Is Prince Harry revolting?

237 posts in this topic

Ahh, yes, Samantha Markle, sporting two divorces, bankruptcies, estrangement from all of her own children and everyone else in the family, is 100% the kind of person J2 sees as the final arbiter. People with sense, not so much.

18 hours ago, emkay said:

Just curious, do other European royals face the same treatment by their country's media?

Although the Windors are very much figureheads without real power, the other european royal families are even less powerful and in some cases are more or less indistinguishable from the plebs.  The get correspondingly less criticism, but of course they are still celebs so are under the spotlight.

Whether thats good or not is a matter of opinion.  The british royals have huge benefits, massive amounts of money etc but pay for that through the usual costs of fame (plus a bit of republican hatred for them based on their titles).

For the royals themselves there is an argument that this is foisted upon them and they dont get a chance to say thats not the life they want, but you can hardly claim that for people who marry in.

26 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Ahh, yes, Samantha Markle, sporting two divorces, bankruptcies, estrangement from all of her own children and everyone else in the family, is 100% the kind of person J2 sees as the final arbiter. People with sense, not so much.

So Alextr is herself now "the final arbiter" with sense? Oh dear.

2 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

For the royals themselves there is an argument that this is foisted upon them and they dont get a chance to say thats not the life they want, but you can hardly claim that for people who marry in.

If you look into British history it is a wonder that we still have one. The last great Queen, Victoria, was a bit of a  moody old bag who drove Albert her pretty decent husband, to an early grave. He achieved many things, being German he made alliances with other European royal houses. Historians believe of he'd lived longer his diplomacy may have prevented World War I which destroyed almost all of the other European houses. Anyone who is a Downton Abbey fan will see how these amazing old buildings (such as Highclere Castle which stands in for Downton) could not survive the passage of history into the modern era. 

Just now, jeremytwo said:

If you look into British history it is a wonder that we still have one.

We dont in any meaningful way.  The royals gave up their power ages ago and are now essentially just a PR team helping to sell tourism to americans.

58 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Those who defended this somewhat immature woman may wish to reconsider.

This is rubbish. I wouldn't want this toxic woman (Samantha) in my life either.  Besides, she's 17 years older than Meghan, has a different mother,  so they hardly grew up with each other. This woman is trying to cash in on the publicity. 

In late 2018, media – citing police sources – reported that Grant had been placed on a watch list maintained by the Fixated Threat Assessment Centre of persons exhibiting signs of obsession with members of the Royal Family.[38][39] Markle responded to the news by denying that she was obsessed with the Duchess of Sussex and tweeting that the purported listing was "a British media attempt at silencing me".[39] In August 2019, her Twitter account was suspended. Later in October, it was reported that she was under investigation by the Polk County Sheriff's Department following multiple allegations of cyberbullying.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex#Samantha_Markle

Her half-brother doesn't seem to be much better either.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex#Thomas_Markle_Jr.

13 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

So Alextr is herself now "the final arbiter" with sense? Oh dear.

Nope, just demonstrating the (ever-present) fallacy in your post. But you keep going. I have time to encourage your shame spiral today.

21 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

We dont in any meaningful way.  The royals gave up their power ages ago and are now essentially just a PR team helping to sell tourism to americans.

Not true. The Queen is the head of the Crown Corporation of London. The contract between the royals and the commoners is still in effect. You still have a House of Lords and A House of Commons. Originally it was only the Lords. This is what we did to the last King who thought he was a God:

Brilliant acting by Richard Harris and Alec Guinness.

22 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Not true. The Queen is the head of the Crown Corporation of London

Your right that`s not true.

1 hour ago, zwiebelfisch said:

For personal reasons I'm having a hard week and find this whole soap opera to be a harmless diversion.  😂  It  has even become amusing to watch Brits slugging it out on this stuff.  😂. Unfortunately right now we Americans have more pressing items to fight with each other about.  😏  

So yesterday I had tea with an Anglo expat group who all live just across the border from Konstanz in Switzerland.  I asked one sweet elderly woman "so what do you think of this Harry & Meghan stuff?".  She instantly shot back "What?  I'm Scottish.  I hate those royals."  And more of the Scots chimed in.  😂

3 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It  has even become amusing to watch Brits slugging it out on this stuff.

It`s not really the people though it`s just the bloody media,I think a great % of the population don`t care.

2 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It`s not really the people though it`s just the bloody media,I think a great % of the population don`t care.

Seems to be a pretty good slugfest here on TT.  :D

20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Are Cutting Off Royal Reporters

Just a sampling:

royal_bump.JPG.0da3de5906d69b4f1622802b2

royal_avocado.JPG.a6583ff1ce0875ea9afa4c

Of course, the fact that she's American (and mixed-race) is totally irrelevant, right? RIGHT?

If I were Prince Harry, I'd tell the "royal reporters" to royally fuck themselves, preferably with a rusty sceptre (or other accoutrement of his choice).

Just now, El Jeffo said:

Of course, the fact that she's American (and mixed-race) is totally irrelevant, right? RIGHT?

Yes, of course.  If you knew the first thing about the royals youd know that thats irrelevant. Its more of a concern whether or not she is a catholic.

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Yes absolutely it is. Sarah Ferguson had a very rough time with the press. Accusing Brits of being racist may have had an element of truth 30 years ago when Asians and Jamaicans began to be more prominent in British life, but no today at all.

7 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Yes, of course.  If you knew the first thing about the royals youd know that thats irrelevant. Its more of a concern whether or not she is a catholic.

Poor Jeff, coming from a country without a monarchy, history and traditions. Got any bubble gum Jeff? Ladies tights?

"My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life..."

Seem to remember similar noises of support being made after Diana, Queen of Hearts, did her dirty washing on Panorama.

If we want to extrapolate between the lines, we may wonder if the young family will ever become more than just that.:ph34r:

11 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

... its more of a concern whether or not she is a catholic.

Or Muslim. (Remember those reports in the French press which never made it across the Channel - bizarrely - about Diana being pregnant at the time of her demise?)

On 13.1.2020, 11:22:31, yesterday said:

But I do not believe the UK press will leave him and his family alone from now on. He is an important royal and as such the UK press will follow his life, report any decisions he makes good or bad and continue to take/publish photos of him and his family. 

...and if nothing much happens will make things up.

I recall back in the mid 1960s when we first spent some time in Germany how the German press continually printed rubbish about proncess Margret.

However, the Britich media learnt from them & take it a stage further.

21 hours ago, yesterday said:

I can still remember sarah ferguson, being called the "duchess of pork" in the 80's or 90's, after having put on a bit of weight.

Given that so many people in the UK (& elsewhere) are seriously overweight, that was a bit rich.

19 hours ago, bramble said:

Wasn't there also some speculation that Meghan was faking her pregnancy? Where on earth does all this hateful stuff come from? 

See above: "...and if nothing much happens will make things up.".  Point proven.

46 minutes ago, optimista said:

Seem to remember similar noises of support being made after Diana, Queen of Hearts, did her dirty washing on Panorama.

You might wish to watch Christopher Hitchens (RIP) docu on Diana's death and the hysteria afterwards. Some of the younger ones here won't remember the utter insanity of Dianamania. 

Tony Bliar, Diana, post-Thatcher Britain was a unique time.