8,973 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Just out of curiousity, in Iceland, who does the jobs nobody wants to do?

Polish people :)

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I wonder if its called Covid -"19" for any reason or was that number just plucked out of thin air?

I forgot to add “ in France.” My “ bad.”😜

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I wonder if its called Covid -"19" for any reason or was that number just plucked out of thin air?

I heard the answer to this over the weekend, it's called Covid- "19" because it was discovered in 2019!

Just now, Tap said:

I heard the answer to this over the weekend, it's called Covid- 19 because it was discovered in 2019!

Yep.  Corona Virus Disease 2019

23 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

No, no, no. It’s called COVID 19 because it’s the 19th Coronavirus according to some Fox newscaster or the Trump administration... 

/sarcasm

1 hour ago, klingklang77 said:

But I am curious about farm work to get out in the sunshine and get some exercise. It also seems safer than other jobs I’ve seen (supermarkets, kitchen help in care homes). Any info?

https://bauersuchthilfe.de/

There will be others, but that may be a start. If you look up Corona Bauer Hilfe or some similar set of words, you may get other hits, and on FB there will be opportunities too.

Good luck - if you get sorted, tell us how it goes, will you? 

11 minutes ago, kiplette said:

https://bauersuchthilfe.de/

There will be others, but that may be a start. If you look up Corona Bauer Hilfe or some similar set of words, you may get other hits, and on FB there will be opportunities too.

Good luck - if you get sorted, tell us how it goes, will you? 

It says they aren’t taking any more field workers. I can’t afford to donate at this time. 

2 hours ago, Alexnf said:

Yep.  Corona Virus Disease 2019

yep, a bit more detail on this for those that want is:

On 11 February the World Health Organization announced that the official name would be covid-19, a shortened version of coronavirus disease 2019. The WHO refers to the specific virus that causes this disease as the covid-19 virus.

This is not the formal name for the virus – the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses calls it the “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2”, or SARS-CoV-2, because it is related to the virus that caused the SARS outbreak in 2003. However, to avoid confusion with SARS the WHO calls it the covid-19 virus when communicating with the public.

Early in the outbreak, the virus was called 2019-nCoV by the WHO. The virus is also often referred to as the novel coronavirus, 2019 coronavirus or just the coronavirus.

One of my friends children asked them if they had to stay inside for the other Covids, ie he thought there was a Covid 1-18 because of the name 

1 hour ago, CiaraDoran said:

One of my friends children asked them if they had to stay inside for the other Covids, ie he thought there was a Covid 1-18 because of the name 

I didn't know Kellyanne Conway had kids.

16 minutes ago, CiaraDoran said:

who is Kellyanne Conway? 

Someone who thought the current one is the 19th Covid.

2 hours ago, CiaraDoran said:

Sounds perfectly logical to me that they should think that: Covid-19, as the 19th of the coronaviruses in a series, just like Chanel No. 5, Pimm's No. 1...  ASSHOLE 45.