6,148 posts in this topic

This shit is very depressing, specially because it would have been easy to avoid: Less of the Dolce Vita (Oberbayern is very italian in that regard), much less private parties and much less vacations abroad for no good reason except "it's my God given right to go to Croatia or Süd-Tirol, damnit". 

10 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

This shit is very depressing, specially because it would have been easy to avoid: Less of the Dolce Vita (Oberbayern is very italian in that regard), much less private parties and much less vacations abroad for no good reason except "it's my God given right to go to Croatia or Süd-Tirol, damnit". 

It's important to emphasise that it's the club 18-30's people that have largely been responsible for bringing back the virus from their holidays, since it was their intention to f*ck everyone, share drinks, cigarettes, drugs and be constantly out of their minds. A TV interview sticks in my mind where a 30 year old woman said: "we have a right to have a good time, since we won't be the ones to pass the virus on to the vulnerable." Neither interviewer or I understood what the f*ck that was supposed to mean.

The majority of family holiday makers would be very happy to have kept 10 m distancing from others if possible.

1 minute ago, dom said:

It's important to emphasise that it's the club 18-30's people that have largely been responsible for bringing back the virus from their holidays, since it was their intention to f*ck everyone, share drinks, cigarettes, drugs and be constantly out of their minds. A TV interview sticks in my mind where a 30 year old woman said: "we have a right to have a good time, since we won't be the ones to pass the virus on to the vulnerable." Neither interviewer or I understood what the f*ck that was supposed to mean.

The majority of family holiday makers would be very happy to have kept 10 m distancing from others if possible.

You're right.

Today I passed by a fahrschule car. Both the driver and instructor had the masks on their chins. Seriously, wtf?

I also noticed something this week: half the employees at Simmel were now using face shields instead of masks. I though this was not an acceptable replacement!

5 hours ago, dom said:

Sounds like my youth.. maybe yours?😂

At our beach a couple of months ago— an elderly couple, Greeks , sat at a distance to each other on the beach.  2 meter stuff. They were a bit cross when we walked past them at a distance.

Then they got into their car and put their masks on. Totally paranoid.

And then they drove home.. and then? Did they sleep in the same bed? Jeez..

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

And then they drove home.. and then? Did they sleep in the same bed? Jeez..

Again... Non of your buisness...

The thing being, why sit 2m apart, then go and get in the same car and go home together? Pointless.

The schoolkids get much whinging in town for being in groups, but they are squished into classrooms absolutely as pre-corona times, so what's the point in then carefully spacing when they are off the school property? I can see where they're coming from.

Mine are a bit more paranoid, for which I am grateful, but schools and especially the buses to get them there are a real weak point. 

Yesterday I received the  news that a child in our kindergarten tested positive and that his group + family + teachers are in quarantine. Thanks to the separation in groups the kindergarten is still open, now I'm anxious to know 1) how many (if at all) other children in the group and respective families got infected 2) how well does the separation in groups work. The familiies in quarantine are mostly neighbours of ours.

8 hours ago, kiplette said:

The thing being, why sit 2m apart, then go and get in the same car and go home together? Pointless.

They were at the beach with no masks and sitting 2m from each other.  They went into the car wearing masks.  Not pointless.

33 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

Yesterday I received the  news that a child in our kindergarten tested positive and that his group + family + teachers are in quarantine. Thanks to the separation in groups the kindergarten is still open, now I'm anxious to know 1) how many (if at all) other children in the group and respective families got infected 2) how well does the separation in groups work. The familiies in quarantine are mostly neighbours of ours.

I guess that the corona laws are there to reduce risk of r>1 in order to keep hospitalisations within the scope of healthcare system capacity.

No point discussing how weird the rules are...they will never be 100% without banning everyone from leaving their house.

36 minutes ago, Krieg said:

They were at the beach with no masks and sitting 2m from each other.  They went into the car wearing masks.  Not pointless.

The point is- a couple, living together 24 hours a day - are they expected to keep social distancing  from each other and  wear masks at home all the time? It is absurd. They weren‘t social distancing when they got into their car.

Many of the roolz are absurd. And pointless. We are failing miserably, as usual, to manage ourselves in large numbers. They were going through the motions to avoid questions from people who may not understand their status with regard to one another. Or maybe they thought they were setting an example to dogs and children?

1 minute ago, john g. said:

The point is- a couple, living together 24 hours a day - are they expected to keep social distancing  from each other and  wear masks at home all the time? It is absurd. They weren‘t social distancing when they got into their car.

You don't know their reality, so why judging?   For example, my wife is asthmatic, in these days at the first sign of cold symptoms I or the kids will start some sort of distancing from her.

My neighbors are 60+ and 70+, the husband has been fighting cancer for like 8 years, had a couple of heart attacks and it is in general very weak.    I see them here and there distancing from each other and wearing masks but not always, so to me it is clear they are doing it for a reason.  

Covid-19: New fear grips Europe as cases top 30m worldwide

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases across the globe has surpassed 30 million, according to figures by America's Johns Hopkins University.

More than 940,000 have died with Covid-19 since the outbreak began in China late last year.

The US, India and Brazil have the most confirmed cases, but there is a renewed spike in infections across Europe.

Many northern hemisphere countries are now bracing for a second wave of the pandemic as winter approaches.

4 hours ago, mtbiking said:

In the Kita my daughter works (she's the housekeeper there) there was also a similar case a few weeks ago. First the mother, then the child was tested positive. No other children were infected. The whole group including the Erzieherinnen had to quarantine. The kitas employ Corona-Kindergarten-Helfer. My daughter was approached whether she would would add an extra hour with more pay to fill this job, which she accepted. As the housekeeper she is already responsible for hygiene etc. In addition she now collects the kids from their groups when the parents come to collect them. The parents have to stay outside while she brings each child separately to the door. 

https://www.land.nrw/de/pressemitteilung/ichhelfemit-land-foerdert-kita-helfer-zur-entlastung-der-erzieherinnen-und-erzieher

5 hours ago, Krieg said:

- they may also not have been a couple, just friends enjoying an afternoon at the beach and one giving the other a lift home, I guess - you are right, we really don't know their circumstances.

I find myself increasingly irritated by both extremes at the moment, which I suppose is a form of Corona fatigue in itself - the friend who constantly washes her hands now, even during her normal day at home, which is now damaging her skin, and on the other hand the Garden friend who last week refused to wear a mask and kept invading our personal space - whilst commenting how simplistic people are being about the rules. Gaah. I had hoped my days of backing off from Germans with their ignorance of personal space were over.

2 hours ago, kiplette said:

- they may also not have been a couple, just friends enjoying an afternoon at the beach and one giving the other a lift home, I guess - you are right, we really don't know their circumstances.

I find myself increasingly irritated by both extremes at the moment, which I suppose is a form of Corona fatigue in itself - the friend who constantly washes her hands now, even during her normal day at home, which is now damaging her skin, and on the other hand the Garden friend who last week refused to wear a mask and kept invading our personal space - whilst commenting how simplistic people are being about the rules. Gaah. I had hoped my days of backing off from Germans with their ignorance of personal space were over.

Anger and paranoia become easy during this  pandemic.  AS you say, we never know the background story, and I like to keep my aura calm!

I believe that as long as most are wearing masks, there is considerable protection.