Is Prince Harry revolting?

237 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

They are hardly going to end up living under a bridge.  They are two of the most wealthy and privileged people in the world.

 

Though it is thought they have about 34 million, it would not last long with their lifestyle.  Her wedding dress was 500,000 GBP.  They will want the pay of celebrities, but without the royal image back up this could be tricky.  But hey, talentless youtube influences do it, so I guess they can too.  Harry did some really good stuff helping disabled servicemen, but it really does not pay the amount he is used to.  If it did, it would be obscene as the disabled veterans do not get much.  Red poppies or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowingagain said:

They will want the pay of celebrities,

 

They are celebs.  She is a (still active) actress, he is a literal prince. In a few year he will be the kings brother, how much do you think thats worth?  How many books can he sell, how much would a company give him to be the face of their product.

 

And lets say it all goes to shit, you think the royals will let him end up collecting bottles for Pfand?  He has a huge safety net, whatever he says or does he can always go back because his family cannot afford for him to end up needing money.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tor said:

Megxit

 

Oh how original.

 

Nobody knows how much money they currently have yet everyone knows they will continue earning. Anyone could live off of the interest/dividends quite nice with no extra income.

 

Imagine being born with all of the controls/expectations that Harry has. Unthinkable.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

They are celebs.  She is a (still active) actress, he is a literal prince. In a few year he will be the kings brother, how much do you think thats worth?  How many books can he sell, how much would a company give him to be the face of their product.

 

And lets say it all goes to shit, you think the royals will let him end up collecting bottles for Pfand?  He has a huge safety net, whatever he says or does he can always go back because his family cannot afford for him to end up needing money.

 

 

 

Absolutely. Even if between them they have literally no marketable skills, then they would be fine just because of who they are  - there is no 'without the royal image' - they are still going to be undertaking royal, or public duties when required. This seems very clear from the statements which have been made.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

and money.

 

Lots of rich kids and not rich kids born with huge expectations placed on them. It's a major stress and leads to feeling not good enough whether big money is involved or not.

 

I applaud Harry for protecting his wife and son and future children from what his mother went through. Not an easy decision to make.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

and money.

I bet he would rather a tenner in the bank and a Mum to call, cuddle and laugh with... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Megxit signed a voice over deal with Disney and all her profits will go to elephants in Africa...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tor said:

Apparently Megxit signed a voice over deal with Disney and all her profits will go to elephants in Africa...

 

Yes, as I said 2 hours ago.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry , i don't really read all the posts. I just pop in to dispense my pearls of wisdom :) lol

 

now, who is this balticus person? haha

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiplette said:

 

 

Absolutely. Even if between them they have literally no marketable skills, then they would be fine just because of who they are  - there is no 'without the royal image' - they are still going to be undertaking royal, or public duties when required. This seems very clear from the statements which have been made.

 

You cannot be a part-time royal.

 

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

 

Lots of rich kids and not rich kids born with huge expectations placed on them. It's a major stress and leads to feeling not good enough whether big money is involved or not.

 

I applaud Harry for protecting his wife and son and future children from what his mother went through. Not an easy decision to make.

 

Prince William also suffered and protects his wife and children in the UK without stepping back from his royal duties. 

 

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

In case anyone missed it, Meghan has signed a contract with Disney to do a voice over provided that her money goes to Elephants Without Borders charity. Doesn't look like she is hurting for money.

 

This is why our royals cannot take on a paid position because we expect them to do charitable work and be patrons of various charitable organisations. We also expect them to let us have an insight into their lives. See how Prince William and Catherine share details of the birth of their children, christenings, first day at the Kindergarten etc. You cannot take public money and then exclude the public from your life.

 

It is not possible to be a part-time royal, it is like having your cake and eating it.  That the Royal family will agree to the Queen ‘s great grandson being brought up outside the UK is hard to believe even if Prince Harry renounces all his titles and royal income.

 

I feel sorry for the baby. Will he have to go to Nursery School from January –June in Canada and then July-December in England. Will he ever have real friends when he spends six months of the year in another country or just hangers on?      

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for Harry I must admit.

Lost my mum about 10 years ago which is bad enough but losing your mum at such a young age as him and being constantly reminded about it by the press daily has to be hard to handle.

 

I`ve always been ambivalent about the Royal Family yer they cost about 80m a year to taxpayers but who actually believes if they were abolished that that 80m would be spent somewhere useful and not just swallowed up by the Treasury just like the sugar tax .

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tor said:

sorry , i don't really read all the posts. I just pop in to dispense my pearls of wisdom :) lol

You do have some gems sometimes.  So all is forgiven.  :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

 

You cannot be a part-time royal.

 

This is why our royals cannot take on a paid position because we expect them to do charitable work and be patrons of various charitable organisations. 

 

You cannot take public money and then exclude the public from your life.

 

It is not possible to be a part-time royal, it is like having your cake and eating it.  

 

I feel sorry for the baby. Will he have to go to Nursery School from January –June in Canada and then July-December in England. Will he ever have real friends when he spends six months of the year in another country or just hangers on?      

 

There are royals who do other stuff and then turn up to public events and wave along with the rest. What's the problem?

 

It may very well be absolutely possible for a royal to spend part of their time fulfilling public duties and part of it doing something which generates private income. Prince Charles' Duchy Estates are profitable and make money which the tax payer is then not directly paying to the Royal Family.

 

Huge numbers of people have paid work in a variety of sectors but lend their time/influence/energy to charities most effectively. 

 

They will be taking crown money to undertake public duties - in effect a sort of claim system, which is completely normal.

 

They will always be who they are, for sure, but they do not have to be working for the crown full-time.

 

Many people with lives involving service to their country have lives with feet in more than one place. They will manage. Probably not 6 months in a row in one place and 6 in another. The issue of sustainability and their lifestyle may be difficult to reconcile.

 

Do any of them have real friends rather than just hangers-on? Very hard to tell, I imagine.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

That the Royal family will agree to the Queen ‘s great grandson being brought up outside the UK is hard to believe even if ...

I am only British by ancestry.  So my opinions about whether or not you folks should or should not pay for the monarchy and what you expect of them are immaterial.  But I don't really get why the Royal family should have any say as to where Archie's brought up.  They don't own him.  And he is 1/2 American.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

Prince William also suffered and protects his wife and children in the UK without stepping back from his royal duties. 

 

I knew this whataboutism would show up sooner or later. I wonder how many times Harry has heard, "Why can't you be more like your brother?" That's another thing that messes up kids. They are two separate people. Think about Elizabeth and Margaret, for example.

 

ETA - I forgot to mention that William will be the king. That makes a difference.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I am only British by ancestry.  So my opinions about whether or not you folks should or should not pay for the monarchy and what you expect of them are immaterial.  But I don't really get why the Royal family should have any say as to where Archie's brought up.  They don't own him.  And he is 1/2 American.

Yer let`s not let those descendents of Germans grow up anywhere else but the UK.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now