4,816 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SusieT said:

It sounds as if Trump thinks that as GM (who make a lot of the masks) are a US company, they should supply US first, and when they have enough sell to other Countries. I am wondering if both lots of masks siezed were made by GM and thats how he based his thinking?

If Trump wants them and they can't knit their own, let him have them, they are dying like flies over there. Don't Panic the experts say they don't do any good and its no worse than flu and 2/3 of the dead would have died before long anyway.:angry::angry:

Trump just said that even though it's recommended he won't wear a mask because he can't imagine being seen in one while greeting “presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens” in the Oval Office.  :wacko:

Right, @BethAnnBitt, as if all the crowned heads of Europe were falling all over themselves to come and visit the Leader of the Sick World right now! :( 

Even the dictators have more sense. :(:( 

7 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

There is a logic to say face masks are ineffective when you know there are nowhere enough to go around the population.  

With everyone so focused on the US healthcare system and Donald Trump,  it seems that nobody is interested that the WHO

1. lied about the efficacy of masks 

2. claimed there was no human to human transmission

3. claimed air travel restrictions would not protect anyone in early February

4. waited until March 11 to declare COVID-19 a pandemic

5. praised the Chinese government for transparency when it was anything but transparent 

People wonder why there is a lack of trust in some supranational institutions.    

13 hours ago, SusieT said:

I am wondering if both lots of masks siezed were made by GM and thats how he based his thinking?

3M not GM.    Look at the back of your post-it notes.   

If 3M is getting bailed out by the US government or benefitting from eased credit conditions enabled by the US Treasury and Fed,  maybe it makes sense for the company to rethink the strategy of going to the highest bidder.  

to be fair I just think the sound of Trump's voice, worse still his orange face and horrible content of his speaking

Drives him (murphaph) to utter distraction

I feel his pain

13 minutes ago, oscar 63 said:

to be fair I just think the sound of Trump's voice, worse still his orange face and horrible content of his speaking

Drives him (murphaph) to utter distraction

I feel his pain

If you venture over to the Brexit thread (and i don't recommend that on a full stomach), you will notice that the harbinger of doom, @murphaph , predicted food shortages, medicine shortages, intententional crashing of the UK Pound, intentional crashing of the stock markets and a return of "the troubles" for months on end. 

If Trump is struck by lightening today, there will be a new scapegoat and an apocalyptic vision to tie to said scapegoat within a short time.  

It's gotta be tough to live in the same living space as someone like that.   

The UK is in the transition phase. Wait till January before declaring Brexit a huge triumph. I expect it will make the Covid19 recovery significantly more difficult (how are the essential trade negotiations going with the world right now???) but rather than accepting the blame, Brexiteers will now blame an invisible virus for all their ills. Now that's a scapegoat!

For days and weeks now, worldometer and other sites show that Ireland has only 5 recoveries, which sounds really grim compared with other countries. Apparently it's because  you are tested twice after no symptoms and that takes 14 days each time. So hopefully the number will be updated soon. It does look depressing, as if the infected Irish are staying in serious conditions or dying off.

5 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

For days and weeks now, worldometer and other sites show that Ireland has only 5 recoveries, which sounds really grim compared with other countries. Apparently it's because  you are tested twice after no symptoms and that takes 14 days each time. So hopefully the number will be updated soon. It does look depressing, as if the infected Irish are staying in serious conditions or dying off.

Its not only Irish who Live in Ireland.

Eminent mental health professionals once again try to warn the American public about the mind of the man in charge:

https://worldmhc.org/

Scroll down a bit. The video is worth half an hour.

2 hours ago, balticus said:

With everyone so focused on the US healthcare system and Donald Trump,  it seems that nobody is interested that the WHO

5. praised the Chinese government for transparency when it was anything but transparent 

It is good to see I am not the only one who has noticed the lies. It is not just the WHO, the EU, USA and in fact most governments, with Taiwan being possibly the only exception are all complicit. We are now paying the price for the lies, over optimistic forecasts and failure to act while there was still time! I am very angry!

11 hours ago, murphaph said:

He promised that a doctor or nurse would hold the hands of people as they die as their relatives are not allowed in. Pretty moving stuff.

Shouldn´t he rather sedate them?

He also said nobody would die in respiratory distress, which is code for sedation I guess. That the man still thinks a human being's hand should be held shows his own humanity.

2 hours ago, balticus said:

14 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

It is good to see I am not the only one who has noticed the lies. It is not just the WHO, the EU, USA and in fact most governments, with Taiwan being possibly the only exception are all complicit. We are now paying the price for the lies, over optimistic forecasts and failure to act while there was still time! I am very angry!

I was a pro-mask person from the beginning because to me it is obvious, that's what the Asians do in these situations and they seem to know better, why would the western world who never went through something like this know better?   To me we should have all followed what the Asians did from the beginning and then if we realized something was wrong then change actions, but no, we decided we know better and that jogging is a critical activity no one can stop.

If you want to add some irony to the mix, a lot of people in the third world countries ARE wearing masks.   Why?  Because governments lying to us is part of the normal day activities.   

Last Saturday I went to the supermarket we were a grand total of two people wearing a mask.  Let's see today.

1 hour ago, oscar 63 said:

both of these could happen

food shortages, medicine shortages

He was predicting those things as Brexit scenarios 2 years ago.  🤪

Hands up who's got the BCG vaccination? <raises hand>

Unreviewed study finds countries with mandatory TB vaccination have lower death rates to Covid 19.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/fewer-coronavirus-deaths-seen-in-countries-that-mandate-tb-vaccine

Ireland mandated that vaccination until 2015 when it became difficult to obtain. I still remember the day I got it in school as it hurt like hell. I was five years old so it's one of my earliest memories in fact.

Obviously I hope there is some veracity to the claims made.