9,374 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

So is that why women are at lower risk than men for Covid, less baldness?:D

Is that not the latest fashion?

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

So is that why women are at lower risk than men for Covid, less baldness?:D

Lol I just replied to the hair removal topic a minute before :D

13 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

The virus is too heavy for its shape to sustain itself in the hair. But it can remain in the air for hours if attached to particles/aerosols that can float.

That will depend on air movement. But it doesn´t answer the question about the effect of dryness in the first place. It´s still unclear to me for how long dried virus particles remain infectious (and under what surrounding conditions like temperature, kind of surface it´s attached to etc.). What I read / heard on that question is all over the place ranging from a few hours to 9 days.

16 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Have they considered doing it later, for example mid November?

You mean smack bang in the middle of the flu season that we get every year ? Great idea :wacko:

I think we should all get in the sauna. Free of charge. The Finnish should be virus free.

38 minutes ago, optimista said:

I think we should all get in the sauna. Free of charge. The Finnish should be virus free.

The Belarus approach!

2 hours ago, Mackle said:

It's also being said by some research groups that a combination of hot temperature and high humidity reduces the spread .

Yet it is so bad in  Brazil!!!

https://www.aerztezeitung.de/Medizin/Deutschland-setzt-Impfung-mit-AstraZeneca-Impfstoff-aus-417900.html

The quote from the PEI is a little disconcerting:

Das PEI teilt dazu mit: „Bei der Analyse des neuen Datenstands sehen die Experten des Paul-Ehrlich-Instituts jetzt eine auffällige Häufung einer speziellen Form von sehr seltenen Sinusvenenthrombosen in Verbindung mit Thrombozytopenie und Blutungen in zeitlicher Nähe zu Impfungen mit dem COVID-19-Impfstoff AstraZeneca.“

It came out that US put pressure on Brazil to avoid using the Russian vaccine.   The reason:  To stop Russia from becoming more important and influence the region.

F*****n unbelievable.    I bet Brazil was not the only South American country they pressured.

I wouldn‘t be surprised, Krieg , but do you have a link to that?

Interesting- US national security etc but it also says the Brazilians approved the Oxford thingy and the Chinese one! 
Thanks, Krieg!

So what the feck is the EU doing? It's way behind on it's vaccination program and now it halts the AZ vaccine. Are there any details as to exactly why? What are the numbers and details of these blood clots, are there fears of longer term effects? I'd really like to know, because from where I am sitting, I would assume that pausing the AZ program is going to cost more lives than rare cases of clotting. Germany is currently registering 250 deaths a day. That is a big call. I trust the science, scientists and the institutions but I query whether the big picture is being considered here properly.

23 minutes ago, theGman said:

Germany is currently registering 250 deaths a day

But what's the context behind these deaths ? People die every day. Is it old people who are severely ill and would have died naturally anyway ? Or is it fit, young and healthy people who are being taken far too soon ? We don't really know the background behind these deaths do we ? Could a blood clot kill someone in their  40's who may otherwise have had a long and healthy life ? I guess we don't know but there's no harm in doing further tests to make sure we avoid the Pandemrix situation where people went on to develop narcolepsy. 

Why has nobody compared the deaths from thrombosis occurring after vaccination with other vaccines? No stats? Oh really? And if not, why not?

(Judicious use of scare-mongering tactics can kill your market. And it is all about the money. And dog eat dog. For sure.)

They've done better: they compared it to normal thrombosis occurence rate. Nothing out of the ordinary. This is more about lack of AZ vaccines and pleasing the public than actual science. It's also a scapegoat for bad vaccination plan.