9,779 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Been saying this for weeks. Don't be so negative with European approach. Bottleneck was availability and this was projected to change in April.

I even projected 650-700k per day as the minimum target. Nailed it and I think they will go above in some days, although average should be about 650k. Anyway, it's a surprise jump, I was expecting a ramp up during the month.

 

See my post from yesterday and my forecast till the summer:

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/386478-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=3876263

 

 

Thats certainly good news

 

I did hear however,  Moderna is not going to deliver any vaccine to the EU in April, while the UK jhas got some and was injecting it yesterday.

 

But  Moderna  is only delivering 35m doses

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It seems to have worked for the flu over the past year.

You might want to read up on that.    

8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yes but you only have data for influenza not Covid.

 

The point i made was that long COVID is not something new for viral Influenza.   People who contract flu have some long term health consequences.   Long COVID has been proffered by scare mongers as if COVID is the first virus to result in long term health issues.

8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

So by your normal thinking you cannot judge the impact of Covid on people long term because there is no data for it.

 

My point is that it probably results in long term issues for some people just like other influenzas.    It is nothing novel.

8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I don´t know what this has to do with the price of fish.

You say Sweden is doing better than California which data shows is wrong.Now you start going on about big cities in Sweden compared to Norway etc.What has that got to do with anything.

Sweden has in fact trended upwards in regards to new cases since mid January.

 

Sweden is often compared to other Scandinavian countries rather than comparing it to countries with comparable population densities at a more granular level.   

 

8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I´m also confused by this.

You state clearly lockdowns do not work and then it is blamed on people not following the rules.

But now you admit that proper lockdowns do work.

So do lockdowns not work or do they work when carried out properly,time to make your mind up.

 

They may slow down the virus, but they don't stop it.    If lockdowns worked, there would be a strong correlation between lockdowns and case reductions and there isn't.    We have control groups like Florida and Sweden and their case load looks better than countries with strict lockdowns.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Been saying this for weeks. Don't be so negative with European approach. Bottleneck was availability ...


And whose fault was the lack of availability? You guessed it! The EU’s and national governments’ fault for their absolutely dismal procurement “strategy”. Call a spade a spade for once. It’s getting shy-making.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, john g. said:

No, it’s not, Keleth. It is an honest attempt to find out the truth. 

 

John, don't you realise ? Just roll your sleeve up and don't ask questions - otherwise you're an anti-vaxxer. 

 

But seriously, I listened to a podcast by Dr Mike Yeadon (ex-Pfizer). The usual suspects on here would call him an anti-vaxxer, even though

 

1. He fully supports vaccinating the elderly (over 80s) against Covid

2. He himself has had all the usual vaccinations

3. His kids are fully vaccinated

 

Buuuuuuutttttt: He questions the long term effects of the mRNA vaccines and he questions why kids who aren't in danger of Covid need to be vaccinated.

 

Although he is a former VP at Pfizer and has over 20 years experience, I'm sure Dr. Keleth and Dr. Mike Melga know way more than he does. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

 

Buuuuuuutttttt: He questions the long term effects of the mRNA vaccines and he questions why kids who aren't in danger of Covid need to be vaccinated.

 

What ?

You mean when he questions something he asks questions and has reasons why he questions things ?

 

Or does he say "I`m not an anti vaxxer but...." then just posts a video or article ?

 

Does he question vaccinations with expertise,knowledge and facts or does he just say "I´m just seeking the truth" ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

 

I'm sure Dr. Keleth and Dr. Mike Melga know way more than he does. 

Oh and please show where I´ve derided Doctors (real ones not FB ones or TV Celeb ones) or pertained to be more knowledgeable than them or just fuck off basically.

If an anti vaxxer brings real arguments that don´t involve Gates,NWO,Altering DNA,reducing population,autism,etc etc then I´ll listen to them although those types are extremely rare.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Keleth said:

What ?

You mean when he questions something he asks questions and has reasons why he questions things ?

 

Or does he say "I`m not an anti vaxxer but..." then just posts a video or article ?

 

Does he question vaccinations with expertise,knowledge and facts or does he just say "I´m just seeking the truth" ?

I find it totally reasonable to ask questions involving health-including benefits and risks.

I am not medically trained so I do watch videos by doctors , for example. I read the standard press/BBC  as well but don’t follow any dodgy social media ( apart from Toytown!!).

 

If Govts keep changing their recommendations re which vacc is better than the others and which age groups should have it or not ( and keep changing their minds ), why should I not do “ due diligence?” ( as best as I can as a lay person )...

 

And you often refer to “ my friends “ ( whoever they are??) and “ I’m not anti-vacc but..” ( are you alluding to the racists who use “ I’m not.. but “ to hide their racism and trying to insinuate I am in that category?). Methinks that your mind games won’t work with me.

Pigeon-holing me won’t work. Fair enough? 
But nice try!👍

 

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john g. said:

I find it totally reasonable to ask questions involving health-including benefits and risks.

Well then ask fucking questions,not just "I´m not anti vaxx but..." every damn time.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

If Govts keep changing their recommendations re which vacc is better than the others and which age groups should have it or not ( and keep changing their minds ), why should I not do “ due diligence?” ( as best as I can as a lay person )...

Well then do due diligence,not just "I´m not anti vaxx but..." every damn time.

Actually the most well known use of "I´m not but.." was in "I´m not saying it´s your fault but..."

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

and “ I’m not anti-vacc but..” ( are you alluding to the racists who use “ I’m not.. but “ to hide their racism and trying to insinuate I am in that category?). Methinks that your mind games won’t work with me.

Nope never had the slightest inkling that you're racist.

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

And you often refer to “ my friends “

Well most of them are on most peoples ignore lists but every time they post something you´re "well there`s good on both sides" type answering.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hopefully a balanced person so I think there’s good and bad in you!😂

” Most of them are on most people’s ignore lists”- how do you know that? Are you personally on someone’s ignore list? ( I assume arrogantly you will reply “ I don’t fucking care!)😂


PS: I am of a generation which ( at university ) had to use balanced arguments in essays etc. Dogmatism frowned upon. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Keleth believes in the old adage that when someone says "but", it negates everything that was said before.

 

Often it is true but not always. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha , Fraufruit!❤️
So there is good and bad on both sides a la Keleth’s reaction to my yes and no !!

So, there are nuances?

Hopefully!!

( Actually, “ good and bad “ requires its own nuances, of course! Way too simplistic!)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, balticus said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/31/uk-economy-savings-expansion-recovery

 

Selective data again Balticus.

 

It´s too early to tell if it is really going to be a shitshow or if economies will bounce back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, john g. said:

” Most of them are on most people’s ignore lists”- how do you know that?

Seriously,you´re asking that ?

Have you not read just the last few pages of this thread or countless pages of the Brexit or Trump thread ?

41 minutes ago, john g. said:

I assume arrogantly you will reply “ I don’t fucking care!

Why would you assume arrogantly ?

Why wouldn`t you just assume ?

 

And no I don´t fucking care.

I don´t try to be nice to people just for the sake of being nice or nonjudgmental,if someone is a c**t I´ll tell them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, no more adverbs from me this evening😂

I like adverbs but you don’t!! 
( my use of the word “ arrogantly “ is a piss take of myself.. self- deprecating.. shame you don’t realise that.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Keleth said:
27 minutes ago, Keleth said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/31/uk-economy-savings-expansion-recovery

 

Selective data again Balticus.

 

It´s too early to tell if it is really going to be a shitshow or if economies will bounce back.

 

 

What is selective about it?

 

Here is the problem:   people have taken on more debt just to cover basic expenses.    They will be spending less money on consumption for a while and that will hurt the recovery. 

 

Economies can bounce back, but the bounce will be constraint by the huge amount of debt that was loaded up since late 2019.  

 

Large, well connected institutions with access to credit will buy up assets for fire sale prices.    It works the same every time . 

 

It is a shame that so many people were gripped with hysteria.

 

ETA - WTF? - did you just post something showing that the UK economy is doing well???   

 

Attention @murphaph    Get out the digital pitchforks.   There is a heretic among you.    :lol:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, balticus said:

What is selective about it?

Selective was wrong wording.

Should have said picking and choosing data.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, balticus said:

ETA - WTF? - did you just post something showing that the UK economy is doing well???   

 

Attention @murphaph    Get out the digital pitchforks.   There is a heretic among you.    :lol:

Missed this bit of misdirection.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I think that Keleth believes in the old adage that when someone says "but", it negates everything that was said before.

 

Often it is true but not always. 

As discussed on two of the many communications training courses I've bene on..

If you say but, people will forget what you said before it.

I don't think that's entirely true.

Yes it is.

No, sorry, I don't think it is.

Can you think of an example when it would not be true?

 

Darling, you've gotten real fat, but I still love you.

 

I've used that twice, in one company my boss just laughed when he heard, in the one before I was actually verbally warned. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now