6,204 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Well, there's the problem right there.

 

 

People aren't flouting the rules or?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

People aren't flouting the rules or?

Judging from the 3 photos in the article, no, only the park in Berlin looked not so good but even there the camera angle made it difficult to determine how much space there was between people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

 

So no link, no argument.

 

 

I also must have missed your link where they say that this may break up the EU.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Judging from the 3 photos in the article, no, only the park in Berlin looked not so good but even there the camera angle made it difficult to determine how much space there was between people.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Around Frankfurt people seem to be adhering to the rules

 

good news article via CBC The National
 

Lessons to be learned from Germany’s handling of COVID-19

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krieg said:

Bolsonaro's Twitter account was blocked for the same reason.

 

P.S., I predict a coup in the next two weeks in Brazil.

Bolsonaro controls the army, there will be no coup, or at least no successful coup. Remember that Brazil is like Spain: the military placed a pseudo democratic regime upfront, but they are controlling from the back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeMelga said:

Bolsonaro controls the army, there will be no coup, or at least no successful coup. Remember that Brazil is like Spain: the military placed a pseudo democratic regime upfront, but they are controlling from the back.

 

The vice-president of Brazil is a general.  The military has been already talking to the vice about taking down Bolsonaro, because ... he is crazy.   Army, air force and navy told already Mourão they will support him if Bolsonaro is out of the equation.

 

P.S. I will remember this to come and show you how wrong you were,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I will remember this to come and show you how wrong you were...

Like "I told you so..." ?? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Krieg said:

 

The vice-president of Brazil is a general.  The military has been already talking to the vice about taking down Bolsonaro, because ... he is crazy.   Army, air force and navy told already Mourão they will support him if Bolsonaro is out of the equation.

 

P.S. I will remember this to come and show you how wrong you were,

No problem in admitting if I am wrong.

But for the military to intervene, it would be a huge shock in Brazil, as they don´t have the same recent history of coups as other south american countries.

The military haven´t done anything significant in the past 35 years, not even when the far left took over (Lula). Any intervention could be seen as a bad thing both from left and right, so I highly doubt it will happen.

Bolsonaro is just following his heroes, Trump and Boris, but at some point he will have to do as Trump and Boris did. Anybody talked about Boris or Trump being deposed by the army?

 

BTW, although being a (retired) military, Mourão is a Freemason, so this might have more to do with Freemasons taking power than military. On the other hand, Bolsonaro is more related with religious movements, in his case, Evangelics. This is the same confrontation as in Portugal: freemasons vs Opus Dei. Nothing to do with the army.

 

As with Portugal, governments usually try to balance support from those different organizations. Sometimes this goes off balance, like in 2005 in Portugal, where freemasons basically took over. At that point, almost 90% of the parliament was freemason!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is frightening. Concluding that they think it is airborne. It’s starting to look that way. They seemed to follow all the rules. Yes, the group rule was not followed, but let’s put it into perspective. Let’s say you are following all the rules on an S-Bahn. You can fit 60 people in there with social distancing. People are using sanitizer and covering their mouths and not hugging. Normal commute with fewer people. I find that scary. 

 

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak#null

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

This is frightening. Concluding that they think it is airborne. It’s starting to look that way. They seemed to follow all the rules. Yes, the group rule was not followed, but let’s put it into perspective. Let’s say you are following all the rules on an S-Bahn. You can fit 60 people in there with social distancing. People are using sanitizer and covering their mouths and not hugging. Normal commute with fewer people. I find that scary. 

 

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak#null

People opening their mouth and expelling air with great strength just shows droplets can infect others! The virus is most likely not airborne. And if it is, people spitting droplets is definitely NOT a proof.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

People opening their mouth and expelling air with great strength just shows droplets can infect others! The virus is most likely not airborne. And if it is, people spitting droplets is definitely NOT a proof.

 

 

Well, then they need to do a silent choir. Hey, I was just posting an article that I found interesting. People do talk in public, especially on mobiles, so it does have a tiny bit of weight. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

People opening their mouth and expelling air with great strength just shows droplets can infect others! The virus is most likely not airborne. And if it is, people spitting droplets is definitely NOT a proof.

 

 

Maybe you should have read the article before commenting on it.  It indeed says that singing projects more droplets and aerosols.   

 

Then maybe you would know that they say as well that a study suggests that the virus is aerosol for around 3 hours in the lab but for around half an hour in real life conditions.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keleth said:

I also must have missed your link where they say that this may break up the EU.

 

It is in the article, please also look at Macrons comments over the weekend.

 

This is a much bigger issue than Brexit.

 

Still, the French official said that President Emmanuel Macron believed that the crisis was a test for EU solidarity and that the bloc's future hinged on delivering it in this time of need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard on the radio, how easy you can get the virus:

Two people were sitting back to back in a canteen. One asked the other one for salt.

The salt and the virus were passed.

I think, it was Prof Drosten from the Charite who told this.

Conclusion: Even a grain of salt can be dangerous these days.

...and there are people who still use public transportation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Krieg said:

 

Maybe you should have read the article before commenting on it.  It indeed says that singing projects more droplets and aerosols.   

 

Then maybe you would know that they say as well that a study suggests that the virus is aerosol for around 3 hours in the lab but for around half an hour in real life conditions.

Then maybe they should use a better example than people expelling the virus on each other...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now