9,060 posts in this topic

Yes, on July 6. I got both appointments with the invite.

I only saw a few really oldies today. They were suffering on their feet for so long.

Only doctors giving jabs - no nurses. 

I had been registered on the impfzentren.bayern website for a while. Recently I was notified, that I can now get an appointment. Today I finally got to the point where they actually let me schedule my appointment on that website.

All the times before I simply got a message saying "...no appointments currently available, try again later..."

I did some reading around in the meantime and learned a few things:

when they receive deliveries (usually Tuesday/Wednesday and sometimes Friday) you have to be quick to login and book your timeslot(s). 

If you want to avoid the AstraZeneca stuff, you can tell which vaccine you're going to get by how much time lies between your first and second shot.

AZ is 12 weeks apart, BionTech and Moderna are six weeks apart.

So, when you see there are 12 weeks between your appointments, try clicking "nächsten verfügbaren Termin anzeigen" until you get a pair of dates that is only six weeks apart. Or simply try again some other day (Tuesday evening worked for me today :) to schedule appointments for my BionTech shots)

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

On my way to the jab I noticed there was an AZ line and a Biontech line. I didn't even know they offered Biontech and I tried to get it. No go. What you get is pre-determined before you get the invite. If you think you can wait and get what you want later, you are wrong.

I'm hoping for the Biontech jab too, even though as a 60'er I'm supposed to have the Astra one.  As the rules are today.  

I phoned up my GP in Hamburg last week, and was told try again in May.   

I could just get the Astra jab, but have a feeling its going to get a lot easier to choose in maybe 1-2 months time.  It must depend on when BionTech are seriously ready to deliver in bulk.  They have just opened a new factory in Marburg. 

In the meantime new studies are being researched, and we should soon have more information on which vaccines can combat the latest mutations easier. 

1 hour ago, karin_brenig said:

(Tuesday evening worked for me today :) to schedule appointments for my BionTech shots)

1 hour ago, alexunterwegs said:

I'm hoping for the Biontech jab too, even though as a 60'er I'm supposed to have the Astra one.  As the rules are today.  

I phoned up my GP in Hamburg last week, and was told try again in May.   

🇺🇸 chats 6 weeks ago were “Did you get vaccinated?”  Now they are “Which vaccination did you get?”  🇩🇪 chats are trending that way.  All the sudden we are all in competition for the best jabs.  I wonder if I’ll be the village idiot if I don’t/can’t get a coveted jab here when I can fly back to the 🇺🇸 and get one.  😏  I just want to feel safe, move forward, and contribute to herd immunity.  

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Yes, on July 6. I got both appointments with the invite.

I only saw a few really oldies today. They were suffering on their feet for so long.

Only doctors giving jabs - no nurses. 

You must have missed me then, I also got mine today AZ, and also the 2nd on the 6th of July.:D I really do not understand why they do not offer all the forms online so you could have them all ready filled out on arrival, then those who have done so could miss out most of the moving from one queue to another. Not sure but I think I got the jab from a nurse, 2 ladies both dressed the same one one did the details and the younger (who I had assumed was the nurse) gave me the jab.

How are you feeling?

If you’ve had AZ I would recommend taking a double dose of ibuprofen before sleep and have some next to bed. I felt ok but wife suffered in the night a little. 

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

You must have missed me then, I also got mine today AZ, and also the 2nd on the 6th of July.:D I really do not understand why they do not offer all the forms online so you could have them all ready filled out on arrival, then those who have done so could miss out most of the moving from one queue to another. Not sure but I think I got the jab from a nurse, 2 ladies both dressed the same one one did the details and the younger (who I had assumed was the nurse) gave me the jab.

How are you feeling?

Is it different from state to state? We got the forms online and just handed them in ready filled in. Also an airport terminal! Whole procedure very slick.

59 minutes ago, Feierabend said:

Is it different from state to state? We got the forms online and just handed them in ready filled in. Also an airport terminal! Whole procedure very slick.

Each state has their own website and rules.  On the Niedersachsen website, it tells you that if you are over 70, working in certain professions or having certain health problems, you can register.  I helped someone register who qualifies due to health issues and she didn't even get an appointment, just a receipt stating she's registered and that they will send her a letter with an appointment later.  They might send the forms with the letter though.

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

How are you feeling?

Is your July appointment at 1:45? We should hook up. :D Maybe we saw each other today.

Mine is at 2.15 so very possible we could have seen one another. Not too bigger time difference, a hook up would be very nice.

What would a hook up look like at that godforsaken barren place? Himself has to wait in the car for me so I doubt he would want to wait longer.

p.s. I had a pretty rough night. How about you?

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What would a hook up look like at that godforsaken barren place? Himself has to wait in the car for me so I doubt he would want to wait longer.

p.s. I had a pretty rough night. How about you?

I took public transport the service bus took me back to Messestadt West, by the time we get the 2nd jab, hopefully a lot more will be open, maybe meet somewhere in the Arcaden shopping centre, if that would suit you?

I felt more tired than usual when I went to bed and woke up, while it was still dark to find it had turned me into a Newt!

I got better though!^_^

I don't use public transport due to my compromised immune system. I also don't go into shops or stores. Looks like a hook up won't be in the picture this time.

2 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

so whose wrong

Nobody. Look at the graph in the thing you posted. There were a crappy couple of days in there, which were duly noted on here. 

3 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/article230247491/Globaler-Vergleich-Deutschland-zuendet-den-Impf-Turbo.html

so whose wrong, people on here saying slowed massively, or this news article?

The first paragraph of that article displays a creepy strain of nationalism that seems common independent of political leaning.   

Deutschland impft schleppend? Das ist Vergangenheit. Kaum ein anderes Land hat in den vergangenen ein bis zwei Wochen seine Kampagne so beschleunigt wie die Bundesrepublik. Auch weil wir von anderen Ländern gelernt haben.

I have a few questions and I can't find a straight answer:

• Is AZ second shot really replaced? I can't find a single official source
  • Are schools closed with incidence above 100?

Things are not very clear at the moment.  Here in BW at least, our Realschule is opening next week with half classes.  So 3 days a week school (mornings).  With an early/late shift on Wednesdays.  Incidence here is over 100, but below 200.  Quick tests twice a week too.  Plus the usual mask and open window stuff.    

Only on Monday they were talking about full presence which I found a bit alarming.  Staff are sceptical and reckon could be back to online homeschool stuff fairly fast.

7 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I have a few questions and I can't find a straight answer:

• Is AZ second shot really replaced? I can't find a single official source
  • Are schools closed with incidence above 100?

According to https://www.zeit.de/news/2021-04/14/lehrerverbaende-kritisieren-notbremse-ab-inzidenz-von-200 they are now saying that schools can stay open until they've had >200 for 3 days in a row.  In Bayern they have until now been going by 100.

Something about AZ here: https://www.pharmazeutische-zeitung.de/wie-geht-es-weiter-mit-der-zweitimpfung-124797/ and here: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/gesundheit/gesundheit-stuttgart-termin-fuer-zweitimpfung-nach-astrazeneca-bleibt-gueltig-dpa.urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-210414-99-204464