5,680 posts in this topic

Although some people get really sick and fast and my die in 3 days. other people get sick and on 7 - 10 days start getting better or worse. Doesn't bode well for BJ. I hope he pulls through.

And, no, I don't want Trump to get it and pass it to his wife and son. Anti-mask idiot that he is.

24 minutes ago, French bean said:

No not really, however, BoJo was the one that talked about letting it infect people to build up Herd Immunity. Wonder whether he's having a rethink.

Poetic justice? 

I hope he realises that he is receiving special treatment and that many patients in the UK are feeling the reality of what the shortages mean.

20 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I hate Trump, but I do not wish death upon him. I may silently think it, but that’s just rage.

Things will get bad if Presidents and PMs start dying. We need some sort of order. 

I really don't see how ineffectual leaders dying can make the situation worse.

24 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I hate Trump, but I do not wish death upon him. I may silently think it, but that’s just rage. Things will get bad if Presidents and PMs start dying. We need some sort of order. 

It would be the sweetest justice in the universe to see him croak from it.

1 minute ago, engelchen said:

Poetic justice? 

I hope he realises that he is receiving special treatment and that many patients in the UK are feeling the reality of what the shortages mean.

I really don't see how ineffectual leaders dying can make the situation worse.

I do believe it can make the situation worse. I’m American and I know the whole changeover, if someone were to die, would be extra paperwork. Paperwork that we don’t need at this time. 

Advice from J.K. Rowling who was sick for 2 weeks. I'm not advocating it but just passing it along. I do a lot of deep breathing exercises to help me sleep.

Here

2 minutes ago, silty1 said:

It would be the sweetest justice in the universe to see him croak from it.

I don't want Trump (or anyone else) to die of COVID-19, but if he were to O.D. on hydroxychloroquine, I don't know if I could contain my Schadenfreude.

5 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

Paperwork that we don’t need at this time. 

Oh, there's plenty of time for paperwork, That's not a problem.

If the suffering of ineffectual (good term, engelchen) leaders wakes the rest of the politicians up to the importance of decent, affordable healthcare for everyone, then that will be a long term gain for all. 

I don't wish anyone to die of this, but just possibly the knowledge that those who consider themselves worth more than the rest are in fact subject to the same tribulations might have long term benefits for all.

12 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I do believe it can make the situation worse. I’m American and I know the whole changeover, if someone were to die, would be extra paperwork. Paperwork that we don’t need at this time. 

The decisions your president is making is costing YOUR fellow citizens their lives. How many more must die due to his incompetence? What is a little paperwork in comparison? 

8 minutes ago, kiplette said:

I don't wish anyone to die of this,

Thousands have already died and thousands more will die before someone finds a vaccine/effective treatment. I personally value the lives of the nursing staff on the front lines more than many of the politicians who are causing more harm than good.

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

You are not alone but if this shit can befall him, it can befall all of us without that power. Do you wish that ?

Nope.  Just him. 

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I dislike both Trump and Johnson but I wouldn't like to see Johnson die of Covid 19.

Neither would I. 

I am sure someone on here commented " Devine intervention" when I mentioned someone had tested positive for CV19...   I cant recall who it was.... but it was a rather crass thing for anyone to say... 

It is wrong, but very understandable when the people who did not take it seriously and should have been the ones making sensible decisions then fall foul of the thing. 

At the start of March, Johnson was boasting about how he was personally ignoring his own government's advice and was happily shaking the hands of people ill in hospital with Covid-19. 

At the start of April, he's in the intensive care ward due to Covid-19 symptoms.

9 hours ago, john g. said:

Only joking, Keleth!🙏🏻

I thought that,then thought hmm,then thought is he trying to make some obtuse point,then thought WTF is he on about.

Hence the confusion :)

6 hours ago, clickety6 said:

At the start of March, Johnson was boasting about how he was personally ignoring his own government's advice and was happily shaking the hands of people ill in hospital with Covid-19. 

At the start of April, he's in the intensive care ward due to Covid-19 symptoms.

This.

I wouldn`t wish this on anyone and hope he recovers.

He has made pretty much a cock up of this whole pandemic since the start but the last couple of weeks it`s been handled better (maybe because he himself has been pretty much out of it) but unlike Trump there has been no hatred from him,no self aggrandizing,he has just been more like someone who is completely out of his depth.