5,671 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dembo said:

What happens if you sneeze into your mask? Do you walk around with snot in your face for the rest of the day, or do you take it off and do without? Disgusting, but a serious point.

You need swap to your 2nd self made mask,

or simply use another, clean disposable mask.

Of course, boil wash your self made mask when back home

But if you're somewhere where you can't change the mask - like this guy...

53 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Germany has learned from other countries and found out that the coronavirus has two phases. In the first phase, the patients are still fine, but after about a week, the health condition rapidly deteriorates. "However, we assume that we should identify the patients at the beginning or even before the deterioration (Boris Johnson?) and admit them to hospital," said the virologist from Heidelberg

Why should that be handled differently elsewhere? Sure Germans aren´t the only one who know this.

56 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

they would just be moving around with the same pair of gloves, touching everything, including themselves.

I've noticed this when shopping. Instead of discarding the gloves as soon as leaving the supermarket, quite a few people keep them on, even driving away still wearing them. 

2 hours ago, Dembo said:

What happens if you sneeze into your mask? Do you walk around with snot in your face for the rest of the day, or do you take it off and do without? Disgusting, but a serious point.

Which is one reason why Health care staff have to change masks so frequently at work!!

Increase of deaths in Italy today (636), but still lowering on a 3 and 5 day rolling average.

For the moment it just means deaths drop does not look exponential. Let's continue with an optimistic outlook.

One more excellent day in Portugal. Peak looks to be gone.

Spain also saw a reduction of number of deaths.

Also good numbers from Germany, a very low mortality rate.

Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden continue to be fucked up.

4 hours ago, bramble said:

I've noticed this when shopping. Instead of discarding the gloves as soon as leaving the supermarket, quite a few people keep them on, even driving away still wearing them. 

I am collecting them, bramble , and when I have enough, I can make a face mask!👍🏼

28 minutes ago, john g. said:

I am collecting them, bramble , and when I have enough, I can make a face mask!👍🏼

You want to make a mask out of used gloves ?

I`m confused.

4 minutes ago, Keleth said:

You want to make a mask out of used gloves ?

I`m confused.

Only joking, Keleth!🙏🏻

This appeared on the Medium website which is trying to "whack a mole" delete it everywhere.

https://archive.is/ONUmi

There is no ‘pneumonia’ nor ARDS. At least not the ARDS with established treatment protocols and procedures we’re familiar with. Ventilators are not only the wrong solution, but high pressure intubation can actually wind up causing more damage than without, not to mention complications from tracheal scarring and ulcers given the duration of intubation often required… They may still have a use in the immediate future for patients too far to bring back with this newfound knowledge, but moving forward a new treatment protocol needs to be established so we stop treating patients for the wrong disease.
The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia. All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. Patients returning for re-hospitalization days or weeks after recovery suffering from apparent delayed post-hypoxic leukoencephalopathy strengthen the notion COVID-19 patients are suffering from hypoxia despite no signs of respiratory ‘tire out’ or fatigue.

Covid 19 is more like altitude sickness than pneumonia, if anyone has ever had the former (I have had it at 18,500 feet in India - it's horrible). 

btw Cov = Covid. Fe = Ferrum. Fe = Ferritum.

30 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Boris Johnson is in intensive care.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

This is it.

Hm, I wish him well and everybody who gets ill.

The good news? NO Government or political party wanting to denigrate  a health system will win votes for years to come. 

The bad news? If a person in power and affluent can get sick , YOU can, as well.

Stay safe, all of us babes.

Yes, don't wish that on anyone, bit of a bummer for his pregnant GF who incidentaly is showing symptoms as well.

Just now, French bean said:

Yes, don't wish that on anyone, bit of a bummer for his pregnant GF who incidentaly is showing symptoms as well.

Hardly a suprise is it..?

No not really, however, BoJo was the one that talked about letting it infect people to build up Herd Immunity. Wonder whether he's having a rethink. Something to note, they're saying he has Pneumonia, I assume that will be viral and not bacterial Pneumonia in which case it's down to him, they won't be able to give him much.

25 minutes ago, john g. said:

Hm, I wish him well and everybody who gets ill.

I would scream and shout for joy if this were to befall Trump and I know I'm not alone.

2 minutes ago, French bean said:

No not really, however, BoJo was the one that talked about letting it infect people to build up Herd Immunity. Wonder whether he's having a rethink. Something to note, they're saying he has Pneumonia, I assume that will be viral and not bacterial Pneumonia in which case it's down to him, they won't be able to give him much.

Unfortunately, the two types (viral and bacterial) are not mutually exclusive. "Gute Besserung" to him. I hope he makes it and can keep annoying us with his ferking "get Brexit done". Good times, in retrospect.

1 minute ago, silty1 said:

I would scream and shout for joy if this were to befall Trump and I know I'm not alone.

I hate Trump, but I do not wish death upon him. I may silently think it, but that’s just rage. Things will get bad if Presidents and PMs start dying. We need some sort of order. 

5 minutes ago, silty1 said:

You are not alone but if this shit can befall him, it can befall all of us without that power. Do you wish that ?

Poor Boris. I hope he makes it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. He's an idiot, but imo not 

evil