5,680 posts in this topic

At one time coup's were almost an everyday occurence in S. America and there were always company's sniffing round trying to do a deal with the new incumbent to gain a commercial advantage. That sort of thing is nothing new. Governments also did it but what is new is the amount of time and effort the Chinese are investing in far flung parts of the World. Wasn't it Hilary Clinton as Foreign Secretary who said something about the Chinese always being a week ahead of her when she visits other countries to do trade deals.

9 minutes ago, balticus said:

Given that the negotiations became a lot easier after removing the democratically elected President,

What did a private German company have to do with that?

8 minutes ago, French bean said:

At one time coup's were almost an everyday occurence in S. America and there were always company's sniffing round trying to do a deal with the new incumbent to gain a commercial advantage. That sort of thing is nothing new. Governments also did it but what is new is the amount of time and effort the Chinese are investing in far flung parts of the World. Wasn't it Hilary Clinton as Foreign Secretary who said something about the Chinese always being a week ahead of her when she visits other countries to do trade deals.

True - but Germans tend to be self-righteous about such things as if their government and corporations are repulsed by such things.      Jeba will now counter that the US is a zillion times worse, and therefore Germans should simply ignore this and continue focusing on George W's   errr  Trump's sociopathic behavior.      There is always a shiny object and people here do not criticize the home team.    Very creepy.  

6 hours ago, jeba said:

Isn´t that a waste of testing capacity? Shouldn´t you rather use it for testing the living?

There are a few hospitals in the country they want to keep covid-free, for those makes perfect sense. They are also diving patients between hospitals, depending on severity and if they have/not corona. Testing the dead provides information on why triage failed.

Also we are only talking of a few more tests per day, nothing that would impact the living.

22 minutes ago, balticus said:

Jeba will now counter that the US is a zillion times worse, and therefore Germans should simply ignore this and continue focusing on George W's   errr  Trump's sociopathic behavior.

Nonsense! I´d say that the company in question has nothing to do with it and that therefore your claim that "Germany" did something sinister here is ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The big off topic complainer has now taken this thread deep down the rabbit hole. Just sayin.

If off-topic is no problem, I don't want to seem anti-social.   

Smooch  💋

Strong reduction of deaths today in Spain. I've made a comparison between peak of deaths between spain and italy.

They look a bit different. Let's see how it plays out in Spain in the next few days because now it seems it went up faster in Spain, but it might come down faster.

a5.png.b865f56bba9bb807b31733f456b427f2.

Seems the UK wants the “best of both worlds” being sarcastic of course, can't seem to insert photos so I'm inserting the link to his twitter feed. people in the UK are seriously pissed about not being able to suntan or have block parties,

People in the UK make Trump supporters  look reasonable 😡

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan

and this

Fury as Scots chief medic Catherine Calderwood flouts own Covid-19 lockdown rule visiting 2nd home

16 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

Seems the UK wants the “best of both worlds” being sarcastic of course, can't seem to insert photos so I'm inserting the link to his twitter feed. people in the UK are seriously pissed about not being able to suntan or have block parties,

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan

Not sure what you're problem is there? From the pic of Primrose hill it can clearly be seen that people in the foreground are keeping a distance and I would say resting after exercise, a number of bikes there, nobody even half naked sunbathing or having a picnic.

21 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

Piers Morgan is a total cunt.  He should have been drowned at birth. 

22 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

You have raised a good point, though.

How long do you expect the general public to adhere to the regulations? 

After a certain amount time, people will start saying "fuck it" and then we will see civil disobedience followed by the government imposing tougher rules followed by riots followed by the the cops literally on the beat!  

1 hour ago, Rushrush said:

Looks absolutely OK to me.

_111609057_a8d9cfa8-c87e-4b5a-a6da-91f64211b328.jpg

9 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Looks absolutely OK to me.

Yes, and on closer inspection we can see two families self isolating while longingly looking out of their seemingly huge windows! 

dummy.JPG.3df50e4d511c5943f93fd4d5d43508

7 hours ago, balticus said:

Has nothing to do with Coronavirus but it seems the topic is basically a catch all again until it isn't.   Why not put this on the Trump thread or Politics XYZ?  

Why not reply to it in one of those threads then.

You`re ceaselessly telling people to not go off topic or post in correct thread so stop being a damn hypocrite.

Oh wait you had to quickly bend over for Trump didn`t you,not even time to go in the right thread.

I'm not anti-American. I'm anti stupid. I'm anti-Trump. America is vast (I should know, I crossed it by train in my youth and have visited more than half of the states through work or privately) with all manner of people living there. Most Americans recognise that mass prescription of opioids has created a catastrophe of addiction that you don't find in Europe to anywhere near the same extent.

In case you haven't noticed, most Americans on here hate Trump too! You're on the wrong forum trying to beat the 'Murica drum. The people here are for the most part not the sort of people you'll find at a Trump rally. They can see the balls Trump has made of Covid19. His own CDC were telling him if the risks at the same time he was vainly promulgating that the whole thing was a second attempt at impeachment! It's ALWAYS about him in his black and white mind.

@murphaph Only an absolute dumbass would equate anything you said with anti-americanism. Trump supporters are not the majority of Americans and hating Trump and his stupidity has nothing to do with anti-americanism.

People who support authoritarianism equate hating an official with hating a government. Isn't that sad?

11 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I'm not anti-American. 

If 90% of your posts on a thread dedicated to a WORLDWIDE pandemic are focused on one country, and not the country of origin, nor your home country, nor the country where you reside, then you have some serious issues with that country.   

Keep telling yourself like every hate monger does, that in contrast to those who are simply hateful, your particular brand of hatred is justified.   

11 minutes ago, murphaph said:

In case you haven't noticed, most Americans on here hate Trump too! You're on the wrong forum ... 

Who will be your scapegoat when Trump is gone?    For people addicted to hate, there is always someone who needs to be blamed.

Even though you crave conformity and orthodoxy,  I don't think i will buy in to your authoritarian vision.   Cry to the mods if it hurts your feelings or makes you feel offended.   boo hoo hoo - poor murphaph.   :lol:

4 minutes ago, balticus said:

Who will be your scapegoat when Trump is gone? 

Didn't need one before Trump. 

Next question.

Just now, fraufruit said:

Didn't need one before Trump. 

Next question.

His name was George W. Bush.   Maybe you haven't been here very long.