4,816 posts in this topic

Pretty sure Boris hasn't been "running the country" since he developed a high fever that won't go down. #1 He needs complete rest and no stress #2 He's probably hallucinating with such a fever.

I dislike Boris as much as anyone else, but...

yes he has made a mess of the crisis. Yet still, he has a job to do and needs to finish it.

But I wonder what they are hiding from the public. Sunday night is normally not an auspicious  time  to announce he's gone to hospital, because Monday is around the corner and he will be the top story.

I think it's probably more serious than just "tests". What tests can they do in hospital that they can't do at home?

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Pretty sure Boris hasn't been "running the country" since he developed a high fever that won't go down. #1 He needs complete rest and no stress #2 He's probably hallucinating with such a fever.

If he has then it shows there is something wrong with the govt structure.

No way do you let someone with a potentially fatal disease (not going too good on the recovery front) suffering with fever and many other symptoms people have had,to make crucial decisions that affects peoples lives and could cost peoples lives.

6 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

yes he has made a mess of the crisis. Yet still, he has a job to do and needs to finish it.

But I wonder what they are hiding from the public. Sunday night is normally not an auspicious  time  to announce he's gone to hospital, because Monday is around the corner and he will be the top story.

I think it's probably more serious than just "tests". What tests can they do in hospital that they can't do at home?

CT scan, I understand the Chinese used it a lot to confirm the early onset of pneumonia induced by CV.

That could also confirm his brain has been removed!:P

19 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

It's a bit early to be sniffing glue, Kiplette! 

That's probably gonna be the dumbest thing I will read today. 

I can understand that you don't like the Conservatives or PM Johnson but don't take leave of your senses. 

It is dumb but Johnson hasn`t exactly been leading by example has he.

Funnily enough his leadership of this crisis seems to have improved over the last couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

What tests can they do in hospital that they can't do at home?

Chest X-Ray and MRI scans? 

Or do you think they will hold his balls, ask him to cough and then give him a lollipop? 

26 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

He probably believes he's Winston Churchill, leading the brave British people out from under the threat of dastardly Europeans.

Oh wait, that was before the Virus.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

It is dumb but Johnson hasn`t exactly been leading by example has he.

Funnily enough his leadership of this crisis seems to have improved over the last couple of weeks.

Do you guys think that PM Johnson just jumps in a taxi and tootles down the hospital on his own? 

Imagine the whole roadshow that has to go with him and how that would seriously mess up the waiting room while Boris literally waits with his Johnson in his hand! 

It would cause chaos and then he would rightly be slated for causing waiting room mayhem!

Please switch on, people.  

42 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Do you guys think that PM Johnson just jumps in a taxi and tootles down the hospital on his own? 

Imagine the whole roadshow that has to go with him and how that would seriously mess up the waiting room while Boris literally waits with his Johnson in his hand! 

It would cause chaos and then he would rightly be slated for causing waiting room mayhem!

Please switch on, people.  

What this has to do with what you quoted I`ve no idea.

34 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

BoJo hailed Coronavirus testing kits as a "game changer". Turns out they were, because they don't work.

Let's have a look at what he really said on March 19th , shall we? 

Not quite what El Jeffo wrote, eh? 

Why are you trying to misrepresent what PM Johnson said? 

2 minutes ago, Keleth said:

What this has to do with what you quoted I`ve no idea.

It was a general comment to all and sundry. That's why I said, 'guys' and 'people'. 

25 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

It was a general comment to all and sundry. That's why I said, 'guys' and 'people'.

What a surprise someone else who is adept at actually answering the question.

3 minutes ago, Keleth said:

What a surprise someone else who is adept at actually answering the question.

I'm not bad, eh! 

Anyway, what do you think about that sneaky @El Jeffo trying to misrepresent PM Johnson? 

Imagine if that Orange bloke had tried to pull a stunt like that! 

There'd be all hell breaking loose! 

Funny old world! 

5 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Anyway, what do you think about that sneaky @El Jeffo trying to misrepresent PM Johnson? 

That`s typical of people (you too) believing everything they read and seeing it how they want to see it.

5 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Imagine if that Orange bloke had tried to pull a stunt like that! 

He`s done it plenty of times.

Just now, Keleth said:

That`s typical of people (you too) believing everything they read and seeing it how they want to see it.

No, I'm pretty sure that @El Jeffo doesn't like PM Johnson and his comment was aimed at ridiculing him.

Maybe El Jeffo will come back and clarify? 

58 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

This is very scary if it were to be come widespread in animals then I suspect the whole quarantine and exit strategy would need a major rethink.

CoronaVirus Tiger.

I agree it is very scary, but cats usually have FCoV (90% of them do). It’s another type of Coronavirus. I only know about this because I had a kitten that died from FIP, which is a mutated form of Coronavirus. All of my cats (3) have FCoV. 

This is irresponsible reporting. They really need to study Covid and FCoV and FIP to make an actual true report. 

2 hours ago, arunadasi said:

I thought he sounded a bit breathless in his most recent video.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1246042407973662721

About the tests he's likely to be having:

"Dr Sarah Jarvis, a GP and broadcaster, told the BBC that Mr Johnson would be likely to have his chest X-rayed and his lungs scanned, particularly if he had been struggling for breath. She said he is also likely to have an electrocardiogram to check his heart's function, as well as tests on his oxygen levels, white blood cell count, and liver and kidney function before he is released from hospital."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52177125

3 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Anyone else noticed the massive disinformation campaign going on in the US. Not sure if it's being funded by the Russians Chinese or the Republicans but this is fairly typical of what you'll see. 

Taking advantage of the situation is all. Anything to prove to their captive audiences (and the gullable outside) that democratic systems can't handle a crisis. 

3 hours ago, LeonG said:

I saw a post on facebook about how the Chinese engineered the virus in retaliation against Trump for the import tariffs

The Chinese didn't manufacture anything (with the virus), though they are certainly taking advantage in muddying the waters. Most certainly it seems there is a campaign among CPC functionaries to imply the virus is a western plant. Whether believed or not, the idea is to sew confusion and again take advantage of the situation. Shit's real.

Anyone who doesn't think Emperor Xi has ambitious plans for being the global hegemon on their own terms (hint: you won't like it) is simply out to lunch. They don't even hide it in within China. But the Chinese state has an efficient method of propaganda tailored for the West, cry-bullying, economic blackmail and image-making (America divided and failed, economy bad! China strong and swift, every factory just humming! ).

Article is from Canadian media, but most of it isn't Canada specific. Worth a read:

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-coronavirus-pandemic-is-the-breakthrough-xi-jinping-has-been-waiting-for-and-hes-making-his-move/

From the article: 

What’s new is that the Chinese state is committing vast resources to a hybrid strategy of intensified propaganda and information control in lockstep with an aggressive Russian-style disinformation effort. Aimed almost entirely at western audiences, the effort takes its cues from several Kremlin-backed operations, most obviously the barrage of fabricated “news” unleashed on behalf of the Donald Trump campaign during the 2016 U.S. presidential elections.

Experts in the field say Beijing isn’t just selling a “narrative” anymore. The new strategy is intended to spread chaos and confusion and incite mistrust of governments in democratic countries. According to an analysis undertaken by the Alliance for Securing Democracy (ASD), a project of the German Marshall Fund of the United States, Beijing is adopting “increasingly aggressive tactics and techniques” and rapidly ramping up its messaging on social media platforms, often cross-pollinating with Russian and Iranian disinformation efforts and amplifying conspiracy theories from fringe third-party websites.

According to an analysis by Horizon Advisory, a consultancy that investigates Chinese policy on behalf of corporations, investors and government agencies in the U.S., China’s central planners are taking every advantage of the democratic world’s predicament. “Beijing intends to use the global dislocation and downturn to attract foreign investment, to seize strategic market share and resources—especially those that force dependence, and to proliferate global information systems,” the Horizon Advisory analysts conclude.

“Beijing used the opening presented by the 2008 economic downturn to reach parity; to position itself as an alternative world leader. In COVID-19, Beijing sees the chance to win.”

... a massive new propaganda machine involving at least 10,000 Twitter accounts kicked into gear. Most of them are fake. Many of them are hacked accounts. All of them have ties to the Chinese government. And all of them are devoted to spreading the word about Beijing’s gallant struggle with the coronavirus, and Beijing’s generosity and solidarity with all those countries that had been waiting in vain for leadership from Trump’s America.