4,989 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

On a more serious note. Yesterday I had to accompany someone to a cardiologist. In the waiting area was somebody sitting visibly feeling unwell. Since I know that person I asked what was going on and got the answer "am not feeling well and having high fever". So had asked sibling (seems to be one of the doctors there) to check it out. While waiting for test results was placed in the waiting area. Grand plan. While I really dont think that there was acute danger of Corona I still felt that even if it was just a normal flu  or whatever it was very inconsiderate to place that person in the waiting area where apart from me and the person I had accompanied (an elderly person and therefore more prone to  being at risks of catching a real flu and having more of it) there were 2 others waiting for their appointment. All of us were not highly interested in getting part of any infection whatever it may have been. So by now I am really slightly concerned that some medics are not taking things serious.

Back in the day in rural Germany (well, small town) my doctor had 2 separate waiting areas. One for patients with just regular old appointments and one for people who know or think they are contagious. Simple, and genius. The contagious waiting room was considerably smaller but effective. 

it would be a huge improvement if they would ditch the doors on waiting rooms here.  Don't even get me started on the handshaking thing. One of my docs has a sign in the lobby that basically says 'we don't shake hands, please don't be offended' yet every time I visit, out comes the doc's hand.

But I can't get too upset with docs when people are regularly coughing and sneezing right in my face.

Someone needs to introduce Germans at large to the concept of the cough pocket.

2 hours ago, lunasuenos said:

No worries, meanwhile in germany the first in country transmIssion in europe and 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

Yes, this has been reported already.  He got sick over the weekend and then felt fine and went back to work on a Monday.  It was only after he had recovered that they figured out he had the coronavirus.

4 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

You've been Jeffo'd. Yes it is on Bitchute but that's sometimes because Youtube censors heavily and is no longer objective. The original source is The Lancet which is 200 years old:

Yes, but the Lancet is only reporting on the original 41 cases, not the 4,500 cases that we currently have.  We have better and more recent data.  Therefore the data from the Lancet is being misrepresented. 

Yep. I celebrated Chinese New Year last Saturday with an ex-colleague who now works for Webasto where 4 employees are put in quarantine. She apped me and said she had no contact with them. It comes scarily close this way. I sat next to her for 3 hours during lunch.

5 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Yep. I celebrated Chinese New Year last Saturday with an ex-colleague who now works for Webasto where 4 employees are put in quarantine. She apped me and said she had no contact with them. It comes scarily close this way. I sat next to her for 3 hours during lunch.

The German Department of Health (Gesundheitsministerium) has given Webasto a list of 40 persons who were in contact with the sick people. They will be tested tomorrow.

Did your friend call the company and have them check that list?

There is now a person in isolation in the hospital in Lawrence, KS (a midwestern college town of about 100,000 that I moved here from recently).  That person was in Wuhan and now has symptoms.  Something!  

11 hours ago, lisa13 said:

Someone needs to introduce Germans at large to the concept of the cough pocket.

The cough pocket (coughing/sneezing in your folded elbow) is vastly used in Germany.  More than average, I would say.

Its seems to be spreading fast... OR, the Chineese authorities kept it quiet for an age, thus giving chance to spread...  

I am off to zero hedge to see if I can dig up the truth about this... 

30 minutes ago, slammer said:

Yup, in Kreis Landsberg already three people whacked and one from the village where I live...

Webasto workers. Wife of a co-worker works there...

EDIT: woops, Webasto was already mentioned before.

...along shimmies the dour, possbily callous Realista.

I am confident that the only people who are in any danger of dying are the old, weak and fragile with compromised immune systems who were gonna go soon anyway.

France is flying out planes today and plans to bring back 1000 citizens, including any who look sick. Those will be segregated but not left behind as I understand it. There has been no mention of quarantine upon arrival.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

The cough pocket (coughing/sneezing in your folded elbow) is vastly used in Germany.  More than average, I would say.

I can't confirm that, unfortunately. I mostly see an even split between using a hand and nothing at all. Sometimes they have a tissue that they whip out in the nick of time. Maybe kids are being taught otherwise but adults don't seem to get it.

12 hours ago, Metall said:

The German Department of Health (Gesundheitsministerium) has given Webasto a list of 40 persons who were in contact with the sick people. They will be tested tomorrow.

Did your friend call the company and have them check that list?

She works in a different building/location and has nothing to do with the involved department. Since yesterday she works in home-office as a precaution and the involved location is closed until Sunday.

3 hours ago, slammer said:

Yup, in Kreis Landsberg [..]

We will build that wall and make China pay for it!