6,125 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, LeonG said:

From what they are saying you don't have to wear a bought mask, you can make your own.  According to  https://www.tagesschau.de/faktenfinder/hintergrund/masken-faq-101.html  some seamstresses are making and selling them.  

I'm not much of a seamstress, but I found this youtube video yesterday on how to make them.  I made myself 3, so I'm ready to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRfhuRNua_E

fitz.jpg?resize=600%2C444

Non-Yanks may not recognize the slight alterations here: the slogans are actually Live Free or Die (1809) and Don't Tread on Me (1775); before he was hanged by the British as a spy, Nathan Hale said, 'I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country' (1776).

The way I read it is that compulsory wearing of masks has been introduced so that businesses other than food shops will be able reopen. But I doubt that you'll be able to get a haircut anytime soon...

15 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

The way I read it is that compulsory wearing of masks has been introduced so that businesses other than food shops will be able reopen. But I doubt that you'll be able to get a haircut anytime soon...

I wonder if they'll allow restaurants to open - as long as the patrons keep their masks on whilst eating.

20 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Hairdressers in Hessen are opening from Monday

16 minutes ago, Dembo said:

I wonder if they'll allow restaurants to open - as long as the patrons keep their masks on whilst eating.

Yeah- but plastic straws are also out of fashion right now.. climate change/environmental  worries etc!😂

When I flew to Hamburg in early March, I sat next to a mask wearer ( who turned out to be a doctor ) and who  had been wearing it non- stop for 24 hours on two or three flights starting in Damascus,

He took it off when the flight attendants brought food!

45 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

I have an appt on May 15th with my hairdresser.  They can open on May 4th.  :D

I wonder if you and the hairdresser will have to wear a mask, BethAnn...

I saw a report from Denmark yesterday or so with hairdressers and, if I remember rightly from one picture, neither the hairdresser nor the customer was wearing a mask.

Beggars on the streets. For the last few weeks I haven't seen one and then today there were 2. I passed one 3 times and said no twice and then still got the note with the photo of kids pushed in my face. We have a Romanian couple that drive into the town to beg. There's a group of 4 that come in by train and set up pitch around the town. There's also a guy with deformed legs, he does our town one week, the next town south of us a second week then a third town before coming back to us. A number of beggars are being controlled by gangmasters and are rotated between different towns.

I have to work and as I've said before, I contribute to the social system in Germany so why can't they. After all if they fall ill, who's going to pick up the tab?

Ours get picked up by minibus on one of the main roads a bit out of town. I then assume it is an organised activity. The one I mostly see has not been outside Lidl these past weeks.

2 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Ours get picked up by minibus on one of the main roads a bit out of town. I then assume it is an organised activity. The one I mostly see has not been outside Lidl these past weeks.

Maybe the returns aren't too good at the moment.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I wonder if you and the hairdresser will have to wear a mask, BethAnn...

I saw a report from Denmark yesterday or so with hairdressers and, if I remember rightly from one picture, neither the hairdresser nor the customer was wearing a mask.

Exact rules for hairdressers in Baden-Württemberg are currently in process and will be forthcoming prior to May 4th, per the website.  I made that part of today’s DaF homework.  I’m looking forward to the VHS opening again.

Same here, actually, kiplette. The LIDL pattern. We have observed it. Once , we got to LIDL early and there was a very nice car. The guy got out, chatted to three women, and they took positions.

One at the entrance to LIDL, one where the cars park and the other one next to the trollies where you stick a euro in to take the trolley away and, on a good day, that one will say kalimera to you and hope you let them take out the euro when you have finished shopping.

But none of them help if you come out with heavy shopping, sweating, feeling old etc! 

Disclaimer- I was basically a beggar on the streets for at least six months way back then! I was much politer, though!😂

3 hours ago, LeonG said:

From what they are saying you don't have to wear a bought mask, you can make your own.  According to  https://www.tagesschau.de/faktenfinder/hintergrund/masken-faq-101.html  some seamstresses are making and selling them.  

(nothing against you personally) Oh great, amateur hour! Just shows this is a useless measure for false assurance! Home made condoms anyone?

Here is my take on this fuck up:

• government has to define what is a suitable mask
  • government has to train people on how to use the mask, how to reuse it and how to dispose it
  • everything else is just false sense of safety

On 4/20/2020, 6:00:20, jeba said:

I do sometimes wonder why they can’t get a job as a carer or cleaner or something. 

Its no life, begging all day long.