9,719 posts in this topic

my neighbour just got his dad to write a letter saying he is his carer. Robert's (his) father's brother.

And I am still really annoyed with the expression "a real fighter", when it comes to surviving the virus. As if those who die don't try hard enough.

15 minutes ago, Elljay said:

And I am still really annoyed with the expression "a real fighter", when it comes to surviving the virus. As if those who die don't try hard enough.

Same with cancer survivors, etc.

Probable Evidence of Fecal Aerosol Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in a High-Rise Building

9 infected patients in 3 families were identified. The first family had a history of travel to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) epicenter Wuhan, whereas the other 2 families had no travel history and a later onset of symptoms. No evidence was found for transmission via the elevator or elsewhere. The families lived in 3 vertically aligned flats connected by drainage pipes in the master bathrooms. Both the observed infections and the locations of positive environmental samples are consistent with the vertical spread of virus-laden aerosols via these stacks and vents.

I know the evidence is circumstantial,  but wouldn't this be some shit.

Just now, oscar 63 said:

We will have to wear FFP3 anti fart pads in our pants from now on.

If it is a choice between that and having to take one of the Chinese tests I've heard about, pad me up.

4 minutes ago, optimista said:

Chinese test? Tell me about it? What do I not know?

2 inch anal swab ...  It is more accurate, less false negatives.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

Chinese test? Tell me about it? What do I not know?

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

2 inch anal swab ...  It is more accurate, less false negatives.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

:unsure: :unsure:

No thanks.

Most hilarious thread exchange I've seen in a long time :lol:

Got my jab today. Think of a huge airport terminal at holiday time. One hour in line to the first registration. Another half hour for the jab. All my papers checked and chopped by 4 different people. Only in Germany.

On my way to the jab I noticed there was an AZ line and a Biontech line. I didn't even know they offered Biontech and I tried to get it. No go. What you get is pre-determined before you get the invite. If you think you can wait and get what you want later, you are wrong.

My feet hurt but I'm glad it is done.

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Got my jab today. … On my way to the jab I noticed there was an AZ line and a Biontech line. I didn't even know they offered Biontech and I tried to get it. No go. What you get is pre-determined before you get the invite. If you think you can wait and get what you want later, you are wrong.

It just been announced that anyone in BW over 60 can register to be vaccinated on Monday, and one can expect AZ.  

My feet hurt but I'm glad it is done.

🥳🥳🥳  Did they give you a second appointment?