10,045 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

And you might wonder why that up and down is in periods of one week.   I have no idea of course, but I just wonder if the swed-virus does not work during the weekends.

You can model the seasonality out of the data and still see the trend.   No problem.  

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

Have also read the comments under the article (many of the posters and those marking the posts up and down seem to be pro-Brexit/anti-EU) and this one in particular (comment No 27) has me even more worried. Although I have no knowledge of economics, I have already been worrying about the possibility of the banks collapsing and/or the euro collapsing and/or the EU collapsing:

Yep. The inept EU treatment of member states has led to this. The banks are about to collapse under the weight of their own dirty money. 

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

This is not a liquidity crisis.

Banks can borrow from the ECB at close to 0%. In some cases the ECB will actually give banks money for borrowing.

No it won't. The German justice dept has met today to refuse help from the ECB.

36 minutes ago, jeba said:

Because they refused to use the test which was made availble on 16 Jan by Drosten´s lab (btw. free of license fees) and approved by the WHO and decided to rather devekop their own. Just as the UK (btw. today Boris announced in Parliament that they aim at achieving testing capacity of 200000/week).

Yeah, like Trump´s.

Untrue. Trump did not declare martial law. All the draconian lockdown is in blue states such as Michigan. And the WHO is a deeply corrupt org. Look WHO is in charge, this Tedros guy:

24 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

"Feeding my kids is not selfish" 

What did the judge decide, jeremy?

I can understand the woman’s position if there is no system in place to stop her kids from going hungry. 

Erst kommt das Fressen, dann kommt die Moral. 
If people are desperate, people don’t think so much about the rules. That is how it is.

47 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Untrue. Trump did not declare martial law. All the draconian lockdown is in blue states such as Michigan. And the WHO is a deeply corrupt org. Look WHO is in charge, this Tedros guy:

What of what I wrote is untrue? Neither the US nor the UK are using the test developed in Germany but rather wanted to develop their own tests. What does that have to do with Trump declaring martial law or not?

46 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@jeremytwo off-topic (sorta), but Michigan is generally regarded as a swing state. /off-topic

So, sort of bi-sexual.. swings both ways?🙈😂

27 minutes ago, john g. said:

So, sort of bi-sexual.. swings both ways?🙈😂

John, they have this Governor Gretchen Whitmer who is an utter tyrant. Check out Toobs on her. She makes Thatch look lovely!

I don’t disbelieve you, jeremy, but I can’t spend all my time checking out American politicians. The state of the world gives me the creeps. Currently, puppy Mandy is on heat and a youngish dog wants to hump her.. is hanging around outside the patio the whole time and follows us every time we go out! Non- stop vigilance. More social distancing for dogs! Thoughts for a post on TT🙏🏻😂

35 minutes ago, john g. said:

So what happened to her kids those 7 days?

John, the left think people who don't want vaccines are "anti-vaxxers" but that simply isn't true. There have been zero safety tests on these vaccinations, so no class action lawsuits can be brought for injury. 

It is not that vaccines per se are unsafe, it is that the orgs promoting them have become so corrupted with vested interests (particularly that self appointed college dropout Bill Gates) that the entire system needs overhauling. 

It is battle between the powerful lobby who want a "vaccine" which may be unsafe anyway, and a cheaply available made in 1935 10 cents tablet cocktail. That remdezivir which Fauci is pushing costs I believe 10,000 dollars a treatment where HCQ costs overall 10 dollars to cure someone. 

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

I don’t disbelieve you, jeremy, but I can’t spend all my time checking out American politicians. 

The reason I do this John, is not America. What goes on there draining the Swamp, affects Germany and the UK. It means and end to senseless wars which the last 20 years have originated in America. That's why I follow it. 

The tensions with the Chinese right now are so high, especially in the S China Sea, that one false move and we could be in all out war. It has never been this tense. That's why I trust DJT so much.

I've overlapped Portugal and Sweden daily deaths. Both countries have the same population size. I've adjusted the start date to match initial curves.

This is a textbook example of what happens when you lockdown or not.

ps_6m.png.3898efbabd11855022b4dead989d1c

Not only peak in Sweden is much higher, but the peak is also much later, meaning the whole mess takes much more time.

Peak in Portugal was around the 29th day after first death. In Sweden, at best, peak was at the 43rd day. Right now Portugal is at +/- 50% of peak, while Sweden is at +/- 70% of the apparent peak, i.e., some 10-13 days behind Portugal.

Total death toll is about 3x higher than Portugal. Portugal is about to relax restrictions and allow kids to go back to school, similarly to Germany. The Swedish authorities are still considering if they should increase lockdown or not.

Now for the current status in Sweden: it seems peak was already reach, but now remains to be seen if we go into a plateau or a slow drop. Friday's numbers should clarify that.

On one hand, they finally started closing access to the retirement homes, and deaths in Stockholm are reducing, which might explain the drop. On the other hand, it seems it is now spreading to other areas of the country and smaller hospitals with less equipment are not coping with it, so a new peak might be reached.

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

I've overlapped Portugal and Sweden daily deaths. Both countries have the same population size. I've adjusted the start date to match initial curves.

This is a textbook example of what happens when you lockdown or not.

ps_6m.png.3898efbabd11855022b4dead989d1c

Not only peak in Sweden is much higher, but the peak is also much later, meaning the whole mess takes much more time.

Peak in Portugal was around the 29th day after first death. In Sweden, at best, peak was at the 43rd day. Right now Portugal is at +/- 50% of peak, while Sweden is at +/- 70% of the apparent peak, i.e., some 10-13 days behind Portugal.

Total death toll is about 3x higher than Portugal. Portugal is about to relax restrictions and allow kids to go back to school, similarly to Germany. The Swedish authorities are still considering if they should increase lockdown or not.

Now for the current status in Sweden: it seems peak was already reach, but now remains to be seen if we go into a plateau or a slow drop. Friday's numbers should clarify that.

On one hand, they finally started closing access to the retirement homes, and deaths in Stockholm are reducing, which might explain the drop. On the other hand, it seems it is now spreading to other areas of the country and smaller hospitals with less equipment are not coping with it, so a new peak might be reached.

Your graphs do not take into account the second wave.  It might be that the second wave is much worst than the first and if Sweden achieves herd immunity then for Sweden the second wave might not be as bad as for other countries.

3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I

Now for the current status in Sweden: it seems peak was already reach, but now remains to be seen if we go into a plateau or a slow drop.

Explanation is quite simple: like in the UK there are still people in the nursing homes.

50 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

John, the left think people who don't want vaccines are "anti-vaxxers" but that simply isn't true. There have been zero safety tests on these vaccinations, so no class action lawsuits can be brought for injury. 

It is not that vaccines per se are unsafe, it is that the orgs promoting them have become so corrupted with vested interests (particularly that self appointed college dropout Bill Gates) that the entire system needs overhauling. 

It is battle between the powerful lobby who want a "vaccine" which may be unsafe anyway, and a cheaply available made in 1935 10 cents tablet cocktail. That remdezivir which Fauci is pushing costs I believe 10,000 dollars a treatment where HCQ costs overall 10 dollars to cure someone. 

I have friends I would consider Left or Liberal who are also concerned about the possibility of  Zwangsimpfung. Because of the vested interests/ who could really be making unethically earned money out of this? And because who will decide what is safe or not in such a short period of testing if something should come on the market short term? And jab 8 billion people??

We have had so many scandals with medications, who decides what, who knows what? Chomsky was interviewed about this recently and queried vested interests. And he is no right-winger- quite the opposite.

By the way, I am not anti- vaccination. Thank God for the measures against smallpox etc.

Tetanus jab etc. Polio etc. Great! It has proven its validity.

And, yes, I really remember in my youth in certain developing countries.. there was often and justifiably hefty criticism ( from the Left ) of the methods used by multinationals to “ flog “ their wares to the poor and voices against “ guinea- pig- ism” of testing medication on the poor and illiterate.

Being critical of ANY powerful structure or person-whether  the WHO, the UN, Boris, Trump, Bill Gates, the EU, the Tories in Westminster or the opposition parties,  or even your psychopathic neighbour ( who can be powerful if you leave them unchallenged ) is SENSIBLE and necessary.

We should not be obedient robots. 

I was too young at the time but just remembered this ( not the text/story ) scandal: just googled as an example:

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

And what if someone decides: “ this is it, babe.” THIS is the jab you all HAVE to have. All 8 billion of us. What happens if it is wrong/ even a genuine mistake?

52 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Explanation is quite simple: like in the UK there are still people in the nursing homes.

Don't you think other countries have the same issue? 40% of the deaths in Portugal are from retirement homes. In Sweden is only 33%. So their "excuse" that they "only" failed in retirement homes is quite bad.

38 minutes ago, john g. said:

We have had so many scandals with medications, who decides what, who knows what? Chomsky was interviewed about this recently and queried vested interests. And he is no right-winger- quite the opposite.

By the way, I am not anti- vaccination. Thank God for the measures against smallpox etc.

Tetanus jab etc. Polio etc. Great! It has proven its validity.

And, yes, I really remember in my youth in certain developing countries.. there was often and justifiably hefty criticism ( from the Left ) of the methods used by multinationals to “ flog “ their wares to the poor and voices against “ guinea- pig- ism” of testing medication on the poor and illiterate.

Being critical of ANY powerful structure or person-whether  the WHO, the UN, Boris, Trump, Bill Gates, the EU, the Tories in Westminster or the opposition parties,  or even your psychopathic neighbour ( who can be powerful if you leave them unchallenged ) is SENSIBLE and necessary.

We should not be obedient robots. 

John I couldn't have put this better myself. 

This is an interview with one of the two Californian docs who were censored by Youtube whose CEO said they'd only accept videos sympathetic to the views of the WHO. The two guys had something like 5 million YT hits. They are being treated like bedroom keyboardiosts when they are virologists.

Basically this guy says that we face the risk of a huge spike after "shelter in place" of CV. "Is the cure worse than the disease"? Questioning everything is absolutely important in a free society. What is at stake is not left-right. It is rule of law and freedom.

I fetched a chicken to roast this afternoon. I discussed Cv with her and said her baby is probably more healthy on a farm with farm animals and lots of bacteria from farm animals strengthening her immune system.

John - I am sure you grew up like me without central heating! We must have been a tough bunch back then!