Cholesterol values - question for the Doctors

185 posts in this topic

It seems you are doing HIIT.   Are you overweighted?  if not why are you doing it?   And are you already really fit?  I think you are around my age, so we are not so young anymore, if you were sedentary for long time going straight to HIIT is not really a good idea.

PS. The weather should be better in a couple of weeks, so cycling outside (while ENJOYING IT) is not that far anymore.   This is the first winter in 20 years that I am really frustrated with the weather, I blame the stupid Corona.

3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

It seems you are doing HIIT.   Are you overweighted?  if not why are you doing it?   And are you already really fit?  I think you are around my age, so we are not so young anymore, if you were sedentary for long time going straight to HIIT is not really a good idea.

PS. The weather should be better in a couple of weeks, so cycling outside (while ENJOYING IT) is not that far anymore.   This is the first winter in 20 years that I am really frustrated with the weather, I blame the stupid Corona.

Not sure if it is really HIIT. I regard HIIT as 30 secs on and 30 secs off where my output power goes over 400 Watts for the 30 secs.

When I started this in July last year, i was 87kg, now I am 72.5kg. I wouldn`t say I am very fit but am fitter than were I was last year.

I am just surprise that taking a few days off can really cause a high heart rate.

22 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Not sure if it is really HIIT. I regard HIIT as 30 secs on and 30 secs off where my output power goes over 400 Watts for the 30 secs.

When I started this in July last year, i was 87kg, now I am 72.5kg. I wouldn`t say I am very fit but am fitter than were I was last year.

I am just surprise that taking a few days off can really cause a high heart rate.

How long had you been managing the 159 heart rate before you took the three days break?

Some people need to have been doing something a long time before their body decides that is the new norm.

I was cycling quite a bit over the summer for about 60 minutes in the mornings. I went through a phase of never getting any further if I took any days off that. Mostly due to bad weather.

Small hills I'd had no trouble with 4 or 5 days before were taking more effort, but after 3 or 4 days it was back to being easy again. It gets more complicated if you have an underlying health condition that can get in the way or you end up homeschooling etc.

33 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

How long had you been managing the 159 heart rate before you took the three days break?

Some people need to have been doing something a long time before their body decides that is the new norm.

I was cycling quite a bit over the summer for about 60 minutes in the mornings. I went through a phase of never getting any further if I took any days off that. Mostly due to bad weather.

Small hills I'd had no trouble with 4 or 5 days before were taking more effort, but after 3 or 4 days it was back to being easy again. It gets more complicated if you have an underlying health condition that can get in the way or you end up homeschooling etc.

Put it this way, last time I reached 180 bpm was in December, last time I reached 190 was in September when i was overweight.

I normally train in the 150 - 160 range.

I only took a break because the lactic acid build up in my legs was too painful to continue, legs are fine but my cardio system has gone haywire.