Need legal advice for my friend

82 posts in this topic

NEED HELP

Hey , My friend is a Asian guy and still under process for asylum . He is extremely stressed and worried last week he was caught shoplifting in supermarket for worth of 2€ peanuts . The silly guy feel very guilty and ashamed . He said was very hungry and no money . The police took 2 signatures and let him go . Now he is very worried Will he be deported will the supermarket file case ? Will he go to court ? Or jail And when the time of his interview will come is there chance they reject him . Will this case effect his future in Germany And now what will happen . The process . Because my friend is so much stressed he thinks need to pack his bag and go back .

Yes.. He should go.. Let him pack his bags.

It will save this country money .

Theft is theft..

It's really getting weird on TT...

Every other post is either a newbie asking for a "best-share" invitation or some bloke asking questions about the consequences when being caught shoplifting (asking for a friend of course)...

Look i don’t know if he can or can not go back or what his issues are I asked for help or advice not criticizism  . If anyone knows relevant info will be thankful 

16 minutes ago, Lumialex said:

Look i don’t know if he can or can not go back or what his issues are I asked for help or advice not criticizism  . If anyone knows relevant info will be thankful 

Just use the search - top right. The subject of shoplifting and what follows from it has really been chewed through enough here.

I doubt he will be deported due to shoplifting if he's a bona fide refugee. Most likely he'll have to pay a fine. He could be deported for all kinds of other reasons though, most common if they don't buy his asylum claim or figure out that he came through another EU country on his way to Germany. 

Morally if he's not truly a refugee fearing for his life in his home country he should go home and stop wasting tax payer money and resources that could go to those who need it more. Legally he doesn't have to do anything. He could just stick around and see if they deport him.

His hunger and "need" to steal though, refugees do get some allowance to support themselves. If he's unable to make it last you should look up the thread for recipes on a budget. It was started recently for a poor student who also shoplifted. In the meantime, watch out for friends with long fingers. Don't go into a store with him anyway. If he steals while you are together you could be accused of being in on it.

2 hours ago, Lumialex said:

NEED HELP

Hey , My friend is a Asian guy and still under process for asylum .

From which asian country is he from?

2 hours ago, TraceKira said:

I think thieves should get caning punishment like in Singapore.No mercy for thieves!

I could think of criminals more worthy of caning than someone who stole a pack of peanuts worth €2.- .

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I could think of criminals more worthy of caning than someone who stole a pack of peanuts worth €2.- .

Agreed. But in order to uphold the social loyality on which the German system is based, Germany needs to get much better in punishing people that do not live according to this social contract. To me that means to deport thieves no matter how small the theft. 

6 minutes ago, Namu said:

Agreed. But in order to uphold the social loyality on which the German system is based, Germany needs to get much better in punishing people that do not live according to this social contract. To me that means to deport thieves no matter how small the theft. 

Theoretically, I agree with you Namu, but what are you going to do with German thieves?

To the OP, and at risk of winning the "worst joke of the year award", €2 is peanuts, and most stores will drop such a case, but issue a laden verbot - the thief will be banned from entering the store again.

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

the thief will be banned from entering the store again.

...and if he ignores that there will also be no effective consequences!

but what are you going to do with German thieves?

Deport them to  Trischen...

On 23/12/2019, 08:40:21, Lumialex said:

He is extremely stressed and worried last week he was caught shoplifting in supermarket for worth of 2€ peanuts . 

Assaulted?

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

Theoretically, I agree with you Namu, but what are you going to do with German thieves?

To the OP, and at risk of winning the "worst joke of the year award", €2 is peanuts, and most stores will drop such a case, but issue a laden verbot - the thief will be banned from entering the store again.

Unfortunately, you can't get rid of your own citizens even if they are thieves or worse. But you can get rid of foreign criminals through deportation. 

I know a couple that cheated to receive the US greencard. They are from Germany, lied, received the greencard, built up a thriving business in the US, never stole, paid there taxes, had a kid, applied for citizenship, got caught and were deported after decades of living a productive live in the US.

Germany is always taking about Leitkultur. But if we can't even make a clear statement with regards to criminals all the talk about cultural values are for naught in my view.  I am grinding my teeth to pay taxes for people that come here and steal or do worse. I understand these people come from cultures that are very different to our. That's why it is very important to send a clear message: you break the law you are finished. 

2 hours ago, Namu said:

Unfortunately, you can't get rid of your own citizens even if they are thieves or worse. But you can get rid of foreign criminals through deportation. 

I know a couple that cheated to receive the US greencard. They are from Germany, lied, received the greencard, built up a thriving business in the US, never stole, paid there taxes, had a kid, applied for citizenship, got caught and were deported after decades of living a productive live in the US.

Germany is always taking about Leitkultur. But if we can't even make a clear statement with regards to criminals all the talk about cultural values are for naught in my view.  I am grinding my teeth to pay taxes for people that come here and steal or do worse. I understand these people come from cultures that are very different to our. That's why it is very important to send a clear message: you break the law you are finished. 

Germany is so good to liars that if they manage to get citizenship and keep it for 5 years before being found out, they are safe.  Even in such a case as a guy having gotten married for papers while already being married at home, getting the passport and 5 years later "remembering" that he was married and had kids back home, applying to sponsor them and it was allowed. In Canada they would have said first of all his marriage for papers was null and void so no papers and no passport, second if he didn't declare wife and kids when he immigrated he can never sponsor them.

3 hours ago, Namu said:

I am grinding my teeth to pay taxes for people that come here and steal or do worse.

It's a good thing that you are speaking about a very tiny minority of people who come here. The vast majority are working and paying taxes just like you.