Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Niederlasungserlaubnis 10 weeks after emailing ABH, no response.

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So 10 weeks ago I submitted my application via email to the ABH in Berlin (the one that handles blue card holder requests.)  I didn't get an auto-reply so I emailed them asking if they had received it.  They said they had and it would be worked on in the order it was received.  My partner who is german said the tone of the letter implied I should not email them again with questions.

If by chance, any of you have submitted a similar request since early November and have already received the appointment date, I'd be super interested in hearing from you.  I'm really concerned the application has gotten lost. 

Also, if anybody can provide me with some comparative time lines or stories from their own emailed application for the Niederlasungserlaubnis, I'd appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, grulix said:

I'm really concerned the application has gotten lost. 

The receipt was confirmed. Sorry, but 10 weeks isn't very long for an overloaded Berlin office. 

16 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

The receipt was confirmed. Sorry, but 10 weeks isn't very long for an overloaded Berlin office. 

I have friends who applied last Feb and completed the process within 6 weeks.  Which is why I was concerned.  You're right though, the receipt was confirmed.  I just have to wait it out.

15 minutes ago, grulix said:

I have friends who applied last Feb and completed the process within 6 weeks.  

From Christmas onwards there is even less activity in the administrations than usual, holiday time.