4,973 posts in this topic

I am flying to Hamburg next week. I have a bit of a cold, sore throat etc right now.

If I feel ill when I am there, I’ll just walk into the Finanzamt!😂

SCHADENFREUDE!😀😜 

I will ask the bastards how much my Coronasteuer payments are and offer a Vorauszahlung.

🙁☹️

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, john g. said:

I am flying to Hamburg next week. I have a bit of a cold, sore throat etc right now.

If I feel ill when I am there, I’ll just walk into the Finanzamt!😂

SCHADENFREUDE!😀😜 

I will ask the bastards how much my Coronasteuer payments are and offer a Vorauszahlung.

🙁☹️

That‘s not Schadenfreude, that‘s genius. Can I hire you to do Finanzamt Augsburg as well?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five cases in all of Germany versus seven in one Oregon county where my father lives. That said, I'm driving to work now. No more bus/train for me. With the saved Job Ticket money I can just put out another 30 Euros a month and lease an E-car anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was chatting with a friend in Beijing yesterday and he said that they feel quite safe there because everybody is following the govt rules to stop the spreading unlike here where ppl do what they want.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeonG said:

I was chatting with a friend in Beijing yesterday and he said that they feel quite safe there because everybody is following the govt rules to stop the spreading unlike here where ppl do what they want.

 

I think at least some people here are starting to worry, you can't find hand sanitizer in any Rossmann or DM in Berlin.

 

I don't know if this crisis will become really bad, but I am learning that capitalism and free markets are not the best models when something like this happens.   China with their authoritarian model seems to be working in a much reasonable way to stop the spreading, people are used to follow orders and the government seems to be doing all they can to provide people with everything they need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Krieg said:

 

you can't find hand sanitizer in any Rossmann or DM in Berlin.

 

 

What a ridiculous thing to say. 

 

Have you gone into every Rossmann and DM in Berlin?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

 

What a ridiculous thing to say. 

 

Have you gone into every Rossmann and DM in Berlin?

 

I've been to 17.   But yes, you are correct, I've not been to all of them.

 

 

P.S., taking everything literally, slowly becoming a German ...

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coronavirus cases surge to 400 in Italy

 

Quote
Quote

The number of coronavirus cases in Italy has jumped to 400, amid international efforts to contain the spread of the deadly outbreak.

The rise in Italy, the main focus of infection in Europe, represents a 25% surge in 24 hours. Several European countries announced new cases traced to Italy.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Krieg said:

 

I think at least some people here are starting to worry, you can't find hand sanitizer in any Rossmann or DM in Berlin.

 

I don't know if this crisis will become really bad, but I am learning that capitalism and free markets are not the best models when something like this happens.   China with their authoritarian model seems to be working in a much reasonable way to stop the spreading, people are used to follow orders and the government seems to be doing all they can to provide people with everything they need.

 

The initial denial of a problem by the Chinese authorities and gagging of whistle-blowers then the failure to impose travel restrictions during the their new year celebrations does not seem to me to be a great model for dealing with this virus.

What is your issue with the way the free world is trying to deal with it?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

 

The initial denial of a problem by the Chinese authorities and gagging of whistle-blowers then the failure to impose travel restrictions during the their new year celebrations does not seem to me to be a great model for dealing with this virus.

 

They have changed since then their actions drastically.  And anyway, did any European country closed borders already?  Do you think the Italians are handling things correctly?:

 

Quote

What is your issue with the way the free world is trying to deal with it?

 

Trying to profit from high demand products.  For example hand sanitizer 100ml which usually costs 1€ in Rossman or DM is now 40€ plus postage for 2 bottles on eBay.   If things get bad the government won't intervene on this until it is probably too late.

 

 

Edit: There are already reports of supermarkets been emptied by the customers.  So definitely there is some panic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Krieg said:

... hand sanitizer 100ml which usually costs 1€ in Rossman or DM is now 40€ plus postage for 2 bottles on eBay. 

Which supports the theory that it is all about the money. Those Chinamen are clever when it comes to pulling the purse strings. It is the only thing that makes sense. Manipulation of the stock market. (Un)erwünschte Nebenwirkung: people making masks and disinfectant are laughing all the way to the bank.

 

Tip of the day: soap and warm water does the trick too.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, optimista said:

Tip of the day: soap and warm water does the trick too.

 

I can't carry my bathroom everywhere I go.

 

P.S., Warm water? Water is warm in the sink because of comfort.  But yes, washing your hands regularly is a good idea, if you can.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, optimista said:

Which supports the theory that it is all about the money. Those Chinamen are clever when it comes to pulling the purse strings. It is the only thing that makes sense. Manipulation of the stock market. (Un)erwünschte Nebenwirkung: people making masks and disinfectant are laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh come on! Not that bullshit conspiracy theory! The Chinese are coming out of this with a terrible reputation, they risk having millions of small firms bankrupt and they are pissed of with the government. And you have the stupid idea that some mask as disinfecting manufacturers are behind this?? Get real!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeMelga said:

Oh come on! Not that bullshit conspiracy theory! The Chinese are coming out of this with a terrible reputation, they risk having millions of small firms bankrupt and they are pissed of with the government. And you have the stupid idea that some mask as disinfecting manufacturers are behind this?? Get real!

 

On  top of that the Chinese are losing money massively.   We have already projects affected because factories in Shenzhen that are part of our production chain are now closed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Masks and disinfectant merchants peripheral carpet baggers. Read the words.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, optimista said:

Masks and disinfectant merchants peripheral carpet baggers. Read the words.

 

I did. They seem to be quite random. Are they supposed to mean something when strung together?

 

Sorry to break it to you, but your theory that this might be intentional on someone's part is as batshit insane as anything j²'s ever written on here.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you so persistently rude, aggressive and insulting?

Only you are allowed to have opinions and thoughts?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now