Need legal advice for my friend

82 posts in this topic

Dangerous people..no problem with their being deported. But it should be proportional to their crime and family circumstances. Again, a 2 euro wedge of cheese is not the same as a mass rapist etc.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Namu said:

 

I wasn't aware that deportation is based on criminal law.

 

Strange objection, punishment is based on criminal law - and punishment is what this is all about: 

 

After Marianne told you that "the punishment must be proportional to the crime" you replied "This principal sounds nice but is open to interpretation and needs to be defined. I think mostly this is used for extreme cases of punishment such as corporal punishment or torture."

 

Don't change the goalposts now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LeonG said:

 

In Canada they would have said

 

what the hell has Canada, or anywhere else, got to do with it?  This is a forum about living in Germany!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fraufruit said:

 

It's a good thing that you are speaking about a very tiny minority of people who come here. The vast majority are working and paying taxes just like you.

Not sure that has been true post 2015.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

 

Strange objection, punishment is based on criminal law - and punishment is what this is all about: 

 

After Marianne told you that "the punishment must be proportional to the crime" you replied "This principal sounds nice but is open to interpretation and needs to be defined. I think mostly this is used for extreme cases of punishment such as corporal punishment or torture."

 

Don't change the goalposts now.

 

I know my bad. I mixed up two things. But my objection is legally speaking correct I believe. You will not find deportation as a punishment in criminal law. It's not metered out by the criminal courts but by the authorities.

 

Similar to another area where stealing has direct and severe consequences even if the loot is only worth a few euros: employment. Try stealing from your employer and see what will happen. To get fired on the spot for stealing little things is not based on criminal law. Getting fired is also pretty horrible. You could also argue here that the punishment doesn't fit the crime in a moral sense. But I disagree here too because thieving distroys trust and without trust you can't run a company and you can't run a country.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Namu said:

To get fired on the spot for stealing little things is not based on criminal law. Getting fired is also pretty horrible. You could also argue here that the punishment doesn't fit the crime in a moral sense.

But you wouldn´t get fired as a form of punishment but because you can´t expect your employer to rely on employees who proved that they can´t be trusted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020, 3:45:24, TraceKira said:

I think thieves should get caning punishment like in Singapore.No mercy for thieves!

 

Singapore do not cane people for theft/shoplifting.   The punishment is up to three years jail for normal theft and up to seven years jail if the shoplifting happens in a shopping center or building.

 

On 1/5/2020, 6:10:39, jeba said:

I could think of criminals more worthy of caning than someone who stole a pack of peanuts worth €2.- .

 

As usual @jeba talking about something he has no idea.  Singapore does not care about the amount of the theft, even for something worth 2€ you could be charged and sentenced to jail.    Google "Mustaza bin Abdul Majid vs Public Prosecutor", the guy was sentenced to three year in jail for shoplifting some soft drinks from a supermarket.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

As usual @jeba talking about something he has no idea.  Singapore does not care about the amount of the theft, even for something worth 2€ you could be charged and sentenced to jail.    Google "Mustaza bin Abdul Majid vs Public Prosecutor", the guy was sentenced to three year in jail for shoplifting some soft drinks from a supermarket.

How do you get the idea I was talking about Singapore? Or that I have no idea what I could think of?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeba said:

How do you get the idea I was talking about Singapore? Or that I have no idea what I could think of?

 

He didnt say you did...    Thats maybe why he used a "."  a Full stop... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

 

He didnt say you did...    Thats maybe why he used a "."  a Full stop... 

So what should I have been talking about without having an idea of it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jeba said:

How do you get the idea I was talking about Singapore? Or that I have no idea what I could think of?

 

Because the previous post before yours was about caning in Singapore.  I like how Germans would always find an explanation why they are never wrong and you are a walking example that confirms the cliche.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

 

Because the previous post before yours was about caning in Singapore.  I like how Germans would always find an explanation why they are never wrong and you are a walking example that confirms the cliche.

 

Is there an explanation needed why I disagree with caning people who stole food worth € 2.- ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeba said:

Is there an explanation needed why I disagree with caning people who stole food worth € 2.- ?

 

FFS.  Where do they cane them?   Not in Singapore.  But, OK, since you are a German in need of reassurance of your always correct powers, yes, you are correct.  Happy?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krieg said:

 

FFS.  Where do they cane them?   Not in Singapore.  But, OK, since you are a German in need of reassurance of your always correct powers, yes, you are correct.  Happy?

What part of that I wasn´t talking about Singapore did you not understand?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Namu said:

thieving distroys trust and without trust you can't run a company and you can't run a country.

 

extrapolate much?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catjones said:

 

extrapolate much?

 

No, it's a long-term German jurisprudence that stealing distroys trust, confirmed over and over again through all levels of jurisdiction.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t like thieves. I can fully understand it, however, if someone is hungry, desperate, or sees no other remedy to feed themselves or their friends or family. But I don´t like it as a lifestyle.

I don´t like powerful organisations who can cheat a country of reasonable taxation on their profits to benefit society as a whole, either.

 

I don´t like the guy who stole my cassette recorder at a neighbour´s doorstep when I went to make a phone call across the road to ask if a friend was at home.

I don´t like the guys who surrounded me as a group of 4 and , smiling, turn  by turn, each took a cigarette out of my shirt pocket because they knew I was outnumbered.

 

I don´t like the guy who once tried to steal my HiFi when I left the front door open as an opportunist thief but, thankfully, my neighbour spotted him and chased  him off.

 

I don´t like the guys (twice ) who stole my passport when I wasn´t looking and being too trustworthy.

 

I don´t like the guy who mugged me at knife point because he wanted money to go the disco.

 

I LIKE people who don´t do that shit  (unless truly desperate..then I can understand..though not want or like it.)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020, 1:24:05, fraufruit said:

 

It's a good thing that you are speaking about a very tiny minority of people who come here. The vast majority are working and paying taxes just like you.

 

Absolutely not true ! From the german federal statistic office more than 50% of immigrants are unemployed .Google it

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now