Is Prince Harry revolting?

249 posts in this topic

The very purpose of Piers' arguing seems to be able to keep a story alive so that Piers has something to do.  It seems that the revolt is over and done with, and maybe he needs to move on to a new script.

In fact the entire manufactured drama was an excellent way to take the heat off Prince Andrew. A winning strategy.

I read this morning that Megan's gather had said he expects the next time his daughter will see him is when he is being lowered in to the ground.
Given the media circus he and his other daughter (she has actually written a book about being the sister) it would be hardly uprising if Megan didn't want anything to do with them all.

Well, Non Sequitur appears to believe we're still interested, even if it isn't any of our business.

nq200127.gif?resize=600%2C195

I think Meghan, Harry and Archie should be left in peace. That seems to be what M&H want. I don't think Meghan has been treated fairly in the media and suspect racism/xenophobia is at least partly to blame.

As long as they focus on being financially independent , do not sponge off the Canadian taxpayers,  get their visas sorted, then good luck to them.

I am sure they do not want to be ignored, quite the opposite.   But they want an adoring public and matching press coverage.  It will increase their global brand.  But so wildly, really off the scale, naive.  Diana was much the same, she sought out the press and did not like it when they were not as fawning as predicted.   Not that I like the tabloids, but hey, we all know what they are like.   How stupid can people be?  The RF used to be much better doing the no complaining, no comment thing.   And press in NA are less restrained than here. 

Prince Harry and Meghan tell tabloids: No more co-operation

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have told the UK's tabloid press they are ending all co-operation with them.

In a letter to editors of all the Sun, Mirror, Mail and Express titles and websites, a representative said the pair had taken the step due to "distorted, false or invasive" stories.

Harry and Meghan said they refused to "offer themselves up as currency for an economy of click bait and distortion". ...

The ban on engagement with the papers will mean that the couple's PR team will no longer even answer calls from the papers asking them to confirm whether claims made about the couple are true or not. ...

Outlining the new policy of "no corroboration and zero engagement" with all the publications that received it, the letter said the measure would also protect the couple's communications team "from the side of the industry that readers never see".

"This policy is not about avoiding criticism," the letter continued.

"It's not about shutting down public conversation or censoring accurate reporting. Media have every right to report on and indeed have an opinion on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, good or bad. But it can't be based on a lie."

The letter said the couple will continue to work with other media and "young, up-and-coming journalists" to raise awareness of the issues and causes they care about.

31 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Shoulda done that a looooong time ago.

I don`t think anyone not from the UK realises how bad the UK tabloid media is.Here`s just 2 examples of them Phone hacking and Hillsborough

I think the only difference this will make is that when the tabloids print something about these 2 people may well doubt it.

I certainly don`t believe it will actually stop the papers printing their usual salacious bollocks.

I can remember some pictures taken by a poor tabloid where Prince William is rubbing Her Royal Highness' butt with sun lotion in Southern France, where they were on holiday. Kate wasn't wearing a bikini top as well (not much to see anyway) and bent over while standing. They should stop cooperating as well!

Wow, keleth, I had never heard of the Liverpool boycott of the Sun. That is some powerful stuff there.

Now Harry has views about the wrongs the Commonwealth inflicted on the poor people of the world.

Why are his opinions still being aired on the word's media? Who cares what he or Meghan think about anything?

27 minutes ago, Acton said:

Now Harry has views about the wrongs the Commonwealth inflicted on the poor people of the world.

Why are his opinions still being aired on the word's media? Who cares what he or Meghan think about anything?

The same reason people follow the Kardashians, etc. These days everybody is an influencer whatever that means.

52 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

These days everybody is an influencer whatever that means.

In days bygone they were referred to as "lobbyists".