5,814 posts in this topic

If Boris dies he can't stand trial for lying in a political campaign.

Okay so that's not going to happen, but I'd still quite like to see him resign in disgrace. Come on Boris.

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Advice from J.K. Rowling who was sick for 2 weeks. I'm not advocating it but just passing it along. I do a lot of deep breathing exercises to help me sleep.

Here

That breathing excercise is not much different from ones we practice in Pranayama, the breathing system of Yoga, except that Pranayama is more intense and takes longer. It's rather ironic that after having been mocked for being "woo" all of a sudden it turns out we were right all the time. Hmmmm... What the doctor doesn't say is that pranayama also calms the mind.

My daughter teaches this. My whole family did it long before CV. Granted, I've been lazy about it in the past years... but always knew of the benefit.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

This.

I wouldn`t wish this on anyone and hope he recovers.

He has made pretty much a cock up of this whole pandemic since the start but the last couple of weeks it`s been handled better (maybe because he himself has been pretty much out of it) but unlike Trump there has been no hatred from him,no self aggrandizing,he has just been more like someone who is completely out of his depth. 

That's how I feel about it. BJ was a bit like a headless chicken at first, but then, at first nobody really knew just how serious it was. We now all have the wisdom of hindsight. BJ is a buffoon and shallow and was clearly out of his depth but he's gone through a steep learning curve, listened to advisers, done his best to his best knowledge,  and will come out of this (touch wood) a better person for his own personal experience. 

I don't think Trump has the capacity to learn in him.

9 hours ago, silty1 said:

I would scream and shout for joy if this were to befall Trump and I know I'm not alone.

Embrace your inner hatred and let that bile flow.   

When you are ready to become more optimistic, consider that the DNC has had four years to develop viable alternatives to Trump in the 2020 election.  Surely the DNC has been working overtime to insure that there are multiple charismatic, energetic, healthy, dynamic, intelligent candidates so that displacing Trump doesn't need to rely on some twist of fate or another grift.     

just kidding.    :lol:

15 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

That's how I feel about it. BJ was a bit like a headless chicken at first, but then, at first nobody really knew just how serious it was. We now all have the wisdom of hindsight. BJ is a buffoon and shallow and was clearly out of his depth but he's gone through a steep learning curve, listened to advisers, done his best to his best knowledge,  and will come out of this (touch wood) a better person for his own personal experience. 

I don't think Trump has the capacity to learn in him.

He listens to his political advisers; those that are managing his image. I'd suggest that it's quite easy for a leader to look good and gain popularity in a crisis - they just have to look calm and like they're taking it seriously (i.e. Merkel). The public understand it's a crisis and so don't judge politicians as harshly as they might in other circumstances. Only a complete idiot (you know who) would manage to look worse - I'm sure that's because he doesn't listen to anyone.

Germany's number seem to be dropping significantly (2 weeks after lockdown), and the UK doesn't seem quite so bad. If someone rich like JK Rowling isn't being tested, you have to again wonder just how many other cases there are. It seems likely my brother and his girlfriend have had it - they had a couple of days of fever and that was after they were told to self-isolate as she'd come into contact with a confirmed case whilst working in a pub. A pub that was rammed thanks to the Cheltenham Festival going ahead just 3 weeks ago.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/health/coronavirus/serious-questions-why-cheltenham-festival-was-allowed-go-ahead-star-names-display-coronavirus-2530091

9 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

FFS Ann Frank was not in quarantine, she was hiding. Suggest you

a) get a dictionary and acquaint yourself with what quarantine means

b) read up on the history of Anne Frank and

c) stop listening to ill educated, illiterate narcissistic twats on social media.

35 minutes ago, Dembo said:

It seems likely my brother and his girlfriend have had it

Did they observe a sudden loss of their olfactory senses? According to Drosten it was found that 3/4 of corona patients experienced that. It would be a strong hint.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Embrace your inner hatred and let that bile flow.   

Shall I compare him to a garbage dump?

He is more awful and more disgusting  

Tough shit if you think other than me, bud

"Boris Johnson moved to intensive care as symptoms worsen"

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.

A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and was receiving "excellent care".

Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise "where necessary", the spokesman added.

A No 10 statement read: "The prime minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas' Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.

"Over the course of [Monday] afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital."

BBC

At  https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pm-is-extremely-sick-and-may-need-a-ventilator-medical-expert-says-11969669  they say this:

According to the World Health Organisation, about 14% of COVID-19 patients will develop symptoms severe enough to need oxygen, and 5% will need intensive care treatment.

The latest figures show that the death rate of those admitted to intensive care in the UK now exceeds 50%

12 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

I hate Trump, but I do not wish death upon him. I may silently think it, but that’s just rage. Things will get bad if Presidents and PMs start dying. We need some sort of order. 

12 hours ago, engelchen said:

I really don't see how ineffectual leaders dying can make the situation worse.

I can.

I certainly don't like Trump or BoJo, but leaders dying and governments getting disrupted can become a backdrop for power grabs and acts of war by opportunistic others.

I guess the definition of intensive care varies somewhat between countries. Going into this the UK had half the ICU beds of Italy per capita so possibly only sicker people make it to ICU in the UK and the less sick are treated on a general ward while Italy admitted the less sick to ICU, thus the mortality rate in the UK ICU being up at 50%.

Either way it's a bad sign for Johnson if he's reached the place where you have a 50:50 chance of survival. While I wish anyone with Covid 19 well, I don't wish him well more than anyone else in his situation. He actually had some capacity to influence this and he boasted about defying the advice not to shake hands as well as allowing Cheltenham to take place (lots of people into horses are also into skiing in Northern Italy). Some less intelligent people will almost certainly have followed his stupid example and also since died of Covid 19!!

Trotzdem gute Besserung.

3 minutes ago, Metall said:

I can.

I certainly don't like Trump or BoJo, but leaders dying and governments getting disrupted can become a backdrop for power grabs and acts of war by opportunistic others.

Not just that; it would be very unsettling and worrying for thousands of people and plunge them into yet more despair. 

If he gets through this, I'd hope he'd come away with a newfound appreciation for the NHS because those people caring for him have had to plough on through cut after cut after cut. He will get the best care possible in spite of all he and the Tories have done to damage  the NHS in the past. Personal experiences have the power to change minds 180% and going through this could finally that Eton privilege and make him see what the rest of us plebs do. One can only hope.

24 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

going through this could finally that Eton privilege and make him see what the rest of us plebs do.

Unless he got moved to the top of the list for that ICU bed that may have been needed by others.

Unless he got moved to the top of the list for that ICU bed that may have been needed by others.

This will surely happen. It would happen to any head of state. Yes, we are of course equal, but our roles in life are not equal.

Boris has gone into ICU, but he not on a ventilator ( yet ) from what I read.

Its only when he goes on to a ventilator that he goes to the 50 - 50 to list, at the moment its kinda of normal critical

We need to understand there are different levels of ICU from 1 to 3, he is currently on 1

do not over state the situation - yes its serious thou

You're right. ICU does not automatically mean ventilator. Many ICU patients do not need a ventilator, and I to have read that this is the case with BJ

47 minutes ago, yesterday said:

We need to understand there are different levels of ICU from 1 to 3, he is currently on 1

Nobody said BJ was on a ventilator. The fact is there is a shortage of ICU beds at every level. 

9 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

You're right. ICU does not automatically mean ventilator. Many ICU patients do not need a ventilator, and I to have read that this is the case with BJ

I also read that Micheal Gove had said that, so who knows what the truth is.

The official messaging I've seen is that BoJo is on oxygen, but not a ventilator.

I have to admit that I was surprised by this news, because I long suspected that he was anaerobic.