire zombie economy is at risk.

Guess they just really like zombies.

37 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Others will always piss and moan about how inconvenient it is to wear masks...

It is inconvenient to wear masks - but a hell of a lot more inconvenient if one catches the virus & even more so if this results in hospitalisation.

My wife keeps going on about "not seeing the grandchildren" but I have to tell her that if either of us lands in hospital with the virus thats probably the last we see of each other.

Could be worse. 

my brother in law in HK has just received his first dose of Sinovac 😂

Things get more confusing by the day. As I mentioned, Himself got an appointment for Biontech at the Impfzentrum and canceled his appointment for AZ at his Hausarzt. His Hausarzt just rang him and said the AZ is much better than Biontech and that all the Biontech people will probably need a 3rd jab.

WTF? How is anybody supposed to know what to do?

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Things get more confusing by the day. As I mentioned, Himself got an appointment for Biontech at the Impfzentrum and canceled his appointment for AZ at his Hausarzt. His Hausarzt just rang him and said the AZ is much better than Biontech and that all the Biontech people will probably need a 3rd jab.

I'd get AZ today if I could. 

That's stupid. Both likely need a yearly jab. With the difference being it's much easier and safer to do it with BIontech.

I've learned NOT to trust ONE doctor. I've met so many idiots in that field... better to get second opinions or, if you have the time and skills, learn by yourself.

3 hours ago, balticus said:

Exercise can help prevent severe COVID outcomes.   We already know that obesity is not only a risk factor, but also correlation to higher transmission.

Very useful advice for the elderly, I must tell my 95 year old mother to go to the gym more often, opps forgot the gyms are closed, she will just have to up the  jogging for a few more miles a day!:lol:

10 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

Hope nobody actually gets infected in the process of getting the jabs. There are large numbers of people gathering in enclosed spaces, some of whom are likely to be carriers, even if asymptonatic. And its not as if you can turn on your heels and leave afterwards, you have to wait for 15 minutes to see if there are side effects. My instinct will be to just get out of the place after I've had my jab.  A bit like those stories you hear about of people who got killed on the last day of the war!  

I share that concern, it took over 2 hours of waiting in lines as well as the 15mins after the jab, to get vaccinated at the Munich centre on Tuesday, lots and lots of people there, sad to say yesterday I got a call from my Hausarzt offering to give me the vaccination, I should have waited!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

And AZ will somehow not need a 3rd jab?  I think we'll all need more jabs when we get new variants as well as when time passes.

30 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Very useful advice for the elderly, I must tell my 95 year old mother to go to the gym more often, opps forgot the gyms are closed, she will just have to up the  jogging for a few more miles a day!:lol:

no, but the general advice to stay as active as possible/fresh air/eat well I am sure wouldn't do any harm.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Take whatever vaccine is offered, as soon as it is offered. That's been more or less the advice from all experts the world over since the start of the vaccination program.

Re-posting this video: Why you can't compare Covid-19 vaccines

"The best vaccine right now for you is the one that you're offered."

We will all need boosters and whatnot. Yearly updates. Maybe even later in the year we'll all be given different types to our first ones, if the experts think that will help. But for now, just take whatever you get.

I took the first one offered. Himself has a whole one day wait to get his preference.:rolleyes:

We really don't know how fortunate we are. This is beyond awful -

Doctors in hard-hit Brazil have resorted to tying COVID-19 patients to their hospital beds before ramming ventilators down their throats since they no longer have enough sedatives, according to doctors in Rio de Janeiro. “I never thought that I would be living through something like this after 20 years working in intensive care,” Aureo do Carmo Filho told Reuters. “Using mechanical restraints without sedatives is bad practice... the patient is submitted to a form of torture.”

In hospitals where they do still have sedatives, health workers have resorted to diluting them to make supplies go further or using muscle relaxants to calm patients down while they are intubated. “They are awake, without sedatives, and they pop up, with their hands tied to the bed and begging us not to let them die,” one nurse said.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Oh god Balticus is on about weight again.

I have the sneaking suspicion it is one of those people where like for example the most virulent anti gay people end up turning out gay and I think Balticus is really some 200kg slob who sits at its computer all day.

What you don´t seem to realise is that to people like Balticus your mother is nothing,she should be willing to die to allow people like Balticus their freedoms.It couches its reasons in saying its because of the economy,mental health etc etc but where if you read most of its posts it doesn´t care about people dying (It´s only 1% of them after all)so why should we all of a sudden believe its concerned about other peoples mental health etc.

‘Slow’ UK response to AstraZeneca side-effects alarms experts

https://www.ft.com/content/5251e1b9-b88d-4bfc-95fa-29dc34d37652

If it's paywalled for you, google for the title etc.

Because the MHRA is generally held in very high regard in UK medical circles — and praised for its speed in reviewing new Covid-19 therapies and vaccines for clinical trials and emergency use in the pandemic — experts have been unwilling publicly to criticise its response to AstraZeneca side-effects.

But several scientists have told the FT that the regulator was too slow both to pick up on the reports of the adverse reaction and communicate its findings to the medical profession, the public and the media.

Prof Stephan Lewandowsky, a psychologist at the University of Bristol studying the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines, said other European countries had taken a far more cautious attitude to immunisation than the UK throughout the pandemic. This had led to greater vigilance in the search for side-effects and faster communication of risks to the public.

“The MHRA was slow in responding to the emergence of a specific constellation of symptoms associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine and slow to communicate what they were finding — and I am not the only one who thinks so,” he said.

I wonder how much of this was science based and how much was politically directed.

As for the mental health part, covid long haulers are committing suicide because they are so sick and lose hope of ever getting better - NOT because of lockdown and isolation.

here

40 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Prof Stephan Lewandowsky, a psychologist at the University of Bristol studying the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines, said other European countries had taken a far more cautious attitude to immunisation than the UK throughout the pandemic. This had led to greater vigilance in the search for side-effects and faster communication of risks to the public.

It has also led to to the loss of possibly thousands of lives  from Covid 19 in the EU, not to mention long term disability when a very low risk vaccination option was available.

40 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I wonder how much of this was science based and how much was politically directed.

You seem to be the one playing politics, still searching for anything negative on the AstraZeneca vaccine and the British rollout!