Is Prince Harry revolting?

382 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think that he was born a prince and always will be one. I've never heard of a prince being un-princed. Maybe he will change his name to Harry Markle. :rolleyes: It's probably the Duke and Duchess titles to which the queen is referring which they probably give fuck all about.

I will defer to one of the clever Brits, of course.

In any event, a true love story.

He is still a Prince, but no longer can use the title HRH. The Dukedom  was bestowed by the Queen and seems they will keep that.

and what happens when Willy and the kids take a tunnel? :)   (too soon?)

They are not in danger... unless the IRA objects again... Charles has more to worry about.

"The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles". Read the words carefully. They have not actually been stripped of their titles, they just won't use them. For now. And expressing a desire to repay the couple of million refurbishment costs for Frogmore is not the same as actually paying back the money. :lol:

12 hours ago, tor said:

and what happens when Willy and the kids take a tunnel? :)   (too soon?)

If something happened to Charles, William and all 3 kids and Harry refused to be King, they'd have to look for the next in line which I guess would be Prince Andrew :lol:

11 minutes ago, optimista said:

repay the couple of million refurbishment costs for Frogmore is not the same as actually paying back the money.

How so? That is what the naysayers are complaining about the most. Now one less bitching point.

Just now, optimista said:

No. It's Archie Harrison. Andrew comes in 8th.

True but if Harry were to refuse becoming King, do you think he'd agree for his minor son to be?  He'd be back on royal duty again to accompany him.  

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

37 minutes ago,  optimista said: 

repay the couple of million refurbishment costs for Frogmore is not the same as actually paying back the money.

How so? That is what the naysayers are complaining about the most. Now one less bitching point.

the quote from optimista left out the beginning part "express the desire to".  I think he's saying that expressing the desire to repay isn't the same as actually doing it.  I didn't think of it that way, but it is a subtle difference.

In March, the pair moved out of Kensington Palace and into Frogmore Cottage, just ahead of baby Archie's arrival in May. According to their website, they chose that location because their previous residence, Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace, “could not accommodate their growing family."

Fucking hell Nottingham Cottage

They have 1 kid ?

Nottingham Cottage has two bedrooms and two reception rooms, with a bathroom and small garden. It is 1,324 square feet (123.0 m2) in size.

That's pretty small by Ami standards not to mention royalty. And when they have the 2nd or 3rd child?

If it really is that small, the question arises why the took it in the first place and even want to keep it as a domicile when they visit. 

2 hours ago, bramble said:

If it really is that small, the question arises why the took it in the first place and even want to keep it as a domicile when they visit. 

Nottingham Cottage is the smaller abode and it's where Harry lived as a bachelor.  The queen gave them Frogmore because it's bigger and that's the place they renovated.  It will remain as their British home.

Gotta love calling it Frogmore Cottage (with 4 bedrooms and a nursery).  But then to an American a cottage designates something quite tiny. :D

1 minute ago, BethAnnBitt said:

But then to an American a cottage designates something quite tiny. :D

Yes... and fanny means something different too!

2 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Gotta love calling it Frogmore Cottage (with 4 bedrooms and a nursery).  But then to an American a cottage designates something quite tiny. :D

Also for normal Brits a cottage is a small dwelling :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottage  But for royalty there are different dimensions.

:D  OK, well I learned something new there SP.  And we Americans use that term often with such endearment sometimes, especially with kids, like "hey - get your little fanny off that chair please".  Now I feel so sullied.  :D