6,148 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It seems like the infection and death numbers are all that matters any more. What about the thousands of long haulers who have "recovered" but are still debilitated months after with no signs of ever getting better. Sometimes, the things that almost kill you don't make you better.

It depends on whether you are concerned about people or not (and more concerned about trying to score point on an internet forum).

50 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It seems like the infection and death numbers are all that matters any more. What about the thousands of long haulers who have "recovered" but are still debilitated months after with no signs of ever getting better. Sometimes, the things that almost kill you don't make you better.

23 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

It depends on whether you are concerned about people or not (and more concerned about trying to score point on an internet forum).

The new infection and death numbers will also be an indicator to how many new cases of "long covid" there may be, I would not say it is about scoring points or not caring about people.  It is  about opinions of how it is effecting everyone and what to do about it!

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

That would depend on what the governments do.  If they call for a quarantine then he will cry about how quarantine kills the economy.   If they do not call for a quarantine and the infections and deaths escalate he will criticize how the government did nothing to stop it.

My view has been similar to that of Sweden's Chief Epidemiologist for months.  I have been unequivocal that things should be less restricted.

The restrictions have exacerbated problems like

1. lack of diagnostic medical visits which are opportunities to discover problems like cancer, high blood pressure, etc.

2. drug and alcohol abuse

3. anxiety

4. domestic abuse

5. suicide

6. dental health

7. food insecurity

8. deficiencies in education

9. inequality

as well as the economy.   Focusing on COVID at the expense of other health and social problems has been a disaster.

It is important to see the big picture rather than making fear driven imbalanced decisions.  

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Many people just seem oblivious to the possible long term effects - you either survive or you don't. Period.

It's all about making *current* statistics look good. If the survivors of the so-called "herd immunity" are crippled afterwards, why, society or in a pinch the Church will handle that, won't they? :(

/s

9 minutes ago, Metall said:

It's all about making *current* statistics look good.

Who is trying to do that? I can't see anything looking good certainly not in Europe or America!

4 hours ago, Metall said:

Basically, the Fake Estonian is constantly trying to bait Toytown regulars to answer him and pay him attention, by any means possible.
Don't let him do that to you.
#disengage

I´ve blocked him since a few days, was getting extenuating.

13 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I´ve blocked him since a few days, was getting extenuating.

Your predictions have been wrong and you don't have the integrity to admit it. 

Anyone who searches on #MelgaPrediction can see for themselves.    Not only that, but you belittled the intelligence of your intellectual betters.  

Noblesse oblige.   :lol:

6 minutes ago, balticus said:

Your predictions have been wrong and you don't have the integrity to admit it. 

Anyone who searches on #MelgaPrediction can see for themselves.    Not only that, but you belittled the intelligence of your intellectual betters.  

Noblesse oblige.   :lol:

I suggest that those comments would be much more appropriately applied to yourself! :P

2 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I suggest that those comments would be much more appropriately applied to yourself! :P

Search on #BalticusPredictions or apply the hashtag when you respond to one of my posts you find unlikely to happen.  ;)

And as previously mentioned, don't waste your time on the TT energy vampires.

11 minutes ago, balticus said:

Search on #BalticusPredictions or apply the hashtag when you respond to one of my posts you find unlikely to happen.  ;)

What would be the point, you contest anything that does not match your opinions even in the face of overwhelming data to the contrary. Either that or you would change the subject somewhat in an attempt to defer the focus away from your false assumptions. <_<

10 minutes ago, Metall said:

And as previously mentioned, don't waste your time on the TT energy vampires.

I have energy to spare and rest assured I will not let, what is in my opinion,  nonsense and BS posted here go uncontested or ignored.

RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tests positive for coronavirus

Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an RNC spokeman announced Friday.

"After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the Chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon, she got confirmation she was COVID-19 positive. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday," RNC spokesman Mike Reed said in a statement.

7 hours ago, balticus said:

When the data show a rapid rise in deaths i will become concerned.  You can see from the current data that deaths have not risen with case counts which might suggest that the virus is weaker or the many of the most vulnerable have already succumbed to the virus.

Data rather than narrative driven provides a better picture and less political distortion. 

If i remember correctly some of the people on here have been predicting a rise in death counts comparable to the rise in cases, but with a two week lag.    It has not happened.   When that fails, the goalposts can be moved to the fear of the unknown zone by raising concerns about possible non-lethal side effects of the virus.   

Fear! Fear! Fear!

I´ve told you before and I´m telling you again: there are people who are more worried about suffering than death. I´m one of them. So stop reasoning as if only the death count was an indication of thr risk.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I´ve told you before and I´m telling you again: there are people who are more worried about suffering than death. I´m one of them. So stop reasoning as if only the death count was an indication of thr risk.

Understood.   

Please acknowledge that the non-COVID health and social problems arising from lockdown are more profound than COVID.

5 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I have energy to spare and rest assured I will not let, what is in my opinion,  nonsense and BS posted here go uncontested or ignored.

This is *exactly* what he wants, or rather they want.

Please consider that most working, non-retired people don't have the time and resources to post the sheer volume of BS (including digging far, far backing in posting histories of TTers and keeping records in their personal information).

This is not a real person.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Many people just seem oblivious to the possible long term effects - you either survive or you don't. Period.

This is what concerns me too, not getting Covid-19 itself, but the effect it may have on my health if I do get it.  I now know of 3 people here who have had Covid-19, all mild cases and all recovered. However, one has been left with blisters on her lungs which her doctors are unsure how to deal with. The other two, who had it back in April/May, still don’t have any sense of taste or smell.  Not life-threatening side effects by any means, but unpleasant and something I’d rather avoid by taking precautions.

@sarabyrd and her older brother, both in their 60s, had the virus. Both of them still have sequelae but are leading normal lives. I thought I didn't have to worry about my kids getting communicable diseases anymore - boy, was I wrong!