4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, dom said:

I'm sure we'll hear about REctally Administered UV-Radiation, or REAR, from Balti very soon... probably pre-published, i.e. straight from the horse's arse! :lol::lol:

This is as ridiculous as the moderator removing the post with a link to Nature.  

Dom, some British guy on the highly reputable Toytown Germany forum who is fixated on rectums, thinks that NYU Professors of Medicine are on the wrong track.   

Somebody alert the media.   

15 hours ago, balticus said:

Dom, some British guy on the highly reputable Toytown Germany forum who is fixated on rectums, thinks that NYU Professors of Medicine are on the wrong track.

Balti, let me help you out here:

Dom, some reputable guy on the British Toytown Germany forum, thinks that NYU Professors of Medicine who are highly fixated on rectums is on the wrong track.

Better? ;)

2 hours ago, dom said:

Dom, some reputable guy on the British Toytown Germany forum,

time for me to update my profile.   :lol:

Good news from the Netherlands: number of Corona patients on IC went down from the top 1250 to 275 today. Number of deaths per day went down to low 2-digits.

9 hours ago, balticus said:

time for me to update my profile.   :lol:

Just had a look at your profile. It is all in there anyway- no need to update!😂

Corona UK lockdown timetable was much too slow. The original report is behind a paywall, but the essential findings are summarised here:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/earlier-lockdown-could-have-prevented-three-quarters-of-uk-coronavirus-deaths-modelling-suggests/

Of course TT's Johnson clone(s) will go into full tantrum mode, behaviour meant to distract from the sheer incompetence on display. Note that the piece originally appeared in the Torygraph, not the Guardian...chickens coming home to roost, Prime Minister?

Devastating news for the Sweden approach:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/just-7-per-cent-of-stockholm-had-covid-19-antibodies-by-end-of-april-study-sweden-coronavirus

Only 7% developed antibodies in the hardest hit area of the country, which are not even proven to be long lasting nor effective.

Now I can safely call them IDIOTS!

This means they are NOT better protected for a second wave, this was just pure incompetence!

On the positive side, a steady drop in deaths per day during this week. Shame that at this rate more than 5000 people will die, probably 4500 unnecessarily.

This is before we talk about survivors with permanent damage to their lungs, circulatory system, brain, etc.

2 hours ago, john_b said:

Corona UK lockdown timetable was much too slow. The original report is behind a paywall, but the essential findings are summarised here:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/earlier-lockdown-could-have-prevented-three-quarters-of-uk-coronavirus-deaths-modelling-suggests/

Of course TT's Johnson clone(s) will go into full tantrum mode, behaviour meant to distract from the sheer incompetence on display. Note that the piece originally appeared in the Torygraph, not the Guardian...chickens coming home to roost, Prime Minister?

Not following the science....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice

All lockdowns need to be ended as quickly as possible. The damage done to the economy and the limitations of people's freedoms just aren't worth it. If people are afraid of being infected, they can always stay at home - voluntarily and not because their authoritarian governments have told them to.

Hope you are working in health care. Because then we would have an obvious volunteer working with Corona patients when we run out of masks and other stuff. You can just go on working without mask since you are not afraid. Go volunteer in a hospital.

@Wherearewegoingto: Aren't you at all worried about the fact that our freedoms have been taken away from us? Does anyone care any more about democracy and liberty?

Just now, Wherearewegoingto said:

Which freedom exactly are you missing? Please specify. 

The ones the AfD,Right Wing,Facebook,Zerohedge´etc tells us we`re being robbed of.

4 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Which freedom exactly are you missing? Please specify. 

Dine out. :D

27 minutes ago, GerardB said:

All lockdowns need to be ended as quickly as possible. The damage done to the economy and the limitations of people's freedoms just aren't worth it. If people are afraid of being infected, they can always stay at home - voluntarily and not because their authoritarian governments have told them to.

That's now how freedoms work.  If they like you suggest then all the freedom fighters like you will go out and spread the virus everywhere and people who prefer to stat at home wouldn't be able to go to she supermarket without risking their life.

And anyway, in Germany there were never a real lockdown, do not exaggerate.   You were always able to go out.   Maybe you lost your "right" to go to the hairdresser for 6 weeks.  Big deal.

Bacalhau dourado, Mike!

Not that that is available at our local taverna! They do local snails, though! ( which means I am grateful for the lockout!😂)