4,884 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JG52 said:

Not for me, and I even have my adblocker turned on.

It`s one of those sites where you can only read a certain amount of articles in a specific timeframe or up comes the paywall.

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

683 deaths in Italy today. Clearly we are at the peak or already passed it.

agreed, and infections slow as well

deaths//per day hopfully will start  to decline, but there is still a lagg until the infections drops

@Metall's post about Evangeline Lilly reminds me of the old Burma Shave signs, of which this was one:

He was right, dead right, as he sped along.

Now he's just as dead as if he'd been dead wrong.

3 hours ago, MunichDesi said:

Here's an article on Germany's low death rate. Read and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate/2020/03/24/76ce18e4-6d05-11ea-a156-0048b62cdb51_story.html

Some of that is bollocks.

Bloke at work his sister got it 3 weeks ago and he was quarantined but was not tested and was told he wouldn`t be tested unless he had symptoms.

Then apparently (can`t 100% vouch this is true) he would be first tested for flu and if that negative then Corona.

15 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It`s one of those sites where you can only read a certain amount of articles in a specific timeframe or up comes the paywall.

you can get around that by clearing your cache, from settings

4 hours ago, yesterday said:

@klingklang77

I thought that

but click the free version and then or before disable your add blocker 

then you can read it as i did

Ah that worked! Facepalm.

29 minutes ago, jeba said:

In the midst of a crisis many people want to stick with the devil they know vs. the devil they don't know. Being a Negative Nelly isn't so kosher for some now. The taste for revolution has fizzled for the moment. But it will return.  🙂

26 minutes ago, jeba said:

Crazy

when the virus first went to the USA, he called it a hoax

He did nothing, the virus spread, then he starts to wake up, now it looks like its going to be a major problem, which unfortunately a lot of people may die.

The president main responsibility is to look after the health of the nation.

having failed on one of his prime responsibility how can he be so popular

Oh, plenty of people in the UK are talking about the 'leadership' being shown by the current buffoon there - I think the problem is as Beth says - there is a time and a place, and right now, people would prefer to support what they have, and at least in the UK the right words are now finally being said, so it is 'patriotic' to show support. The fact the dude is now responsible for potentially thousands of deaths is as nothing.

I agree, it's a shocker, but there you are.

The Trumpers will tell you that he didn't call the virus itself a hoax, he called it a hoax by the Democrats to keep him from being elected. They are right. I have watched the tape. Thing is a hoax is a hoax and that is what he said.

I just watched Boris' press conference and he is still lying and full of shit. Turned the hard questions to his two medical experts who are also buffoons and didn't clearly answer the questions. They are all British and very polite, though.

Ah. So even less excuse for people to rally behind him, then. I have to admit I haven't watched him directly through the whole debacle. 

3 hours ago, Metall said:

Actress refuses self quarantine in spite of being immunocompromised and living with immunocompromised father and two children.

shitheels gonna shitheel

yeet

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The Trumpers will tell you that he didn't call the virus itself a hoax, he called it a hoax by the Democrats to keep him from being elected. They are right. I have watched the tape. Thing is a hoax is a hoax and that is what he said.

I just watched Boris' press conference and he is still lying and full of shit. Turned the hard questions to his two medical experts who are also buffoons and didn't clearly answer the questions. They are all British and very polite, though.

No idea about the press conference - not watched  - but how do you know the two medical experts are also buffoons? I am not a doctor and you are not, either?

Polite British query!

😂

Because one of them recommended the herd immunity idea in the beginning which led to the UK and the NHS to not being prepared for the reality.

I watch these things first hand because I don't trust all of the perceptions posted on news sites.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Very long article but explains why, negative partisanship, in other words it's who hates the other side more. Democrats are highly motivated.She is predicting a 289 Electoral College votes for the Dems

Specifically she goes on to say

But Donald Trump does have one formidable asset to help his reelection prospects: political polarization and hyperpartisanship, which even in the face of a recession and potential fallout from COVID19 management will likely provide him with a steady and reliable base of support, preventing the type of erosion in approval ratings we saw in the second term of George W. Bush’s tenure.

in other words doesn't matter what Trump says or does he'll never lose his base. Highly recommend her twitter feed