Is Prince Harry revolting?

452 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I wonder how many of them are on TT...

Oh, now, come on. You know most of our resident racists aren't smart enough for that.

Meghan and Harry are apparently going to be receiving a human rights award from the Robert F. Kennedy Foundation for accusing the royal family of racism, aka taking a “heroic stand” against “structural racism within the institution” of the monarchy. Another of the recipients is Volodymyr Zelensky.

Robert F Kennedy’s daughter Kerry explains why Harry and Meghan will receive prestigious human rights award

I thought that Meghan and Harry were sly in the Oprah interview, making serious accusations of racism without saying what exactly was said and by whom. This left it to people's imaginations and people naturally will think the worst. This suggests to me that whatever was said was not as serious as calling it racism and leaving it unsaid would imply. If the royal family were racist, as opposed to perhaps naturally curious about who new babies would take after, as mixed race couples have been known to be themselves when expecting a baby, they wouldn't have welcomed Meghan into the family and walked her down the aisle in a lavish wedding.

In an article in the US magazine The Cut in late August 2022, Meghan accused the British press of calling her children the N word (no word of whether she reported this to police; it would seem to be a hate crime) and again implied that the royals are racist. The journalist is reportedly now on unpaid leave.

Meghan of Montecito: She’s left the Firm behind. Harry’s found a polo team in Santa Barbara. The kids are doing great. Now she’s ready for her next act.

... Meghan was permitted to join Harry, Kate, and Will on a preexisting account, @KensingtonRoyal, that she had no control over. “There’s literally a structure by which if you want to release photos of your child, as a member of the family, you first have to give them to the Royal Rota,” the U.K. media pool, she explains. Usually, the photos would be on media outlets before she could post them herself. That didn’t sit right with Meghan, given her strained relationship with the British tabloids (“Harry’s girl is [almost] straight outta Compton” is how the Daily Mail introduced her to the British public), and especially since she would soon have a child of her own to protect. “Why would I give the very people that are calling my children the N-word a photo of my child before I can share it with the people that love my child?” she asks, still ruffled. “You tell me how that makes sense and then I’ll play that game.”

... They also thought it best to leave the U.K. (and the U.K. press) to do it. They were willing to go to basically any commonwealth, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, anywhere. “Anything to just … because just by existing, we were upsetting the dynamic of the hierarchy. So we go, ‘Okay, fine, let’s get out of here. Happy to,’ ” she says, putting her hands up in mock defeat. Meghan asserts that what they were asking for wasn’t “reinventing the wheel” and lists a handful of princes and princesses and dukes who have the very arrangement they wanted. “That, for whatever reason, is not something that we were allowed to do, even though several other members of the family do that exact thing.”

Why do you think that is? I ask.

“Why do you think that is?” she says right back with a side-eye that suggests I should understand without having to be told. ...

Claims Meghan's 'fury' over her portrayal in The Cut piece forced journalist onto unpaid leave

I watched the first 3 episodes of Harry and Meghan on Netflix yesterday. It was very informative and well made. They didn't trash the royal family at all in my view. Looking forward to the final 3 episodes next Thursday. 

The Royal Rota was well explained pretty matter-of-factly.

Just ran across this in an article -

The first three episodes of the series lay out how the story unfolded from their perspective. Much of the blame is placed upon the Royal Rota and the system that allows them to praise and abuse the family all in the same week. It’s a baffling way to stay in the public eye and one that doesn’t seem to be particularly healthy for the women who join the family. Even if the royal family doesn’t agree with how Harry and Meghan are sharing their story, the onus now falls on Charles to modernize the monarchy and do away with the Royal Rota which has far too much power.

From the BBC's rolling coverage of the last three episodes of the Netflix series. Wonder if there will be complaints at the reporter not remaining neutral.

16:22

Meghan delivers wedding speech as series ends

ce71a0b4-1471-45d7-af0e-72e439bb68a1.jpg

Steven McIntosh

Entertainment Reporter

Meghan wraps the series up by delivering a speech she gave on the night of their wedding, which she notes is "atypical for a bride in the UK".

"Let's call this a modern fairytale," Meghan reads from her original speech. "This is the love story of a boy and a girl who are meant to be together."

Unfortunately the BBC first aid kit on our floor has run out of sick bags, so we won't reproduce the speech in its entirety here. But it ends with the words: "Above all, love wins."

The final credits roll, to the soundtrack of Nancy Wilson's (You Don't Know) How Glad I Am.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-63975671

The media is covering the Netflix series just like they have always covered Meghan.

I wish more people would watch it before commenting or, even worse, sharing/believing media comments.

The wedding poem was relevant in the context of the show.

Not planned.. it was solmewherec there when I was YouTubing a few minutes ago. 8 European Monarchies which no longer exist!

Edit: eyedrops working! Somewhere is better than solmewherec😂

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

The media is covering the Netflix series just like they have always covered Meghan.

I wish more people would watch it before commenting or, even worse, sharing/believing media comments.

The wedding poem was relevant in the context of the show.

You're right, I don't have Netflix, or would have watched it. But the BBC is a usually impartial source, so the reporter's reaction surprised me.

People post on TT all the time about things they've read in the media, including from sources they consider reasonably neutral. If that stopped, the International section would grind to a halt. Netflix is also a media service.

From the horses' mouths -

In a statement to ET, their Global Press Secretary addressed criticism they have received for being so public about their lives on Netflix after withdrawing from the royal family for reasons of “privacy.” In fact, they never said anything about privacy.

“The Duke and Duchess have never cited privacy as the reason for stepping back,” the statement reads. “This distorted narrative was intended to trap the couple into silence. In fact, their statement announcing their decision to step back mentions nothing of privacy and reiterates their desire to continue their roles and public duties. Any suggestion otherwise speaks to a key point of this series.”

The couple announced their decision to step back from being working members of the royal family in January of 2020. They said that they hoped “to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution” in their statement at the time.

They also stated that they would “work to become financially independent,” and a deal with Netflix would certainly help with that objective. The couple also said that they were planning to split their time between the U.K. and North America, meaning both Canada and the U.S. They eventually landed in Montecito, California, for their primary residence.

In the rest of the statement on Harry & Meghan, the Global Press Secretary said, “They are choosing to share their story, on their terms. The tabloid media has created an entirely untrue narrative that permeates press coverage and public opinion... The facts are right in front of them.”

What did they expect ? The more they keep talking, the more they dig themselves deep. It shouldn t be this way but I doubt this is a battle they can win. Making good money out of it though.;)

Hearing about the man-woman love story makes me groan. And yawn.

"The palace DID brief against Harry and Meghan - what's the point in denying something so obvious?"

There was a moment that took place before the Sussexes’ docuseries Harry & Meghan went live that, while I sat watching the first three episodes, I couldn’t get out of my mind.

It's not that there wasn’t enough interesting material to digest. The show had emotional stories, sweet anecdotes and interesting historical context that made it a fascinating watch. But you don’t need a journalist — especially one who is far too in the weeds — to tell you what they thought of it. Best to see it for yourself (if you haven't already).

No, what had consumed my thoughts was a response to the first trailer for the six-part series, where Prince Harry is heard talking about the culture of briefing and leaks within the Palace. “There's a hierarchy of the family,” he says. “You know there's leaking, but there's also planting of stories. . . It’s a dirty game.”

Though it was just a few words (and only a preview of what’s to come), it was the first time since Princess Diana’s Panorama interview that a member of the Royal Family had so openly lifted the lid on one of the most toxic practices going on behind palace walls.

Though racism and lack of support are both important to the couple's story, the damaging stories leaked by individuals within the House of Windsor were also one of the main reasons the Sussexes felt a need to find a different path. A place to thrive, not survive, to borrow Meghan's words.

So when I saw a British tabloid article quoting a “royal source” (that’s usually code for someone at the palace who doesn’t want to go on the record) insisting that it was “absolutely wrong” to suggest the Sussexes had been briefed against, I had to reread the sentence a second time just to be sure I wasn’t hallucinating. It was gaslighting to the extreme.

Remember the 2018 tabloid stories moaning about Meghan’s 5am emails? The drama around her tiara? These reports, and many others, included anonymous quotes from palace sources and aides.

Yet some of the more royal-friendly members of the press have been quick to express outrage at Harry suggesting such a thing took place. But then, as is often the case, mirroring palace outrage is nothing new round these parts.

The reality is, people working at the Palace did brief against Harry and Meghan while they were working royals. Regularly. And it was hardly a secret, either. While writing the book Finding Freedom, a number of the staff I spoke to complained about the culture of leaking and negative briefings within the institution. Some felt it was out of jealousy of the couple’s unrivalled popularity at the time, others shrugged and said that’s just how it goes, and a couple believed that much of it came from a place of disliking Meghan.

More: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/palace-brief-harry-meghan-the-point-denying-so-obvious-omid-scobie-173057481.html

25 minutes ago, optimista said:

What did they expect ? The more they keep talking, the more they dig themselves deep.

They expected to put the truth out after being attacked by tabloid fodder for years. Nothing more.

What do you mean by "digging themselves deep"? I don't see where they have anything to lose.

Have you watched the series?

I half watched last week‘s 3 episodes as a bit of distraction. The first part seemed nicey nicey love story. Do I recall correctly that Meghan stated that she never felt any race difference growing up? It seems like her mother brought the race issue to attention? Any which way, I can’t watch any further episodes. Many families have some form of disfunction. Some worse than others. Cashing in to such an extent is tragic. 

As William and Kate unveil their new Christmas card, Harry and Meghan record a netflix special whining about not receiving one.

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/SEC_137463145-e07b.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=480%2C252

6 hours ago, fraufruit said:

They expected to put the truth out after being attacked by tabloid fodder for years. Nothing more.

What do you mean by "digging themselves deep"? I don't see where they have anything to lose.

Have you watched the series?

It is funny when people who have no clue post shit.

My mother (OBE) and various relatives (Baronetcy and Sirs) have interacted with the royal family and I can assure you that most, if not all, rings true. 

On 17/12/2022, 19:23:07, Janx Spirit said:

It is funny when people who have no clue post shit.

My mother (OBE) and various relatives (Baronetcy and Sirs) have interacted with the royal family and I can assure you that most, if not all, rings true. 

You've piqued my curiosity! What kind of interaction have they had?

They were their sex slaves ;) 

Seriously, I am the black sheep and have washed my hands of them. 

Many a true word ...:rolleyes:

Frankly, as a breed the royals do not emanate intellectual acuity. Their main asset seems to be niceness and caring. Hmm. Which is a bit insubstantial when it comes to justifying their place of priviledge. Their best bet would be to maintain an aura of regal mystery and never let the blebs over their doorstep à la wisdom of the late Queen Mother. The more they divulge of themselves, the more resentment they will incur from the struggling masses.

An article written by media personality Jeremy Clarkson about Meghan Markle and branded "deeply misogynist" has been pulled from both the website and archives of The Sun.

On Friday, one week after the the Top Gear host wrote that he hated the Duchess of Sussex "on a cellular level," the outlet said it was "sincerely sorry."

"It provoked a strong response and led to a large number of complaints to IPSO, the independent press regulator," The Sun noted in a new statement released Friday.

The article was taken down from The Sun's website on Monday with an initial message that read: "In light of Jeremy Clarkson's tweet he has asked us to take last week's column down."

the rest