8,875 posts in this topic

So our final 'window visit' at the care home before lockdown didn't go according to plan.

Text for those who don't want to go to FB. Stuff like this is only going to make it harder to enforce the rules.

So our final 'window visit' at the care home before lockdown didn't go according to plan.

When you are faced with irrational responses your actions become irrational.

When you are repeatedly told 'we're just following the rules' and those rules have kept you away from your loved one for about 8 or 9 months, you question those rules.

When the rules - like so many in this period of our history - are purporting to be in place to 'protect' but yet are causing untold damage to physical and mental health then you start breaking the rules.

Yesterday my 73 year old Mum, pushed into the care home to hug my 97 year old Grandma who has dementia. She then quietly wheeled her out.

My Mum, is a trained nurse and wishes to care for my Nan at home. We only have Power of Attorney for my Nan's finances. Not for her wellbeing. Before lock down we could over come this by visiting my Nan regularly. Now we can't. My Mum was arrested because she refused to take my Nan back to the care home.

It feels like we are living in the worst Kafka-esque nightmare. People in masks coming to take your relative away from you.

I find myself for the first time in my life on the wrong side of the law.

I have tried to go through all the 'official channels': written countless letters to MPs, Public Health, the Care home... I have signed petitions, spoken to social workers, we raised a 'safe guarding' concern at the beginning of lockdown due to my Nan's clear deterioration but this was inexplicably dropped and 'disappeared'. When she became ill at the care home and was admitted to hospital we asked that she not go back. Yet she was discharged from hospital behind our backs and without our consent.

When your voice feels lost in a labyrinth of bureaucracy, when you are informed by the police that you are not on your relative's relevant paper work(!!), when the system is so clearly failing, we have to stand up and reform it.

The police were as kind as they could be, they had a hard job. I thank them for trying their best and de-arresting my Mum so we could go home together.

The issues are with the 'guidelines' and with so much fear preventing creative problem solving. Relatives need to be given key-worker status. They need to be allowed into their relative's private bedroom to visit, feed and care for their loved ones.

I share this story and these two short videos (the second one I recorded by accident but the audio is clear) to highlight to as many people as possible that sometimes the rules aren't right. Sometimes the rules need challenging and changing.

It is my hope that if enough of us live from our hearts, act from our hearts and speak our truth fearlessly from our hearts, this inhumane situation will come to an end.

Please share.

On 03/11/2020, 17:25:21, oscar 63 said:

A request from a Berlin doctor (pls excuse lazy use of google translate)

"A snapshot of a Berlin doctor, working in the intensive care unit, as of yesterday - here you go.
"After the rapid increase in the number of infections, the burden on our intensive care units is now increasing rapidly - as was to be expected.
We are still in a privileged situation in Berlin: Depending on the counting method, there are between 1200 and 1400 usable intensive care beds in the city.

What was the average utilization of ICU beds in Berlin pre-COVID?

Is the Journalist unable to provide perspective and thus incompetent or cognizant of the answer, and thus corrupt?    ;) 

3 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Just read in a newsletter for doctors that Belgian doctors don't have to decide whether they put a 70 year old or a 60 at a ventilator. In some hospitals they now have to decide between a 30 year old and a 50 year old.(https://www.aerzteblatt.de/nachrichten/117975)

Netherlands is next.

They are sending a lot of them to Germany according to Himself.

10 hours ago, jeba said:

Isn't that the number of COVID people in ICU?

In the US, the average rate of occupancy in the ICU is around 70%, so the scary stories about 90% occupancy do not reflect a huge deviation from normal operating.    If you worked as a Medical Doctor, you already knew that and it would explain why you avoided the question.    🤡

Fear! Fear! Fear! Fear!   

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Where do you get that from? This is what it shows (deepl-translation):

Number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients transmitted by Berlin hospitals according to type of care (ITS: intensive care unit; peripheral wards): A distinction is made between the number of patients treated as peripheral inpatients, the number of ventilated ITS patients (dark blue), non-ventilated ITS patients (light blue) and ECMO patients (red). Source: IVENA hospital query, SenGPG

1 hour ago, balticus said:

it would explain why you avoided the question.

What question have I avoided? An unasked one?

10 minutes ago, jeba said:

What question have I avoided? An unasked one?

2 hours ago, balticus said:

No idea about Berlin. For Germany the average was 79%:

The intensive care beds were 79 percent utilized on average for the year 2017 . This means that an average of 5,886 beds were empty. It should be noted that the average length of stay of a patient in an intensive care unit in 2017 was only 3.8 days. Therefore, an average of 76 patients per bed and year could be treated [4]. According to Italian and German intensive care physicians, the treatment of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units takes significantly longer and lasts more than 7 days. This means that the capacity of intensive care units is exhausted faster under the influx of COVID-19 patients than in normal operation.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Note that that was at a time when there were no beds reserved for covid-patients!

Yesterday, daily new cases passed 20,000 for the first time, here in Germany, Covid19 related deaths are also increasing...

The numbers are increasing but the hospitals don't seem to be overwhelmed. From what I've read it's the same in the UK.

From the Great Barrington Declaration FAQs

covid-19 risk 

How Dangerous is the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 disease? 

It is important to distinguish between the risk of infection and the risk of death. Anyone can get infected, but there is more than a thousand-fold difference in the risk of death between the oldest and youngest. For old people, COVID-19 is more dangerous than the annual influenza. For children, the COVID-19 mortality risk is less than for the annual influenza. 

I recommend reading the whole thing, particularly the section protecting the old and at risk but this part jumped out at me

Don’t the current age-wide lockdown strategies properly protect the old? 

No, on the contrary. There have been many unnecessary deaths, and especially among the urban working class. Current lockdown policies have failed to protect the vulnerable. Concrete examples of these failures include:  

Requiring older “essential” workers and members of the working class that cannot afford not to work to be put in work situations where they may be exposed to the virus. 

Failure to protect nursing home residents from exposure to the virus from staff members, visitors, and other residents.  

No provision for elderly people living in multi-generational homes to be shielded should a family member be exposed to the virus.   

the points and proposals seem to be quite reasonable but implementing them requires good governance, something sadly lacking in most countries. 

8 hours ago, jeba said:

No idea about Berlin. For Germany the average was 79%:

Note that that was at a time when there were no beds reserved for covid-patients!

Journalists ranting about 90% utilization rates in ICUs and do not report a baseline of 79% are fear mongering.  

Relax.   🤡

9 hours ago, balticus said:

Journalists ranting about 90% utilization rates in ICUs and do not report a baseline of 79% are fear mongering.  

You don´t seem to understand that the current utilisation rate is what it is in spite of the fact that elective patients who would usually occupy a large part of ICUs are currently not doing that because elective surgeries have largely been cancelled. Without the recent lockdown (which doesn´t really deserve to be called a lockdown) ICUs would soon be fully utilised. It´s not that a utilisation rate of 90% is so much of a problem but rather the fact that it´s rising rapidly.

9 hours ago, balticus said:

Relax.

Yes, because "it´s over" - according to you at least.

12 hours ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

The numbers are increasing but the hospitals don't seem to be overwhelmed

Yet. Without the recent "lockdown" this would have changed soon, given the rise in utilisation.

Steve Bannon Condemned, Banned From Twitter After Suggesting Violence As ‘A Warning To Federal Bureaucrats

Political strategist and former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon faced widespread condemnation Thursday after he said Thursday that he’d like to see Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray beheaded as “a warning to federal bureaucrats” to begin a second term for President Donald Trump, a shocking comment that is leading to calls for YouTube to cancel his show.

Bannon suggested firing Fauci and Wray before saying he’d actually like to see their “heads put on pikes” outside the White House.

Bannon, a political strategist who formerly served as Trump’s White House chief strategist, made the comments on his “War Room” show on YouTube on Thursday.

Bannon also suggested the violence against Fauci and Wray could be part of a “civil war.”

YouTube prohibits “inciting others to commit violent acts against individuals or a defined group of people.”

Google, which owns YouTube, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Forbes, but the video where he mentions the beheading was removed, with Facebook also later removing the video.

This mook.

Deaths up again in Germany yesterday.

I thought this wasn`t going to happen.No wait it was that there won`t be as many deaths as there was at the start.

I`m confused here and need our resident expert on everything to tell me exactly what it was that was going to happen with deaths.

It seems to qualify as an expert on here some of the following criteria must be met...

Not resident in the USA = Expert on US geography,constitution,politics.More expert than most especially than those who have spent their whole lives in the USA.

Not resident in Sweden = Expert on Sweden's Corona response and how it should be applied worldwide.

Not a virologist or scientist of any sort = Expert on Corona.

Not resident in UK = Expert on Brexit and its after effects in the UK and whole of Europe.

So as this is the case and I have no financial training,have never invested in stocks etc in my life I am now for a small fee available to give everyone on here financial advice on investing.

Although I have no training I am quite capable of going on some of the more dubious pages on FB and copying pasting in replies to you and I can also use Google and youtube if called upon.

On 5.11.2020, 08:22:23, balticus said:

Yes, it is. You´re right and I was wrong (seems one beer is already too much for me). I realised it now only after having a second look that I overlooked (repeatedly)  that the graph was showing covid-patients only. Apologies.