Working as independent physicaltherapist in Germany

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a physicaltherapist in Munich and I would like to start working doing private physical therapy sessions. I already know all the requirements to validate my diploma ("Anerkennung") including German level and so on. Given that patients here are usually already insured, I would like to know what should I do in order to accept insurance cards. Has somebody here gone through that process? Should I ask directly to the insurance companies, e.g TK?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, hfcr said:

Given that patients here are usually already insured, I would like to know what should I do in order to accept insurance cards. Has somebody here gone through that process? Should I ask directly to the insurance companies, e.g TK?

No, you need a Kassenzulassung that is then valid for all public insurance companies. Opening a practice for physiotherapy in Germany requires going through a fair amount of red tape and it is probably better to first be employed at a practice here before starting out on your own.

For more info:

https://www.physio-deutschland.de/fachkreise/beruf-und-bildung/freiberufler/zulassung-praxisgruendung.html