6,155 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jeba said:

What about the changerooms? For me that´s the reason I´m wasting my gym subscription.

Are you not able to change and shower at home?

58 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

You should have cancelled way back or ask for your money back now as you were unable to use your subscription.

It´s my decision that I deem it too risky to go there, so I don´t think there is a legal basis for it. Also, it´s the only gym in all of Cyprus which has a nicely heated (to 30,5 degrees) 25 m pool which is open for the public and I don´t want it to go bankrupt and close. Most of the year the sea is too cold for my liking.

14 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Ok, your gyms made adjustments. Good for you and them. But what I saw on Wednesday was pure madness! Almost 100 people jam packed in to two rooms, no windows open, you could smell the sweat!

Going out, there were 2 staircases of people waiting for the next round!

So did you report them?

Received notification today that my district has passed 50 new cases (per 100,000 population) over the past 7 days...

13 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I fully reccomend going to the Gym during these covid times so that you probably die healthier!   

Agewise I already belong to the risk group. Should I ever have to go to a hospital I hope that my training leads to a healthy heart and lung, so my chance of surviving Covid will be higher.

50 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Received notification today that my district has passed 50 new cases (per 100,000 population) over the past 7 days...

Welcome to the club.

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

So did you report them?

Do you know where I can? And the rules for the space? Thanks!

My current assumption is that it was stupid, but legal.

This is a goos summary of rhe anti-lockdown arguments. Low deaths high recovery rate etc good arguments overall but to me the big unknown is the long haulers, why do a small number get a super nasty version of the virus. Personally I’m pretty chilled about this but living on the careful side of things till we get an answer to that.

Conrad Black: Coronavirus hysteria will soon come to an end

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-coronavirus-hysteria-will-soon-come-to-an-end/wcm/77cb9461-28e9-41d1-8bbc-a2a85fba0636/amp/

41 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

Thanks! From there I got the related ordinances:

For training and competition operations in sports facilities as well as in fitness and dance studios, a protection and hygiene concept tailored to the respective location and competition must be drawn up on the basis of a framework concept made known by the State Ministries of the Interior, for Sport and Integration and for Health and Care and to be submitted to the responsible district administrative authority upon request; this does not apply to training operations without spectators in outdoor sports facilities, provided that only separate toilet facilities (without showers and changing rooms) are opened in closed rooms.

Meaning I don't know what this means for that specific place.

4th
For competitions in closed rooms, a maximum of 100 people (competition participants and functional personnel) are admitted in addition to the spectators permitted under No. 2; Provided that all people present can be assigned to designated places or clearly demarcated areas where the minimum distance can always be maintained, a maximum of 200 people are permitted.

There were less than 100, so does not seem applicable.

I guess it is as I suspected: legal, but stupid.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

where the minimum distance can always be maintained,

That would be 1.5 meters and masks worn. Crowded together on stairs waiting to get in would already be an infringement.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

That would be 1.5 meters and masks worn. Crowded together on stairs waiting to get in would already be an infringement.

I read it as being only required if the number is above 100.

Stairs were outside the venue, doubt they are responsible for it.

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

:huh: Hadn't it been established that the virus can travel 8 metres anyway?

BTW, one more detail. The virus itself does not "fly" but can be suspended in the air with droplets or it can hang itself to particles in the air. That is why a constant flow of fresh air, or a room with a particle filtration system reduces infection. This is something the German government will do: install HEPA filtering machines in schools.

On the other hand, a place like a bouldering venue, where they heavily use that white powder, it is probably a place where the virus lingers in the air longer.

6 minutes ago, oscar 63 said:

Double vaccine dose for the fatties. simples

:o So not only are obese people far more expensive for the system to treat, they're also more expensive to vaccinate?

There is no vaccination and now you people are shitting on overweight people again even if you don't know why they are overweight. Fatties is a very derogatory term.

Shame. Shame. Shame.