9,855 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jeba said:

Aren´t they threatening to sue? I´m not a lawyer but I doubt you need a special clause allowing someone to sue for breach of contract. Otherwise I could think of a lot of contract which couldn´t be enforced

I posted earlier about the EU vs UK contracts.

Basically in the UK they would be facing massive financial penalties,in the EU they can now pull out of the contract and look for another supplier penalty free.

That is the big difference between UK and EU law.

16 minutes ago, Fritsen said:

This isn’t rocket science.

Well if even only half the Apotheke did it it would be 150,000 per day not 200,000 per month.

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Well if even only half the Apotheke did it it would be 150,000 per day not 200,000 per month.

Yea, that was my mistake.

Pharmacies in France started giving vaccinations a couple of weeks ago. They are due to start in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland imminently. Should definitely be an option here.

5 hours ago, Keleth said:

Pharmacists aren't allowed to vaccinate in Germany. I was regularly giving out flu shots, and travel vaccines back in Canada. Here they started a dumb pilot project about 1.5 years ago but it seems not much came out of it due to resistance from physicians. Plus, most pharmacists here are simply not willing to inject people (even if training was offered). The other thing, injection administration is regulated by Heilpraktikergesetz. Pharmacy is regulated by the Apothekengesetz (and the bunch of Verordnungen that come under it. Currently, based on these laws, pharmacists are not allowed to inject drugs as it is considered Heilkunde and a pharmacist practicing that is a direct breach of that. So they need to change the Gesetz and we all know how long that takes... Sorry off topic, but thought maybe someone was interested in the why. 

Heck even if the Hausaerzte gave them regularly we would see large increases, rather than the silly 20 per week. 

I have to laugh, Narjiz! Here on Crete, the pharmacist lady, with her small dog sitting on her desk , gave me the tetanus shot the other year. 😂 ( cash only, of course!)...

That would break about 3 million rules in Germany!

31 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

Pharmacists aren't allowed to vaccinate in Germany. I was regularly giving out flu shots, and travel vaccines back in Canada. Here they started a dumb pilot project about 1.5 years ago but it seems not much came out of it due to resistance from physicians. Plus, most pharmacists here are simply not willing to inject people (even if training was offered). The other thing, injection administration is regulated by Heilpraktikergesetz. Pharmacy is regulated by the Apothekengesetz (and the bunch of Verordnungen that come under it. Currently, based on these laws, pharmacists are not allowed to inject drugs as it is considered Heilkunde and a pharmacist practicing that is a direct breach of that. So they need to change the Gesetz and we all know how long that takes... Sorry off topic, but thought maybe someone was interested in the why. 

Heck even if the Hausaerzte gave them regularly we would see large increases, rather than the silly 20 per week. 

Friends tell me - In Ontario, Canada, Family MDs and Pharmacies are booking vaccine shots.

In this back and forth between Biontech and AZ, where is Moderna? Why are we not hearing a peep about it? Is it being given , not given , the current quantities in germany, etc.

The only explanation i can think of is that it is the costliest of the lot and so the governments are avoiding it

55 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It`s amazing how often you post the "I`m not ****** but" line.

Wisdom. ;)
Did you read my link? 
Do you think we should all AUTOMATICALLY agree with with what scientists/ business claim? Has your wife not had different medical opinions about her condition?

Are you a free thinker ?😂

2 hours ago, Narjiz said:

So they need to change the Gesetz and we all know how long that takes... Sorry off topic, but thought maybe someone was interested in the why. 

Thank you for the explanation! I found it very interesting. I read about the pilot project,  but didn't know they needed to change a law.

Those kinds of gatekeeping laws are one of the most infuriating aspects of Germany. It gets to the point where you don't know who is protecting whom from what.

38 minutes ago, RajeshG said:

In this back and forth between Biontech and AZ, where is Moderna? Why are we not hearing a peep about it? Is it being given , not given , the current quantities in germany, etc.

The only explanation i can think of is that it is the costliest of the lot and so the governments are avoiding it

I sincerely hope that is not the case, considering we're in the midst of an economy-wrecking shutdown of varying degrees depending on the month. Certainly whatever Moderna costs would be peanuts in the long run if it means getting out of this seemingly never ending mess sooner rather than later, especially since the AZ rollout has proven to be an utter disaster in the EU. BioNTech / Pfizer can't do all the lifting ...

10 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Where would they give vaccines? Outside?

That is partly how it is being done here in the UAE, using big tents that look like the set of a bake-off program.  There are also temporary vaccine centres setup in the shopping malls and even some hotels. 

So I’m told by work colleagues, you download an app, answer some questions to see if you are eligible, select the vaccine centre, date, time, and depending on what is available at that centre you also can choose in app which vaccine you want out of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, and Sinopharm (in Dubai at least - some of the other Emirates only have Sinopharm so no choice given. In the Brits in Dubai FB group it’s the “Oxford”/“British one”/“our one” 🙄 that most are choosing - they are like a younger version of the worst of the Brits in Spain, it’s depressing!).  I think the Sinopharm is the one that has been used the most here. 

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

Are all Apotheke the same in Germany? In Portugal about half are not run by pharmaceuticals, so they can't relieve prescriptions nor give shots.

Anyway, my company doctors is sitting all day in office... there are many ways to increase throughput.

11 hours ago, john g. said:

Wisdom. ;)

Because it is accepted when someone says "I`m not ....but" that is exactly what they are.

Your link had absolutely no need to be prefaced by "I´m not anti vaxx but".

Why not "interesting case why we should not automatically trust businesses and scientists."

When you used what you did it makes it look like you are leaning that way.

Has your wife not had different medical opinions about her condition?

Cancer is a pretty universal diagnosis.The only differing opinions she had about treatment was from FB freaks suggesting crystals,water,cannabis oil etc but medically no.

Do you think we should all AUTOMATICALLY agree with with what scientists/ business claim?

Nope but I would not use anti vaxx anywhere in that statement.

Did you read my link?

Yes but did you actually read any other of the many articles about it explaining what happened and how many scientists and medical agencies outside of France repeatedly raised concerns about it and tried to get it taken off the market ?