4,846 posts in this topic

Well, we are going to one of our favourite eateries on Monday, when they finally open up. All seating is outside anyway and even at normal times the tables are at least two metres apart.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out and which safety measures they have in place. 
We are not afraid.

Wednesday : Had coffee at a canalside cafe in Kiel - needed to fill in all contact details.

Friday : Pizza outside at a restaurant in Kiel - again needed to fill in all contact details.

Tip of the day : 
I'm going to order some tiny sticky labels with contact details, as I don't think

anyone can read my scrawl. Makes it easier all round...

In the meantime, the surrealist and incompetent Spanish government keeps putting out these "pearls".

https://sol.sapo.pt/artigo/697396/vice-presidente-do-governo-espanhol-explica-contagio-com-o-facto-de-madrid-estar-em-linha-reta-com-nova-iorque

Here is a short translation:

Vice-President of the Spanish Government explains contagion with the fact that Madrid is "in a straight line" with New York, Beijin, Teeran...

This is hilarious in several ways, including it bypasses all cities in the middle and somehow discovers that the earth is flat...

While this idiot thinks this is a latitude problem, her colleague in government said it's a longitude problem 2 weeks ago:

In Portugal [the virus] stopped earlier. It came from the east and they are a little further west and so they were able to stop just before

All this trying to justify why their virus response was so bad. Why don't they focus on the regional healthcare system vs centralized? Or their 2 week delay on imposing the lockdown? I really think the Portuguese politicians are mostly a piece of shit, but somehow the spanish politicians seem to be on a complete different level!

33 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

Wednesday : Had coffee at a canalside cafe in Kiel - needed to fill in all contact details.

Friday : Pizza outside at a restaurant in Kiel - again needed to fill in all contact details.

Tip of the day : 
I'm going to order some tiny sticky labels with contact details, as I don't think

anyone can read my scrawl. Makes it easier all round...

My tip of the day is to bring your own pen!

24 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Just a little anecdata about how the relaxing of restrictions on gatherings is going in Germany (links are in German):

I knew it all along this proves that going to church is much worse for your health than going to a restaurant!^_^

1 hour ago, john g. said:

We are not afraid.

It's not all about being afraid, it's also about not wanting to risk other people (who didn't even dine out) having to quarantine because of me risking it and only because I had been in contact with them before and after. Apart from that there's also the risk of another lockdown being enforced because of carelessness. 

Quite right, bramble! We will not be reckless. The 2 metre rule will still apply and we won’t be moving around and hugging friends there as in “ the old days.”

I am curious  to see what exactly will be different, apart from the seating arrangements.

1 hour ago, bramble said:

It's not all about being afraid, it's also about not wanting to risk other people (who didn't even dine out) having to quarantine because of me risking it and only because I had been in contact with them before and after. Apart from that there's also the risk of another lockdown being enforced because of carelessness. 

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

Quite right, bramble! We will not be reckless. The 2 metre rule will still apply and we won’t be moving around and hugging friends there as in “ the old days.”

I am curious  to see what exactly will be different, apart from the seating arrangements.

Good skills you two. We all must stay alert. And this message must be be repeated as the tendency is for people to let their guard down. 

On 5/12/2020, 9:21:22, Wulfrun said:

Soooo, Boris's pre-recorded (in order to avoid awkward questions) message to 'the people' basically said "Waffle, waffle, waffle, more waffle, stay alert"

Alert for WHAT? Huge Covid-19 balls falling from the sky?

...and people actually voted for the cretin!

Of course the terminally stupid will never get it but the message must be repeated. 

43 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Of course the terminally stupid will never get it but the message must be repeated. 

Speaking of...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-dominic-cummings-says-260-mile-trip-during-lockdown-was-right-thing-11993298

Now comes the excuse from Cabinet members..

"Cabinet ministers have rallied round Mr Cummings on social media, with Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove tweeting: "Caring for your wife and child is not a crime." "

All the cabinet members have tweeted roughly the same scripted words.

Now let me ask anyone here who supports Cummings in this...

Was it right for him to ban people going to funerals ?

Was it right for him to ban people visiting dying relatives ?

Was it right for him to ban people visiting relatives with Corona ?

Yes it was.

Now ask yourself why it is right for him to be able to do those things ?

5 hours ago, bramble said:

Here are the rules for your area, which are the same as everywhere else:

https://www.konstanz.de/service/pressereferat/pressemitteilungen/regeln+fuer+speisewirtschaften

Thank you @bramble.  Here are my experiences during the last 24 hours: Last night three musicians stood directly next to each other while singing and playing in the garden at my 86 year old friend's senior citizen Wohnungen.  :o  Later we went out to dinner where I felt safe, but we were not registered.  <_<  This morning I got my first haircut since January.  My Friseurin runs a solo shop, and we each had mask and I filled out a contact form.  :)  Then I stopped at a bakery and the worker didn't have a mask even though the customers did.  <_<  Then I went into my local corner cafe for a takeout order, and they were registering a guest who ordered and was going to sit inside.  :)  But the majority of guests were sitting outside and I really don't know if they were registered. This makes me wonder if it's not being done with outside guests.  <_<  Finally, in the early afternoon I accompanied my 86 year old friend to Edeka and the checkout girl had the mask under her nose.  :o  It's a confusing world out there.  :wacko:

13 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Thank you @bramble.  Here are my experiences during the last 24 hours: Last night three musicians stood directly next to each other while singing and playing in the garden at my 86 year old friend's senior citizen Wohnungen.  :o  Later we went out to dinner where I felt safe, but we were not registered.  <_<  This morning I got my first haircut since January.  My Friseurin runs a solo shop, and we each had mask and I filled out a contact form.  :)  Then I stopped at a bakery and the worker didn't have a mask even though the customers did.  <_<  Then I went into my local corner cafe for a takeout order, and they were registering a guest who ordered and was going to sit inside.  :)  But the majority of guests were sitting outside and I really don't know if they were registered. This makes me wonder if it's not being done with outside guests.  <_<  Finally, in the early afternoon I accompanied my 86 year old friend to Edeka and the checkout girl had the mask under her nose.  :o  It's a confusing world out there.  :wacko:

Are you trying to get corona or what? :D

My God, so many scared people with authoritarian tendencies posting here! How long more do you all want to live in this dystopian, unnatural, inhumane way?

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Now let me ask anyone here who supports Cummings in this...

I don't support Cummings in this so I'm out. 

But good questions! 

12 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Are you trying to get corona or what? :D

:D  Yeah, I hear you!  We have been very conscientious about following the rules since the shit hit the fan in early March, and many others have not.  And now it seems that with the loosening of restrictions even more people will just get back to business as usual, which may not end well.  :mellow:  Glad I got my haircut today. :D

33 minutes ago, GerardB said:

My God, so many scared people with authoritarian tendencies posting here! How long more do you all want to live in this dystopian, unnatural, inhumane way?

Do calm down. It's frustrating for everyone, but the more we hang on in, stay at home and keep our distance from others, the sooner we'll be able to return to something like normal life. 

There's legitimate concern about civil liberties, but this has to be balanced against the danger to health. There's no easy solution, unless you believe it's all "fake news" like some of the Wutbürger out there. 

6ebc28cd-21c8-4b46-9826-0ebda8c3b4f0.jpg

@john_b: Demonising those who have the guts to take to the streets to defend our civil liberties is wrong. But the government itself and the opinion-shapers in the media are doing it, so I suppose it's not too surprising that the general public will follow suit.

1 hour ago, GerardB said:

I don't know who you are referring to in this post, but it clearly shouldn't be me.  :lol:  I was and will forever be the 70s "Question Authority" kid, which at times was a bit embarrassing for my mom the HS teacher.  :D  People here have been discussing how to keep themselves and others safe during a pandemic.  :)That does not mean they have authoritarian tendencies!  It just means they aren't idiots.