5,387 posts in this topic

The world is truly in a mess, BethAnnBitt, and no sign of “ normal life “ really on the cards. This is really horrifying.😩

8 hours ago, balticus said:

No diff between Finland (which shut schools) and Sweden (which didn't).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-schools-idUSKCN24G2IS

THEY DID NO FUCKING TEST ON CHILDREN! As your friend Trump says, if you don´t test, you don´t have a problem!

Sweden would look GREAT in any stats, if you could hide the death. Because all other stats can be cheated.

20 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

THEY DID NO FUCKING TEST ON CHILDREN! As your friend Trump says, if you don´t test, you don´t have a problem!

Sweden would look GREAT in any stats, if you could hide the death. Because all other stats can be cheated.

It was a joint statement from both governments and has nothing to do with Trump.

Stop trying to discredit science, Mike.  Swearing and anger do not help if you married your position.   

Admit you were wrong now.  It only gets more painful for you from here.   

🤪

39 minutes ago, john g. said:

The world is truly in a mess, BethAnnBitt, and no sign of “ normal life “ really on the cards. This is really horrifying.😩

Good evening John.

Outside of a monetary reset which will happen in the next 10-15 years, we live in the best time in history to be alive.

I am open to the possibility that I am not always right.   😂

6 minutes ago, balticus said:

It was a joint statement from both governments and has nothing to do with Trump.

Stop trying to discredit science, Mike.  Swearing and anger do not help if you married your position.   

Admit you were wrong now.  It only gets more painful for you from here.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:COVID-19_testing_by_country

Sweden tested almost half of what Finland did, per million. That alone makes your post wrong.

I love positive thinking, balticus!👍🏼😂

( sort of hoping one day my daughter will change her mind/ lifestyle and say “ get your arse over here- you’re a granddad!”💋😂)

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:COVID-19_testing_by_country

Sweden tested almost half of what Finland did, per million. That alone makes your post wrong.

Why would the Finnish government sign off on the study?

After a certain number of samples what is the change in variance?

🤪

Trust the data and reject the apocalyptic narrative.

😎

16 minutes ago, john g. said:

I love positive thinking, balticus!👍🏼😂

( sort of hoping one day my daughter will change her mind/ lifestyle and say “ get your arse over here- you’re a granddad!”💋😂)

If I come across a good biological clock craftsman, I'll let you know.   😉

She’s young, balticus! Just doing her thing brilliantly career- wise! I am proud of her! And if she decides she wants to have a child, good for her! If not- ah well, must put my egoism to one side!

I just can’t help feeling a grandchild with my ( 40 years ago looks😂) would be SO beautiful!

Mind you, her mum wasn’t bad looking, either!💋

Just joking.. I looked better 45 years ago.. but I am not a mathematician...

4 hours ago, balticus said:

If I come across a good biological clock craftsman, I'll let you know.   😉

Nice line, @balticus.

16 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It is absolutely amazing to me that anyone would go on a cruise ship right now.  But people are and , 😏 , it's spreading yet another set of infections.  🤦‍♀️

Coronavirus: Dozens test positive for Covid-19 on Norwegian cruise ship

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53636854

We biked along the Isar last week and to our horror, the banks weren't dotted with people. They looked like a Jackson Pollock canvas of people. Most without masks. Ugh.

Last Friday I finally caved into my kid's request and took her to the only book-able Freibad. Could have been the single most reckless thing Ive ever done as a parent. I dont know what SWM means when they say they monitor the number of people let into Freibads. Except for the rather deceiving line at the entrance and the constant red booking blocks on their website, the place was just as crowded as it was on the Isar. Most people didn't bother (or couldn't be bothered) to wear masks in the mandated areas.

If coronavirus does not turn out to a hoax like what those Berliner protesters claim it to be, then dear people, brace yourself for another round of lockdown. :wacko:

If coronavirus does not turn out to a hoax...

Idiots.

18 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It is absolutely amazing to me that anyone would go on a cruise ship right now.

Idiots.

They deserve everything they get. The novel corona virus is no longer novel at all.

2 hours ago, mendaki said:

Could have been the single most reckless thing I've ever done as a parent.

Indeed.

A study is apparently being conducted in Kiel into the long-term effects of Covid19. Although it seems to have started a few months ago, from the study's website (https://www.covid19trial.de/), it looks as if volunteers are still welcome.

„Pathologen dokumentierten ein Schlachtfeld, eine gewaltige Wunde“

Landmark study launched on COVID-19's long-term impact on the body

Uniklinikum startet Studie zur Ernährung von Corona-Kranken

The root of the problem is that people in general attach human attributes to the virus & believe you can protest against it & thus force the virus to give up.

The same effect can be seen with people living close to known dangerous volcanoes!