6,822 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lunaCH said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54498191 Second national lockdown possible, says top UK scientist. Didn't someone say a couple of weeks back that it was over? :unsure:

I did.    

That article is a perfect example of the headline and first few paragraphs leading the reader to a different conclusion than the subsequent data otherwise would.    I don't think the data support more restrictions.   

5 hours ago, balticus said:

I did.    

That article is a perfect example of the headline and first few paragraphs leading the reader to a different conclusion than the subsequent data otherwise would.    I don't think the data support more restrictions.   

You are right you did! Also it is quite clear that the UK government is promoting this latest Covid 19 hoax with such fake news simply to divert attention away from their failure to stand up to the EU in the trade talks. Dream on Balti.

30 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

They should be free, never mind sold out. Does the world not want to eradicate the virus? :angry:

Scientists,Doctors,Nurses and so on should work for free too because the world wants to eradicate the virus.

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Governments.

So us anyway ?

13 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Governments.

Ok, what stops me from constantly throwing masks away and asking for new free masks?

BTW, shoes are also mandatory on the street for health reasons and government does not pay for them.

As the article alluded to, frontline workers should get those masks first and then the general public.

Frontline workers in the US STILL don't have proper PPE. 

30 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

BTW, shoes are also mandatory on the street for health reasons

Are they ?

Honest question and something I`ve never thought about.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

BTW, shoes are also mandatory on the street for health reasons and government does not pay for them.

I just had to investigate this assertion! This is not true, although footwear may be required under the house rules of shops, businesses or other venues.

Ha! I'm having a john g. moment. This reminds me of the time early on when I took Himself into a grocery store in South Carolina and two big, fat dudes came in with no shoes or shirts and bought a case of beer.

These days, they actually have to have signs on the doors that say shirts and shoes are required. (Guns are allowed)

27 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

...when I took Himself into a grocery store in South Carolina and two big, fat dudes came in with no shoes or shirts...

Did you receive compensatory damages from the store, because of this ordeal you and your husband had to go through? I mean these disturbing images must have remained for a long time.

29 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Did you receive compensatory damages from the store, because of this ordeal you and your husband had to go through? I mean these disturbing images must have remained for a long time.

I was used to it. The look on Himself's face was priceless!

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Ok, what stops me from constantly throwing masks away and asking for new free masks?

Not sure, there'd need to be a proper system in place to prevent this from happening. Tricky.

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

So not free.

Free - as in distributed by the government free of charge. Naturally financed in the end by the users via taxes yes. But then people who can't afford them wouldn't be without - which is important to stop the virus from spreading and keeping people safe. It can't be that we end up with a situation that corona continues to spread because of poverty. :)

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Ha! I'm having a john g. moment. This reminds me of the time early on when I took Himself into a grocery store in South Carolina and two big, fat dudes came in with no shoes or shirts and bought a case of beer.

These days, they actually have to have signs on the doors that say shirts and shoes are required. (Guns are allowed)

On the Florida Keys, we actually have signs in stores saying:

"No shoes?

No shirt?

No problem, come in!"

:D :D