5,843 posts in this topic

I don't think that Twitter is a real news source. The truth is that I have read everywhere else is that NOBODY KNOWS yet if having been infected and having the antibody can prevent one from getting it again. It is a good way to see who has had it and to track the spread. Other than that, I don't know.

I don't see it as a news source, just as yet another discussion, like on TT, seeing as there are few real life people to talk to (apart from my son)! I don't follow Twitter much at all, but that link was on a Facebook friend's. Or Reddit Ireland, where you get real life people talking about how it is affecting them. For information, I look mostly at places like worldometer or covid19.healthdata or coronahelp.

59 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Doesn't look any tougher that anywhere else really other than not being able to go on a walk. Is that only in Palma or everywhere?

That's everywhere. Well, in Germany still many shops and restaurants are open. Every day on Mallorca seems like Christmas day, ie. very few people in the streets.  In Munich, I even saw a shop open selling espresso machines. Is that system relevant? In Spain all construction workers and handymen are not allowed to work. It's basically dead.

Should you need more safety than a normal mask and glasses would give you, you should consider a headtop like these:

The head is complely covered. On your back you have a battery with a ventilator that blows air into the mask.

Took some time until I found the German term for it: "atemschutz kopfhaube"

Prices start at 1100€+tax

If you are a doctor , dentist or closely have to work with people that could be an alternative to not working.

ScreenHunter 25.jpg

19 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

ScreenHunter 25.jpg

I'd love to get one of those just so I can lord it over those smug people with masks on the Stadtbahn.

People with masks are smug? What?

That rig looks like what I wore when I worked in asbestos - at least the one on the left who looks completely covered.

4 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

So everyone.

can someone tell me a new guesstimate for when schools will open in Germany? 

To to be specific, primary schools in Saxony 

thanks in advance

winner gets a chocolate biscuit 

I would expect Germany to come out of lockdown the earliest, of the major counties in Europe

from the following graph

Capture.JPG.1b779e05d180973f3eb126913577

The level of new infections is dropping dramatically, which will result in less deaths later.

Once the level of infections/deaths drops further the Government will start to open the economy again

In the press its speculated that Schools will be in the first phase of opening up.

So my guess would be somewhere between 21th april ( maybe 27th april because its a monday )  and 4th of may, could be wrong of course :o

Italy at the moment, has failed to force the number of infections down, some days it goes up and some days it goes down,  its hovering at around 3200 to 4600 new infections per day, they started lockdown before Germany and has a harder version of lockdown- so why does it not work ???

9 minutes ago, yesterday said:

The level of new infections is dropping dramatically, which will result in less deaths later.

Once the level of infections/deaths drops further the Government will start to open the economy again

So long as they don't open the borders including international flights.

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

50,000 asparaghus pickers without the flights?😟

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I would have thought  international flights will be one of the last things to open, as it spreads the virus very effectively, as said the Governments will open in a sector by sector way it will not be an on/off approach. 

The question the OP eas asking about was then the schools open in Germany again, not about  international flights, 

the OP said "To to be specific, primary schools in Saxony" 

1 minute ago, yesterday said:

- to be specific, at this moment in time, nobody can tell you!

3 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Yes, but then the conversation went to the economy in general. There was also talk about Oktoberfest. Those are the things to which I was referring.

Also you mentioned international flights which indeed do spread the virus as well as crossing the borders by car, train, etc.

26 minutes ago, yesterday said:

I would guess that the numbers are down because it's Easter. I doubt that al cases are have reported.

Let's see how the numbers look next Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Yes, but then the conversation went to the economy in general. There was also talk about Oktoberfest. Those are the things to which I was referring.

The octoberfest comment on a different virus thread, is not relevant to this thread, because OP was asking about schools, that was about canceling the octoberfest because of the virus, there international flights are important. Posting on an older question is ok, even if the conversation has moved on some what

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Also you mentioned international flights which indeed do spread the virus as well as crossing the borders by car, train, etc.

I tried to answer oscar's question, from 5 hours ago in this thread, about schools, that's why I did not mention octoberfest in this thread you did and I was not sure why you did. . I said International flights will be one of the last things to open, as  a way to illustrate the the economy will be opened up gradually not all at once. but again that's not related to schools

please separate the different questions in different threads.

Thank you. I definitely did mix them up. My bad. 

However, opening the schools and opening the economy are related. Can't do one without the other as Governor Cuomo was saying yesterday.

In each event, no one knows.

8 hours ago, robinson100 said:

- to be specific, at this moment in time, nobody can tell you!

No choccy biscuit for you then compadre 

@jeba I am not surprised about that. The several medical journal articles from Chinese authors that I have read in the last few weeks all seem overly rosy. I am particularly concerned about postnatal infant mortality in cases where the mother has COVID-19.