4,984 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Care to share the name of this "pub"? Because AFAIK all pubs and bars in Berlin are still closed. Restaurants aren't allowed to offer bar seating, either.

I don't live in Berlin. My profile says I does but that's only because the city I actually live in isn't listed.

9 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Well, he definitely said on March 23rd that deaths from COVID-19 would slow within the next week.

It was on March 23, and he "within the next weeks".   The US, UK, and Israel (the countries for which he has citizenship) turned the corner on or before the week of April 27

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Herd immunity fool. Makes absolutely no sense. The "Nobel" is just argument from authority, despite his Nobel prize being unrelated.

If you read his arguments, you would see that it isn't the case.   Given that his predictions have been accurate, his career heavy in achievements and his expertise deriving from complex mathematical and statistical models, it is worth entertaining his ideas. 

@El Jeffo: Amazing how all the leftists who support the right to an abortion (up to birth in two states in the US now - yuck!) suddenly care so much about human life in response to the coronavirus. They're also the first to shout "racism!" at anyone who suggests stricter border/immigration controls in response to terror attacks even though they know that these could save lives. The mind boggles!

5 hours ago, GerardB said:

I don't live in Berlin. My profile says I does but that's only because the city I actually live in isn't listed.

What else have you lied about? 

33 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Everything, I reckon.

47 minutes ago, GerardB said:

up to birth in two states in the US now - yuck!

Name them, liar.

And we "leftists" tend to shout "racist" at racists, just like non-"leftists". For some reason, racists don't like that. It's almost as if they think they're being subtle enough that people won't notice that they're racist. Because most people don't like racists.

10 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Everything, I reckon.

Name them, liar.

And we "leftists" tend to shout "racist" at racists, just like non-"leftists". For some reason, racists don't like that. It's almost as if they think they're being subtle enough that people won't notice that they're racist. Because most people don't like racists.

Well, with some people it's so baked in it's like the joke about the fish. One fish says, "The water is nice today." And the other fish says, "What's water?"

I thought it was 8 states. 

It is still an absolute irrelevance and deflection and not what the thread is discussing. An attempt to somehow correlate deaths of unborn children with deaths of elderly neighbours is at best unhelpful. Life is full of bizarre contradictions.

3 hours ago, GerardB said:

Amazing how all the leftists who support the right to an abortion (up to birth in two states in the US now - yuck!) suddenly care so much about human life in response to the coronavirus.

So if you support abortion you must be a leftist ?

Anyway ig you keep bringing abortion up in this thread you`ll end up getting your posts deleted and the thread closed.

It has absolutely no relevance in this thread.

3 hours ago, GerardB said:

. They're also the first to shout "racism!" at anyone who suggests stricter border/immigration controls in response to terror attacks even though they know that these could save lives. 

Hmm which terrorists actually came into the country from those countries to commit the attacks.

I`m not sure what stricter border controls have been called for in Germany so I assume you`re talking about the USA ?

If so when you implement stricter border controls then why the fuck would you implement those controls on many countries except for the country where the terrorist actually came from ?

Also how many terrorists have actually come from a foreign country rather than being born and bred Americans (oh white ones as well).

6 hours ago, balticus said:

It was on March 23, and he "within the next weeks".   The US, UK, and Israel (the countries for which he has citizenship) turned the corner on or before the week of April 27

If you read his arguments, you would see that it isn't the case.   Given that his predictions have been accurate, his career heavy in achievements and his expertise deriving from complex mathematical and statistical models, it is worth entertaining his ideas. 

I could even agree with you, but numbers from Norway and Finland show the complete opposite. Hard crash with reality.

5 minutes ago, gaberlunzi said:

What you ever you wanted to know about this subject. No need to read the article, blahbhahbahbha zerohedge blahblahblah

I propose that whoever posts ZeroHedge links gets banned for a week and has the respective post removed.

39 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I propose that whoever posts ZeroHedge links gets banned for a week and has the respective post removed.

and what drives your interest in this matter? If it is pure science, fork it over.

Or are you just one of them houlier than thou defenders of nothing?

At least Zero hedge gives their readers the opportunity to be heard without sanctions.

Not all people can be as smart as you think you are.

6 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I could even agree with you, but numbers from Norway and Finland show the complete opposite. Hard crash with reality.

Norway and Finland turned the corner earlier.   What do you mean by "the complete opposite"?

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 06.52.41.png

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 06.53.25.png

6 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Seems authoritarian.   

11 hours ago, engelchen said:

What is he supposed to do if your location isn´t available in the dropdon menu to choose from. I´ve done the same and given Greece as place of residence because Cyprus isn´t available. Does that make me a lier?

Back to topic: Cyprus (whic had a much harder lockdown than Germany - you needed permission by sms to leave the house)  was already down to zero new cases when a single repatriation flight brought in 7 new passengers from the UK who tested positive. Maybe it´s still too early to reopen borders?

10 minutes ago, jeba said:

Cyprus (whic had a much harder lockdown than Germany - you needed permission by sms to leave the house) 

SMS is all well and good, but what did the older people do, who don´t own a mobile phone?

- thanks for the reply - was curious!