6,743 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, keith2011 said:

To paraphrase one of your favourite predictions/comments: Many of those businesses would be bankrupt sooner or later anyway without the corona virus!:P

Feel free to quote that prediction/comment unless it does not exist.  ;) 

Online authenticity or lack thereof, reveals the nature of one's soul. - Rene Descartes, 1646

29 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

But how many of those would have tried to say the reason was Brexit ??!! :lol:

murphaph's Disaster Capitalists in action. 

12,519 new cases in Germany yesterday, the highest yet. Berlin, Munich, Hamburg & Cologne appear to be the worst affected areas.

Are people becoming too complacent? Have the restrictions been relaxed too soon?

12 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Are people becoming too complacent?

Yes

Have the restrictions been relaxed too soon?

Rather being sufficiently ignored

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

Are people becoming too complacent? Have the restrictions been relaxed too soon?

Yes to both. Gyms and bars should have closed again in September. I was unfortunately this week at Boulder World to pick up my kid from a birthday party and I really regret allowing him to go. The thing was packet, all windows closed, with people sweating and exaling.

Young people stopped caring about other people´s lifes, so we should stop caring about their social life. Close ALL bars, late restaurants, gyms and other places where people become complacent.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Boulder World birthday party The thing was packet, all windows closed

Beggars belief that such a place was open. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

with people sweating and exaling.

Unfortunately people do that quite a lot. Didn't anyone have masks on? :unsure:

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

Have the restrictions been relaxed too soon?

Yes in most countries this happened. Hence the second wave. The authorities seem not to care about people getting ill. It's shocking really.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Yes to both. Gyms and bars should have closed again in September.

I just returned from my gym. Only every second machine is usable and they have a limit of 180 people.

You could easily keep 2-3m distance. Only people who know each other were standing closer together and chatting.

On the bus today to town, I noticed the THREE seats to the back of the driver were sealed off. Usually, I have seen only the seat immediately behind the driver sealed off...

12 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Switzerland is the new Sweden. :rolleyes:

Near zero deaths?   Congrats and enjoy your mask-free unrestricted life. 

18 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

Switzerland has a higher mortality rate than Costa Rica...

Costa Rica    Cases 100,616   Deaths 1,251    
    Switzerland    97,019    1,867    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

Just over 18% of Switzerland's population is over 65.   Just under 9% of CR's population is over 65.  

Comparing an apple to some other fruit which is not an apple.

2 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I just returned from my gym. Only every second machine is usable and they have a limit of 180 people.

You could easily keep 2-3m distance. Only people who know each other were standing closer together and chatting.

What about the changerooms? For me that´s the reason I´m wasting my gym subscription.

Our gym has made a lot of adjustments. Reduced maximum capacity and an app to check how many are at the gym, online booking for courses only, spacing between machines and blocking off others, tape on floor of changerooms and only one person per quadrant allowed.  Masks mandatory except while working out, saunas working but with restricted numbers.

Most of the time people adhere to the rules, but I got pretty disgusted and quickly left the showers the other day, some hulking dickhead about six feet away noisily horking up phlegm and spraying hard to clean out his fucking nose.  

Ok, your gyms made adjustments. Good for you and them. But what I saw on Wednesday was pure madness! Almost 100 people jam packed in to two rooms, no windows open, you could smell the sweat!

Going out, there were 2 staircases of people waiting for the next round!

The owners sound irresponsible and if they're breaking any current measures to curb spreading the place should be shut down

1 hour ago, jeba said:

What about the changerooms? For me that´s the reason I´m wasting my gym subscription.

The same system as mentioned by silty1: " tape on floor of changerooms and only one person per quadrant allowed. "

There are labels that say according to the goverment of Baden-Württemberg "only one person per quadrant allowed."

Showering was also not a problem, sind even at normal times there were only two people in the shower area.

The training area is fairly large, so no smell. There is one large hall where they offer courses. I don't know how the situation is there.

I would assume that they only allow a certain number of participants.

11 hours ago, jeba said:

You should have cancelled way back or ask for your money back now as you were unable to use your subscription.