Who makes a decision about granting Niederlassungserlaubnis?

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

recently  I have submitted  the documents for Niederlassungserlaubnis

I asked the  women who  collected my  all documents what will be next?  She said to me that within 2 - 4 weeks I will get a letter per post with PINs to my card and after that I should go to ABH an collect my permanent residence permit.

Does it mean that my submission was successfully and i definitely get my permanent residence permit?  

or my documents will reviewed on more time and only then the decision will be made?

I mean, does  someone know on this Forum who decides about granting or not granting the residence permit -  the person ( clerk ) who accepts your submission and documents or maybe someone else (other person, special department etc.)?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

17 minutes ago, vaonba said:

Good questions, @OlegZ. I'm curious about the answers too.

What exactly is the point of knowing who is handling your application? Whatever the case may be, this is done by a clerk, not necessarily the same person who receives your application. 

8 hours ago, OlegZ said:

Does it mean that my submission was successfully and i definitely get my permanent residence permit?  

No, it just means you have to wait 2-4 weeks for the letter. You only know that you will get the NE when you are told that you can pick it up. 

However, if all the conditions are met and all the necessary information has been provided correctly, there is nothing to prevent this. Don't go crazy and just wait for the letter.

23 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

What exactly is the point of knowing who is handling your application? Whatever the case may be, this is done by a clerk, not necessarily the same person who receives your application. 

No, it just means you have to wait 2-4 weeks for the letter. You only know that you will get the NE when you are told that you can pick it up. 

However, if all the conditions are met and all the necessary information has been provided correctly, there is nothing to prevent this. Don't go crazy and just wait for the letter.

I am curious because  my submission was not smooth.  My work contract was limited, therefore some questions from the person who collected the documents have been arisen.

I explained my situation and  brought the  letter from my сhief  that I would have the job after my current contract. And this women accepted all documents.

So If she makes a decision, I guess I will get the Permit because they were no more questions from her side.

If  the someoneelse should make a decision, the same questions could be arisen...because my application is not a standard due to the limited work contract.

About the  letter, she told me that I would get the  letter with PINs to my card within 2-4 weeks and this would mean that my card is ready. 

When I applied for my Blue Card the procedure was the same -  the women collected all documents and I got a letter within 3 weeks and picked up my card.

So I am wondering if the decision is made by the person who accepts the documents?

Normally for all such things then it works as follows;

The Beamter you deal with is responsible for ensuring that your application meets all the criteria for submission.  That you ticked all boxes, that all forms are filled, that any photos provided are of you and not of the grumpy cute cat from the internet etc.

They know how many applications get accepted and what to look for in terms of issues.  At the time of submission they have a good idea if it will be successful or not, based on their experience and hence give you an answer based on this. 

The application is then submitted to the back-office.  The back-office Beamter(s) will then double check everything is correct and perform deeper background checks to verify the data you enter and look for other issues.  They will contact other government agencies, Police, any foreign agencies etc. as required (depending on what you are applying for).

If everything is fine then it will be approved.  If there is an issue then either you get asked to clarify, provide more documents, or it gets escalated up the chain to somebody who makes a decision.

So the front-line Beamter does not make the final decision in such cases, but has a 95% idea if you are likely to be successful or not.

So don't sweat the details.  The situation looks good (as long as you have been truthful in your application!), don't expect any problems, but don't assume just yet that it is done and dusted.

6 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Normally for all such things then it works as follows;

The Beamter you deal with is responsible for ensuring that your application meets all the criteria for submission.  That you ticked all boxes, that all forms are filled, that any photos provided are of you and not of the grumpy cute cat from the internet etc.

They know how many applications get accepted and what to look for in terms of issues.  At the time of submission they have a good idea if it will be successful or not, based on their experience and hence give you an answer based on this. 

The application is then submitted to the back-office.  The back-office Beamter(s) will then double check everything is correct and perform deeper background checks to verify the data you enter and look for other issues.  They will contact other government agencies, Police, any foreign agencies etc. as required (depending on what you are applying for).

If everything is fine then it will be approved.  If there is an issue then either you get asked to clarify, provide more documents, or it gets escalated up the chain to somebody who makes a decision.

So the front-line Beamter does not make the final decision in such cases, but has a 95% idea if you are likely to be successful or not.

So don't sweat the details.  The situation looks good (as long as you have been truthful in your application!), don't expect any problems, but don't assume just yet that it is done and dusted.

The perfect answer!!! :)