4,872 posts in this topic

Just now, keith2011 said:

@Krieg

I'm still curious to know where the home is the state of which you described in an earlier post???

That would be in Colombia, but basically the situation in several South American countries is the same.

Unfortunately, this crisis came when most of South America had the worst presidents ever.

3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Unfortunately, this crisis came when most of South America had the worst presidents ever.

Some of North America, too.

17 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

@Krieg

I'm still curious to know where the home is the state of which you described in an earlier post???

My original home is also in South America. They have only a few CV cases but it will inevitably spread and there is not the infrastructure to deal with it.

Also they have other serious problems at the moment, including a recent case of election fraud and a billion-dollar offshore oil reservoir which everyone is fighting over (thus the election fraud). But that is a topic for a different thread.

Just now, arunadasi said:

I have a feeling Krieg doesn't give out this information. I have a suspicion that it's a South American country.

It has never been my intention to hide my nationality, I even know plenty of TTers in real life.   I just removed it from my profile and do not post it unnecessarily due to harassment I received in the past.

17 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

@Krieg

I deleted that remark. 

24 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I don’t mean to offend you, but if you do a search on landlords in Germany, there are many, many reports of bad landlords. There are bad tenants, too. But when you have a good tenant who pays the rent and doesn’t cause many problems, being treated like crap by a landlord sucks. 

there are but why are you singling out Krieg? 

I mean, if he were posting comments that led you to believe he was a bastard landlord, that would be one thing, but he hasn't done that here - or ever in my recollection.  It is pretty offensive whether you mean it to be or not - it's not his fault there are shitty landlords in the world.

1 hour ago, arunadasi said:

I went for a walk  around a lake with my daughter yesterday. There were no crowds. The only people I've seen in the last two weeks have been my two kids, my son in law and my granddaughter. I'm happy to stay at home and never get bored as I'm an unapologetic introvert. I have been out to go shopping but that's it. Last time, I wore gloves. I don't handle cash any more.

That said: I live with my son. He goes to work three times a week. It's not work that can be done at home. He takes care at work but his co-workers are less careful. Though there are no reported cases in my county to date, that will definitely change. I'm in the vulnerable group, 68 years old. He's 34. So we're going to have to make some rules.

As long as he is symptom-free, it will mean him stripping the moment he enters the flat,  having a long shower, putting all his clothes in the laundry. Using his own cutlery and glasses etc. If he gets symptoms we will both self-isolate. The moment one of the co-workers gets symptoms his workplace will close down.

We live in an apartment block, on the first floor. There are four (fire) doors to walk through, all of which are not self-opening and have metal handles to push or pull.

I'm going to be using my elbows in future, or taking cloths with me to open doors with. Same with opening my post box downstairs -- the postman will have touched it. Same with opening all my post.
I'm going to have to disinfect the car each time my son uses it.

A hundred things are popping into my mind. Anything else you can think of?

I have no problem with staying home either! Books to read, music ,  movies , hobbies, and plenty of time to use Skype, Face Time with family and friends.

I carry some vinyl gloves for shopping, and wipes in a bag to use for surfaces.

11 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I have no problem with staying home either! Books to read, music ,  movies , hobbies, and plenty of time to use Skype, Face Time with family and friends.

I carry some vinyl gloves for shopping, and wipes in a bag to use for surfaces.

Makes two of us, been very surprised at how much I've enjoyed this, thought for sure I'd be climbing the walls by now!

@lisa13

I didn’t mean it as a bad thing, and I have said that I didn’t mean to offend him. I can’t take back what I wrote, so this is the best that I can do. 

I am not singling him out. He just happened to be one post that I quoted. 

I honestly meant it as OK, you sound like a good landlord, so don’t turn bad. That was all. 

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

to no one in particular: please, please,

please please please,

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please 

STOP

posting videos with conspiracy theories.  On this thread, or ANYWHERE!  PLEASE!

NO ONE is interested.

NO ONE is grateful for the "information".

MOST PEOPLE question the sanity of those who post them.

Please.  Please, stop.

On 3/15/2020, 3:37:45, dessa_dangerous said:

Well, after watching murphaph's video showing the truck going around the streets in some beach town informing everyone they must stay indoors, and reading kato's posts about localized decrees against gatherings of dozens of people, it led me a bit down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.  One person I know has taken an incredibly causal attitude the whole thing, saying, "what do you think they're REALLY distracting us from?" and I'm like, uh... not this time, dude.  

But since nothing o'clock in the night last night I decided to adopt a cool conspiracy theory (since I don't have any pets) and decided the coolest conspiracy would be this is all a big action to slow down the effects of climate change.  The limit on travel will have a devastating economical effect, but on the upside (?) we're emitted a LOT less CO2.

Anyone else have any just-for-fun conspiracy theories?  (For the record, I don't actually believe mine, but it tickled to think about it.)

Are, just-for-fun-conspiracy-theories-that-don't-contain-video, still ok?  ;) 

well, not to be too pessimistic, if a lot of people die, there will not be the demand for property that there once was - In that situation a large number of properties come on to the market, and then rents should fall.

@klingklang77 I can recall a guy telling me "you seem cool but I just want to be clear, if we end up dating you better not get pregnant then try to trap me in marriage or put me on the hook for child support"

the mind reels.

no we didn't end up dating ;)

May I suggest you don't quote people when you have something like that to say? It's bad enough to lump all people of a certain group together according to the deeds of the worst among them, but much worse when you lay that at the feet of a single person.  

We just got back from the grocery store Aldi, Lidl and Kaufland, we could not believe the number of people wearing a mask, gloves, and safety glasses.

Time to pull the big guns.

2 minutes ago, yesterday said:

well, not to be too pessimistic, if a lot of people die, there will not be the demand for property that there once was - In that situation a large number of properties come on to the market, and then rents should fall.

This is exactly what happened with heavy Airbnb cities, the number of long term rents has exploded!
Very glad when our tenant moved out we decided against doing the airbnb thingy

11 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Are, just-for-fun-conspiracy-theories-that-don't-contain-video, still ok?  ;) 

In the other thread perhaps, but not here.

2 minutes ago, pappnase said:

In the other thread perhaps, but not here.

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

STOP

posting videos with conspiracy theories.  On this thread, or ANYWHERE!  PLEASE!

:lol:

Just now, hellfire99 said:

:lol:

Seriously?  you are "proving her wrong" with a post from 8 days ago.    Like this crappy situation is not changing and escalating very fast.      

Just now, Krieg said:

Seriously?  you are "proving her wrong" with a post from 8 days ago.    Like this crappy situation is not changing and escalating very fast.      

Which is all the more reason to maintain a sense of humor. 

Now, carry on, please!