5,105 posts in this topic

- take out travel insurance, just in case the country is teaming with Corona by the time you want to visit...

Given that China and other Asian countries and now Italy are the countries so far who have the worst infection rates of Coronvirus I can't help wondering if it is down to diet???

Purchasing large stocks of rice and noodles may perhaps be the wrong thing to do. It might be better to stock up on Schweinebraten, Knödel, Roast Beef, potatoes and hamburgers  oh and don't forget the backbeans.:lol:

earlier in the thread someone mentioned the age demographics, that looked a more logical explanation TBH

Well, according to our least aptly named member ever, we're all gonna die, so might as well go out doing something (or someone) you love.

Burgers and oral sex for everyone! Everyone gets to bareback!

15 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Given that China and other Asian countries and now Italy are the countries so far who have the worst infection rates of Coronvirus I can't help wondering if it is down to diet???

I`m addicted to pasta - does this mean I am going to die?!

On a serious note, how many of you are stocking up on supplies, just in case you end up in quarantine or a national emergency is announced?

Just now, robinson100 said:

On a serious note, how many of you are stocking up on supplies, just in case you end up in quarantine or a national emergency is announced?

My wife grew up in East Germany. We always have 4 weeks of food in the house.

We have been in Mallorca for the last several days. I hope there is food, etc. left in the stores when we return to Munich next week.

8 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Ironically it is believed that religious pilgrims were a major cause of the spread of the black death in the middle ages.

I posted this in the Trump thread, but it fits here, too:

5e622736182ac_5e612ca6c115e_fark_yhTdDDa

3 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

200g for a single person if you make a rice day (see appropriate recipes at well known diet).

How much? They reckon 75g is a decent portion and I do 200g for 3 people. I also cook no more than 100g of meat per person, unless it's a steak or something

So, we have Coronavirus confirmed in our Old People's Home. Only essential people allowed in - Staff and Rettungs Dienst, no other visitors. All residents have to stay on their floor and not allowed to go on other floors. Facemasks for the staff, disinfection sprays everywhere and handrails, door handles and anything else we can think of is disinfected. We're acting as if every resident has MRSA. A member of staff has been diagnosed with it. We don't know how long it's been dormant but obviously they had been working with others helping residents. All good fun.

We knew it was coming hence the contingency planning. We just didn't know when. The only issue is that we're down to our last pack of Facemasks.

More of an issue will be hospitals as the Doctors and Nurses will be on the frontline and they can't be easily replaced.

In Berlin the BBS (Berlin British School) is now closed due to one parent being Covid-positive.  His 3 kids were removed from the school and the Gesundheitamt told the school they can proceed as they prefer, keep open or close.  The school decided to close and the kids were sent home.

The BBS is the neighbor school from my kid's school and they share the yard from our school.

It is getting closer.

I think Ive read once that there are certain blood groups more prone to catching black death. So for Corona maybe its not food or age only. Yesterday 2 very much elderly people were presented from Chinese News who were discharged from hospital. If I remember correctly they were mid/late nineties. Maybe there are other factors in as well? Please dont spread I am just wondering.

Also does anybody know regarding reinfection? Once there were antibodies will someone get it a second time round?