4,871 posts in this topic

Trump just went off on one about the EU again. We prevent the US selling us the best medical equipment in the world by daring to have "specifications" that do this.

He also started attacking a journalist for writing "fake news" again. He is taking the whole thing personally as usual.

The man is totally unhinged. How did he end up president?!

30 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Entertainment value.

2 hours ago, Rushrush said:

in other words doesn't matter what Trump says or does he'll never lose his base. Highly recommend her twitter feed

Problem is that part of his base are old people. At some point people will start dying in big numbers and after a few weeks of desperation, they might leave him.

Today's Italy data just shows we are at the peak or within 1-2 days.

m25.png.6bd656e235e36eea897e34293e6733cd

Daily deaths should be going down to meaningless in 5-12 days, but I need a few downward points to get more accurate.

If we take the worst case (12 days), this means a lockdown can reduce deaths within 4 weeks. Unsure how many more weeks needed after that to reduce lockdown controls.

Italy is showing that a complete lockdown works (in "x" weeks) and perhaps Germany can show that a partial lockdown works in a similar fashion.

German numbers are not so good, everybody is talking of some sort of miracle, but they are growing fast. Not as fast as Italy but still fast. In the 2 first weeks in Germany, deaths rose by 39% vs 48% in Italy. Germany's advantages is that it declared a partial lockdown before italy (relative to date of first death), it has more ventilators and it has Italy's experience to help.

In that case,Governor Patrick (R, Texas) isn't doing his crony Trump any favors by claiming that Grandmas (what about Grandpas?) will gladly give up their life-saving ventilators to younger patients. Trump had better reconsider recommending that ventilators be rationalisiert and start hoping that his too-credulous base doesn't do what he says, but do what the doctors say.

Are new triage questions going to include political preference?

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Sheeple can vote.

2 hours ago, katheliz said:

Are new triage questions going to include political preference?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Updated stats

7E2665E9-CA8B-4B43-AB33-84B61307E19E.jpeg

Notice the fast increase of cases in NYC: likely the result of a lot more daily tests. Germany’s number of cases is increasing but the curve is clearly flatter than in the other countries. The official death rate in Germany  is now 0.4%.

PS: I have my own predictive model for Italy and the results match Mikemelga’s. 

1 minute ago, robinson100 said:

- source?

the analysis is my own. The raw dataset was downloaded from data.world.

This is truly disgusting. I am glad he's dead.

FBI says man killed in Missouri wanted to bomb hospital amid coronavirus epidemic

A man suspected of plotting to blow up a Missouri hospital and was killed in a shootout with FBI agents was apparently frustrated with local government action to stop the spread of coronavirus, the FBI said Wednesday.

Timothy Wilson, 36, died Tuesday in Belton, Missouri, a suburb of Kansas City, after members of the FBI’s joint terrorism task force attempted to arrest him. The FBI says Wilson was the subject of a “months-long domestic terrorism investigation."

It’s not clear whether Wilson was wounded by FBI agents or if he died by suicide. Officials say he was armed and after being shot was taken to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. The incident will be investigated by the FBI's inspection division, standard procedure for shootings involving agents.

FBI officials describe Wilson as a potentially violent extremist known to express racial and religious hatred and antigovernment sentiment. They say that while under surveillance, Wilson wanted to commit an act of terrorism, specifically a bombing, and had considered several targets, including a school with a large population of black students, a synagogue and a mosque.

Where are all the dumbasses who like to casually talk nasty about refugees and Muslims now? Casual talk from you becomes deadly action from weak minds.

The thin layer of civilisation gets cracks:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1260495/Spain-coronavirus-oaps-la-linea

OAPs on coronavirus rescue bus attacked with stones by young thugs
Ambulances carrying pensioners with coronavirus came under attack from a gang of youths who stoned the vehicles in a scandalous attempt to stop the OAPs being moved to a safe home.
Spanish police had to intervene to end the ambush after the ambulance convoy was targeted. Two men were arrested after blocking an access road with their car to try to prevent the group of pensioners being taken to a residence in the town of La Linea near Gibraltar.
The ugly scenes came after the vulnerable group were applauded by locals earlier in the day to cheer up their spirits as they left another residence in Alcala del Valle 70 miles away following a deadly outbreak of Covid-19.
Around 60 youths converged on the residence in La Linea, called Tiempo Libre, which in English means Free Time, after police managed to get them inside.

Later on Molotov cocktails were thrown at police guarding the building.

3 hours ago, mtbiking said:

the analysis is my own. The raw dataset was downloaded from data.world.

I'm grateful to you guys for posting your analyses, since such trends especially of death rates aren't being officially released.

I've heard several times on DE TV that the UKs death rate will surpass Italy's very soon due to lack of NHS resources. But this looks not to be supported by your analysis above - correct?

These fucking morons. They think they get to decide what the world calls a medical phenomenon. Who dafuq are they?

G7 statement scrapped after U.S. insisted coronavirus be called "Wuhan virus"

Foreign ministers of the G7 countries failed to agree to a joint statement following a video conference Wednesday in part because the Trump administration insisted the statement refer to COVID-19 as the "Wuhan virus," Der Spiegel first reported and multiple U.S. outlets have confirmed.

Why it matters: The world's two most powerful countries are in a battle of narratives over the pandemic, with some in Beijing spreading disinformation about its origins and U.S. officials like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo increasingly blaming the Chinese government

I've been reading that some news outlets will start editing out the lies and misinformation in Trump's daily press conferences. They won't be showing the whole thing any more. We'll see. Of course, Fox isn't one of them.

12 minutes ago, dom said:

I'm grateful to you guys for posting your analyses, since such trends especially of death rates aren't being officially released.

I've heard several times on DE TV that the UKs death rate will surpass Italy's very soon due to lack of NHS resources. But this looks not to be supported by your analysis above - correct?

There is a website doing this here:  https://boogheta.github.io/coronavirus-countries/#deceased&places=Canada,France,Germany,Iran,Italy,Spain,USA,United%20Kingdom

By the way, France public sources have stated that their official death rate is low because they are not necessarily testing and including people who die at home or in nursing homes.

18 minutes ago, dom said:

Things don’t look good for the UK. They’re clearly a couple weeks behind but they’re having a difficulty comparable with Spain’s in diagnosing people (indicated by the third graph). The official cases underestimate the number of diseased and like in Spain they’re not catching up -> if it continues like this they’ll be overwhelmed. That’s an engineering lesson from China, SK and also Germany:  to actively control  something you better observe it.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I've been reading that some news outlets will start editing out the lies and misinformation in Trump's daily press conferences. They won't be showing the whole thing any more. We'll see. Of course, Fox isn't one of them.

Interesting! What outlets will be doing that?