8,342 posts in this topic

Who has been looking at ships?

Was it @HH_Sailor?

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

@cb6dba I have to agree with you there. My ignore list reads like a who's who of former trolls and serial bullies, who, by the way, mostly no longer post here because they got on so many ignore lists that they dumped that moniker for a new one. Thankfully, the serial imbeciles are so transparent that they almost always give themselves away, thus, landing again on ignore lists. You'll notice that it's mostly people who know they are on ignore lists who want other posters not to use the ignore feature.

Yep, it's quite easy to spot them.

It's like watching Mr Benn, as if by magic,  a discussion baiting puerile idiot appears.. It so easy to spot who is who..

So far the people I have connections to that have died are still double in the UK, even though I have not really made any new contacts in the UK for 15 years or so. The total failure of the conservatives at the start of the pandemic seems to still now be eating in to the situation.

I guess we just have to let Boris throw more darts at the board until he hits what he's aiming for. At least the vaccine program will slow this down, not much help to my friends who have lost family members.  

super, and cb6 takes us somewhat back on topic.  I cordially entreat everyone to please abandon the topic of How to Ignore for now and get back to discussing coronavirus.  Further off-topic posts are likely to be removed.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

I guess we just have to let Boris throw more darts at the board until he hits what he's aiming for. At least the vaccine program will slow this down, not much help to my friends who have lost family members.  

It´s the what have you done for me lately outlook on Johnson from the UK and especially its media.

He royally fucked up and caused many unnecessary deaths with his bumbling indecisions how to combat the spread of the virus but now their vaccine rollout has been a major success the failures get forgotten.

I said this before but the fact that the govt harps on about the NHS track and trace system even though its run by private companies yet praises  the vaccine rollout omitting the fact it is actually run by the NHS says all you need to know about the UK govt.

18 hours ago, john g. said:

No axe to grind here on my part, no binary ideology on my part nor conspiracy wishes on my part

Another one of your "I´m not anti vax but..."posts.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

No, it’s not, Keleth. It is an honest attempt to find out the truth. 

I am only asking questions ...

Just now, john g. said:

*X-Files music plays in background*..

*Opens computer*, defo a conspiracy..

Something is going on...

10 minutes ago, john g. said:

When you try to find out the truth you need to ask questions about the article you´re reading.

You don´t though,you just blithely post it with the "i´m not....".

It´s also interesting that you use the word "truth" there and not a word like facts.

If you don´t know the truth then what you know is basically false ?

5 hours ago, Keleth said:

Still no data for this yet eh.

Here you are.   

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=long+term+impact+of+viral+flu&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Where did I note that ?

I remember noting 2 of your 3 examples had more new cases except Texas which was roughly equivalent to California.Sweden has the highest amount of new cases yet by far the smallest population density of the 4 so something doesn´t add up with your success theory.

If you take the population of a country and divide it by the area, you might come to that conclusion.   Then you could take a look at the population density map of Egypt and note that the Nile River seems to be easily identifiable.  

Posted on February 1:

Florida has been without restrictions since September 1, 2020.    California in strict lockdown.   Florida has a huge number of retirees, i.e. older people who are the most vulnerable. 

Large cities in Sweden have a higher population density than large cities in Norway, Finland, and Denmark.  

What success ?

When they have more new cases daily than your favourite comparison (California) then it is not a success.

Just because something has opened up and seems normal does not make it a success.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 13.32.14.png

German vaccination rate jumped hugely yesterday. Hopefully not an error. It's a massive jump, like a 90% increase over previous best day:

https://impfdashboard.de/

366k -> 656k

If we can increase supply a million jabs a day is entirely realistic based on that figure, GPs are only starting to come on stream now. If they could make use of the pharmacies we'd be flying.

Meanwhile AZ was sending secret shipments of hundreds of thousands of doses to Australia from the UK in February. Really they are a shady little backstreet operation. This was definitely done in cahoots with the UK government:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-australia/uk-made-astrazeneca-vaccines-sent-to-australia-sydney-morning-herald-idUSKBN2BV0LF

13 minutes ago, murphaph said:

German vaccination rate jumped hugely yesterday. Hopefully not an error. It's a massive jump, like a 90% increase over previous best day:

366k -> 656k

If we can increase supply a million jabs a day is entirely realistic based on that figure, GPs are only starting to come on stream now. If they could make use of the pharmacies we'd be flying.

Meanwhile AZ was sending secret shipments of hundreds of thousands of doses to Australia from the UK in February. Really they are a shady little backstreet operation. This was definitely done in cahoots with the UK government:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-australia/uk-made-astrazeneca-vaccines-sent-to-australia-sydney-morning-herald-idUSKBN2BV0LF

Maybe the UK government were involved with the mafia... Dutch factories and mafia... 

Sounds plausible lol!

It's bad enough as is but if it turns out that these vaccines were made in EU plants and then exported to Australia via the UK to get around EU export restrictions, all trust will completely evaporate.

I suspect the EU will be forced to respond to this news some how.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

366k -> 656k

Been saying this for weeks. Don't be so negative with European approach. Bottleneck was availability and this was projected to change in April.

I even projected 650-700k per day as the minimum target. Nailed it and I think they will go above in some days, although average should be about 650k. Anyway, it's a surprise jump, I was expecting a ramp up during the month.

See my post from yesterday and my forecast till the summer:

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/386478-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=3876263

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Didn't GP's start vaccinating yesterday?

On 4/6/2021, 6:15:33, balticus said:

Why do you believe that?    Why do you believe that masks and distancing actually work?

It seems to have worked for the flu over the past year.

3 hours ago, balticus said:

Yes but you only have data for influenza not Covid.

So by your normal thinking you cannot judge the impact of Covid on people long term because there is no data for it.

Florida has been without restrictions since September 1, 2020.    California in strict lockdown.   Florida has a huge number of retirees, i.e. older people who are the most vulnerable. 

Large cities in Sweden have a higher population density than large cities in Norway, Finland, and Denmark.  

I don´t know what this has to do with the price of fish.

You say Sweden is doing better than California which data shows is wrong.Now you start going on about big cities in Sweden compared to Norway etc.What has that got to do with anything.

Sweden has in fact trended upwards in regards to new cases since mid January.

What success ?

When they have more new cases daily than your favourite comparison (California) then it is not a success.

Just because something has opened up and seems normal does not make it a success.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 13.32.14.png

I´m also confused by this.

You state clearly lockdowns do not work and then it is blamed on people not following the rules.

But now you admit that proper lockdowns do work.

So do lockdowns not work or do they work when carried out properly,time to make your mind up.

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

(Skin in the game = made a wager)

Some friends use the "skin in the Game" term, to refer to how many shares the directors of a company hold.

The idea, is if the directors of a company are increasing there own personal holding in a company or have a large holding, they think the company is doing well and the share price is going to rise, while if they are selling, the directors know some bad news is going to be released and the share price will drop, so they get out before it happens.