Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coin collectors

9 posts in this topic

Wasnt sure where to post this, so I created a new topic... 

Last night I was short changed by 8cts!!    But once I realised how this happened it got me thinging, was I short changed.?

Instead of getting a 10ct in my change, I actually got a "gold coloured" 2ct coin.. 

Obviously this is either a fake ( I doubt it) or its an incorrectly struck coin... 

So, what does this coin actually have as a collectors value?

coins.jpg

Hey, @SpiderPig, you want to ask the folks here. They have always been really quick with an answer and their answers are normally accurate. They can have a rollicking good debate about things, too. I don't see any reference to it anywhere, so you may have quite some unicorn. I don't collect current coins or I'd venture an offer. Most of my collection is defunct currency and Victoria coinage with a bit of ancient thrown in for fun.

Okay, so it is like the 2 cent piece, the gold coins are not magnetic.  So it must have got a funny colour by some other way.

If it is ferromagnetic, it is just a plain copper coin that somebody galvanized.

So it isn't actually worth the 2ct anymore.

23 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

How to turn a copper penny golden

I am afraid someone forgot to turn tue money back to normal.

Exactly, I remember having done that in a school project...

This was stopped at that school after one parent (working for a bank) pointed out that this is legally a very grey area and that this could lead to trouble.