5,726 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jeba said:

Maybe something like that would help? I had a similiar one which came in sort of a rucksack so you´d still have your hands free.

https://www.amazon.de/Uquip-Leichtgewichtshocker-Trinity-Stabiler-Mini-Falthocker/dp/B06X15DL2R

That's so sweet of you - and yes, I will consider getting one when the situation gets better. Thank you for the reminder.

The police would shoo me away anyway now...

Just now, Sannerl said:

The police would shoo me away anyway now...

Are you really sure of that or are you only paranoid about it.   In my experience Police has been mostly understanding when I've talked to them.  I would expect them to be a bit lax considering your situation.

5 hours ago, jeba said:

Maybe something like that would help?

amazon.de/dp/B06X15DL2R

I had one of those after I had  hip surgery. They are very good indeed. Light, and quick and easy to set up. Go for it!

5 hours ago, Krieg said:

Are you really sure of that or are you only paranoid about it.   In my experience Police has been mostly understanding when I've talked to them.  I would expect them to be a bit lax considering your situation.

No, I'm not. It happened to people I know.

The police won't listen either.

Today my husband mused from his repose on the sofa, cell phone in hand, 'did you know that some people have died who had no symptoms of COVID-19 but were found to have the anti-body in their body?' 

In this article from March 13,2020 it mentions more symptoms experiened by people with COVID-19 and the fact that it can infect the brain and in this way cause respiratory failure. People who recover from COVID-19 can also have irreversable lung damage. Autopsies of victims in China suggest COVID-19 works like a combination of SARS and AIDS. Yikes. 

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/chance-coronavirus-could-infect-your-brain/news-story/c870059fe7168a8d833bdef647254ab9

2 hours ago, cybil said:

In this article from March 13,2020 it mentions more symptoms experiened by people with COVID-19 and the fact that it can infect the brain and in this way cause respiratory failure.

The article you gave the link to is nearly a month old and seems to have an awful lot of if buts and maybes, are you sure it is still valid in light of the current situation?

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

The article you gave the link to is nearly a month old and seems to have an awful lot of if buts and maybes, are you sure it is still valid in light of the current situation?

The article and its internal links (click on highlighted text) does reference mainly reputable medical journals like The Lancet, Journal of Forensic Medicine, etc. 

Todays news about chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine trials. 

Swedish hospitals abandon trial of promising malaria drug chloroquine for coronavirus patients after it caused them blinding headaches, vision loss and agonising cramps

FRENCH HOSPITAL STOPS HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE TREATMENT FOR COVID-19 PATIENT OVER MAJOR CARDIAC RISK

542 deaths in Italy today. Although it is slowing, it is not a fast drop. At this rate it will take almost 2 more weeks to return to decent numbers.

happy for you.

Amazing to see how what was once a basic human freedom like sitting on grass in a park is now such a treasured act.

LIfe after this will definitely be different. Crazy times.

moreover

I am going to go fucking insane the first night Berghain is open again lol 

In Ireland we are hoping it will be a rainy weekend.  Keep the idiots home.

We are looking forward to being really decadent again. You know- go to that nice Italian place on the seafront and have a meal. And watch the waves.

It seems like a lifetime ago. It isn’t, of course , but it does remind us about what we take for granted.

would you mind checking stuff really carefully before posting it so that we are not all subjected to the endless drivel?